Numb3rs

CBS (ended 2010)

layle1

Numb3rs Fan Reviews page 7 of 9

• Not good enough to pull me away from another show I might like...but can fill some time without insulting me.

When I first heard about this show I thought: Cool. I don\'t remember much of my Calculus from Economics...but I liked it at the time.

The first few shows seemed original and fresh...a look at how mathematics could be used to find patterns in criminal behaviour. But now, its getting repetitive already. The math concepts being used keep repeating and the actual crimes being solved are nothing special or unique.

Good for a diversion if you like a bit of police drama but I can\'t recommend that this will become a classic.

Unfortunately, one of the main characters, has been forever typecast in my mind as the Chief Elf in Santa Clause. Perhaps that is affecting my opinion aswell.
  • Finally! Something educational, that's not stupid!

I first saw this and I thought just another crime show using numbers. Then I watched it, it great! Best crime show on CBS, beside CSI and Criminal Minds. Season 1 though had better episodes, like the dirty bomb and sniper ones were great! Nothing this season was that intresting like season 1's were.
  • Wanna watch a great drama? Wanna meet interesting characters?> Wanna see a non-dysfunctional family on prime time? Look no further! Watch Numb3rs!

Numb3rs a great and entertaining drama. The cases are interesting. The writing is clever. Those are all good reasons to watch this show, but that isn't what makes Numb3rs stand apart from the myriad of crime dramas. Ovbiously, Charlie is an incredibly cool geek who uses his super powers for the purpose of good instead of making others feel really dumb.

Numb3rs is not overly graphic with its cinematography. I'm a fan of the TMI-cam, but only in its native habitat (the original CSI.) Numb3rs doesn't feel the need to copy others. In addition, the family doesn't feel the need to berate and show disrespect to one another. The brothers and their dad *care* about each other and get along well.

All around, Numb3rs is entertaining and a positive influence. Hopefully, other shows will follow this example,
  • An original cop show, with some great storylines.

a very original pogramme that added an extra dimension to cop programmes with its great storylines and brilliant cast,ive only watched a few episodes of numbers but it really caught my attention straight away.It is not something i would buy on dvd but i am looking forward to series 2
  • this is a show about numbers not really exciting i like this show not really cool but its ok

ok not original rather watch a lotta of other stuff but its a pretty good show not really best but pretty good like its not csiy but ts csiy lol its also kinda good this is a show about numbers not really exciting i like this show not really cool but its ok
  • This show is a personal favorite. It appeals to me especially as a geek.

A great show that may have flaws here and there, but it is very interesting and for those of you logical and math oriented people out there, this show will interest you for sure.

A great show to watch if you like the world in terms of math and physics.
  • Like the CSI series, which postulates that we always leave traces of our passage, this suggests that math describes our universe in many subtle ways.

5.7
    I joined the series on episode 5, where the writers seem to start losing their nerve. The relationship of the math to the crime problem is still there, but they're starting to 'force' it in. Like those lame crime shows where the problem is always to find the right meaning of the clue the victim deliberately left behind. The next episode appears to be even more forced, with a cryptanalyst dad being extorted to supply encryption algorithms to a nefarious hacker? Get back to math being used to explain routine problems.

I hope it succeeds, gets its feet back, because we could use some more cerebral prime time entertainment, and this shows a lot of promise.
  • They spelled "Numbers" wrong....

Love the show, love the cast. When a math geek can get a starring role I am reaffirmed that I'm not such a loser. I often wonder if the stuff Charlie scribbles on the board actually means anything...
    Anyway, this series shows a side of law enforcement that we haven't been presented with before; math being used to solve crimes. Its refreshing to watch this crime drama with a dash of comedy, mix in a great cast and great writing, and you get a great show.
  • not very gripping.

4.8
    This show simply gives us the quirky ally mcbeal character, and giving the actor nothng but another quirky ally mcbeal actor to play on while fitting it into some law and order/csi related show. Taking the concept of Aronfoski's Pi and putting it into an American CBS drama series just doesn't seem to work, it seems familiar, boring and something i'm not entirely interested in.
  • Before this show you would think that crimes are solved only with physical evidence such as fingerprints and DNA. This show proves otherwise.

Who though you could link seemingly random crimes to the suspects home and job. This show shows us not just the drama behind crime investigation, but also the Mathematics and Sciences involved. What CSI did for science, Numb3rs is going to do for Math. The greatest aspect of this show is that the math is real and many of the crimes that the episodes are based on are real.

At first when you think of a show called Numb3rs you probably think of one of those super boring black and white outdated documentaries that your professors probably shoved down your throat. However this show is more Drama than documentary.

The writers of the show do a great job of combining the drama aspects of the show with the math and science without messing up the show entirely. That means that you watch it in order to be entertained instead of being informed. That's great because you get the math and science as well without being forced.

Overall this show is an excellent example of pure genius.
  • i think numb3rs is very good becuse it make u want to learn more and makes u want to watch the show more and it makes u want to do better in school and it helps u to understand thinks more better and how everyone use math everyday in life

i would give this show 200 stars becuse its good it make u want to learn more and you would want to watch it more it will help u to understand things better and make better choices in life like studing harder making good grades and not doing drugs right
  • Great show, fablous, entertaining, informative and a pleasure to watch.

The TV show Numb3rs is a fabulous show. My husband and I never miss an episode; however, it is on Friday night at 10pm which is too late, thanks to DVR we record it and watch it on Saturday morning. Every episode is entertaining, educational, has humor, feelings, bonds of family and friends. It has a deep meaning but Charlie explains things for the common ordinary lay person. The characters mesh well together and appear to project all the things that make a good show. Every season has been more enjoyable than then the last and we hope the show will continue. Although I feel Friday at 10pm is too late for us to stay up, most younger people are out parting and is the wrong timeslot to attract them, and would like to see it earlier at another time slot to broaden the viewing audience to insure its continuation.

• This show is amazing and I love the new use of Math to show that everything in the world is Math. I wish that it was on a bit earlyier here on the east coast but I still saty up to watch this completely mind-boggling show. I really like it.

This show is amazing and I love the new use of Math to show that everything in the world is Math. I wish that it was on a bit earlyier here on the east coast but I still saty up to watch this completely mind-boggling show. I really like its originallity.
  • New ideas

I'm glad someone finally thought of something new for a drama, but at the same time, its still the same old cop drama, just a new twist. I dig the fact that they use math, but it seems as each new episode comes out that the writers are finding it harder and harder to get the "math" angle into the plot. We'll see how it progresses in the next few episodes.
  • Numbers is a show that depicts a mathematician and FBI agents who have to solve crimes that are committed. The agents use investigative methods while the mathematician uses math. The agent and the mathematician solve the crimes in Los Angeles.

Numbers is an intriguing show because the show is based on the phrase “We all use numbers everyday.” Therefore, it is suggesting that math can even be used when solving a crime. The FBI Agent, Don Eppes, Rob Morrow, is a brother with the mathematician, Charlie Eppes, David Krumholtz. When a case becomes very complex and complicated, the FBI turns to the mathematician for assistance where he will use analytical formulas of probability with formulas and theories and even logic. The interesting thing about the show is how they can use math in a way to assist an agency in order to solve a crime. Lastly, I would have to agree that math can be applied to everyday things.
  • This is a great show!

I have never been very good at math. But, geek that I am, I've always been fascinated with combining science and philosophy - things like Quantum Physics. It's amazing how scientists can apply mathematical equations to the human factor. I doubt if it is as accurate as the show suggests, but then it wouldn't be as entertaining.
    I am sure that if Lorenz's Chaos Theory applies to predicting the weather, it more than applies to predicting how humans behave.
    That being said, the show is highly entertaining. And it's getting better as the characters develop. Don's hard as nails shell is softened by knowing that he feels guilty over his mom's death. Charlie seems more human with small character flaws like being a bit conceited, and hating being dragged to family functions. I think if they don't push the story lines to make them unbelievable, the show will just get better and better.
  • A crime show with a twist. Brains do matter. It is alright to be smart.

My personal favorite on Friday night. Loved it last year, love it this year. Have not missed an episode. Although you know it is a television show, it is totally believable. It has it all: crime, crime solving, family interaction, and even some humor. Hope it will be around for a long, long time.
  • Um seriado perfeito

Aqui no Brasil, o seriado Numb3rs tem tido altíssimo indice de audiência. Muitos estudantes de Direito, como eu,por exemplo, estão se dedicando ao maravilhoso mundo da Polícia Técnica.Assim como outros seriados que nos ajudam a desvendar várias curiosidades, Numb3rs vai além. Consegue ser um seriado brilhante do qual reune o sentimento familiar em que se envolvem os irmãos, o mistério dos casos e o dinamismo dos personagens!Todos do seriado estão de parabéns!A audiência tem sido grande e todos estão adorando o seriado!
  • After a formulaic first season, the second season is starting to do things right.

This show, about a mathematician and his FBI agent brother working together to solve crimes has really started to pick up. The second season is finaly moving away from the 'formula' of "Don give Charlie info about a crime, Charlie calculates the whats and wheres, and sometimes whos, and Don catches them in the last 5 minutes of the show, the end", and has really started to move into the territory of more complex crime dramas. The math is fascinating, and the analysis of crimes is getting more and more intersting. If the show needs to turn to character drama to hold everything afloat, it might fall apart, but so far this is a solid show, even moreso in the second season. I look forward to every episode, and I hope it stays that way.
  • Numb3rs is a great sophisticated new show.

I really enjoy this new series directed by Skip Chaisson. Numb3rs has a lot of Government VS. Bad guys which we get a lot of already on TV, but the great thing that keeps me turning back for the next episode is how the writers incorporate a lot of real terminology and events, for example: The renowned math problem that Charlie Eppes can't figure out P vs. NP is actually a million dollar math problem, other things like Quantum Theory's and such that are actual math theory’s.

Besides that every case for each episode shows a new way to solve a problem using actual math. Charlie Eppes helps the FBI and NSA solve a wide variety of cases using math. Each case Charlie helps the FBI with there is a new problem presented and a new way to solve it using math, Charlie then explains how this works in theory that most people can understand and some what learn from!

I know I have learned quite a bit from this show, I never was good with math but this show has brought a new meaning to what math can do weather we care to believe it or not!
  • Cool solutions, thought food, guns, action, hot chicks and some logical breaches

I think it's a great show. It has cool use of gfx to easily show the complex thoughts Charlie has. It also has a great cast with supprisingly good actors even in the supporting roles! One scene I like is when two partners in the FBI are talking about theier love life. One of them points out that the other seldom answers. That one just shrugs. The other then points out the shruging, and the first one shrugs again. And then look really taken aback. The best scene that shows the quality of the actors I think.
    But it's not perfect since it lacks some logic sometimes. They build this show on math and logic, so when it don't come together, it's kind of sad. Like s02e01. I don't think that it's a good episode.
  • A crime drama with a twist! An FBI agent and his genius brother work together to solve federal crime using math Rob Morrow stars as Don Eppes, a tough FBI agent and David Krumholtz stars as Charlie Eppes, a brilliant mathematician. Numb3rs

This is a wonderful show! It is truly amazing. It is a police drama yet it isn\'t like our other police dramas, like CSI and Law and Order, these are both good shows as well but they focus on the physical evidence and the gross bodies. While it is interesting, it could be so much more, and that is exactly what Numb3rs is.

Numb3rs took your average police drama and added in intelligence; it strives to be more than a source of blood and gore, it tries to teach us. Yes, you can take this in the literal sense if you please, it does teach us various concepts in math, which are important and interesting, however, what it tries to teach us the most is how important math is, how math isn\'t just adding and subtracting, how math is everything, how it will inevitably help us understand our universe. Most people see Albert Einstein as a scientist, but he wasn\'t Albert Einstein was a mathematician; he realized that math and the world are linked and he used math to come up with the general and special theories of relativity. Look at his expression, E=MC2, it is known mostly among scientists, it is known among little kids, many don\'t know what it means, but know that it has something to do with science. They are right, it does have something to do with science, it says that the energy in an object can be calculated by multiplying its mass by the squared velocity of light. If you don\'t understand that is all right, my point wasn\'t to teach you this, my point is to emphasize that even though we known how to calculate the amount of energy in an object, we don\'t know why, the speed of light is just a number, that number happens to also be an integral part of the equation used to calculate energy in an object. Another example of this is Pi, Pi is just a number 3.14159 etc. yet you can use it to calculate the circumference of any circle and the area, and it is just a coincidence that this number happens to let you do that.

Math is an integral part of our universe, and that is exactly what Numb3rs is saying, and they are the first of which I know, to say it. So I give them a ten, not only for being entertaining every week but also for having an enlightened philosophy behind the excitement.

Numb3rs is a job well done!

• This show is about two brothers who work together to solve crimes. one brother is a really smart mathmatician and the other is a policeman at the FBI.

This is my favorite show and can't wait for them to make it on DVD. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!! It has everything a crime show should have action, suspense, GREAT ACTORS. You should watch this show every friday night on channel 7. You will love it. That is a guarantee.
  • Get's better and better with each episode

Numb3rs is an extremely well thought out show, with great writing, stories and outstanding cast. It's got originality and intelligence, and it doesn't condesend to it's audience. Really worth watching. It's very stylishly shot with the lead character, Charlie's thoughts shown to the viewer. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
  • interesting and exciting

Vector was the first episode of Numb3rs I've watched, after my mum recommended it to me. It was a weird coincidence that the episode happened to be about an outbreak of pandemic flu given the current situation in Europe.

Even though I've never seen the pilot, it was easy to pick up what was going on and what the show was about. I loved the idea of a mathematician as the 'hero' - has that ever been done anywhere before?

All of the cast are likeable in their own way and it's good to see some familiar faces.

If future episodes are as good as this one was, I'll definitely keep tuning in.
  • I never miss it.

Everything about this show is perfect.
    The cast is excellently chosen, every single character fits.

David Krumholtz plays Charlie Eppes excellently. He portrays the mathimatical genius superbly, with limited social skills and grasp on reality.

This is countered by his FBI brother Don Eppes played by Rob Morrow. Street-smart, and although doesn't understand Charlies math most of the time (like the rest of us) trusts him and it enough to act.

The only downside I'd say is that sometimes the maths seems like its thrown in there for no apparent reason. One episode (i'll find out and review it later) their trying to catch a killer, and Charlie goes on about Don's baseball and statistics and then profoundly says "people behave in a certain way and repeat themselves" (para-phased) which i'm sure FBI agents wouldn't have considered when looking for a criminal.... oh well... it doesn't retract from the show.

Personally I want to see something happen with Charlie & Amita Ramanujan (played by Navi Rawat, "Theresa" on The OC)
  • A Novel approach to an FBI series by incorporating maths.

Numb3rs is one of my personal favourite shows I just have to watch.

Everything about this show is perfect.
    The cast is excellently chosen, every single character fits.

• Awsome!! hope it comes out on DVD

My math teacher showed one of the episodes in my class, and i loved it. I never thought that i would be able to understand what the people of the FBI do. I hope that it comes out on DVD cuz i would definitley buy it as soon as it did or does. it should also b on more often than just friday.
  • great

numb3rs is a nice change to the same old cop show. it looks at cases from a different angle and that is what makes it fun to watch. hope it stays around for a long time. i wish they would talk about the char. past more to know where they came from
  • I never knew math could do so much.

Numb3rs is like many other police shows that be see on TV every day, But Numb3rs also goes much more deeper then the other police shows because they us math to solve almsot every case that they run into and thats new to TV and different then all the other police shows. When I first started to watch this show (first episode of season one) I was not too big of fan of this show because I didn't think you could solve a crime by using only math. Each episode that I watched became more real to me and I started to think that maybe math could solve crimes if done right. Now when I watch each new episode I just say WOW now because I know that math done by the right people can slove anything and everything (If they had all the time in the world, I know they don't but people could still solve anything given the right amount of time)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9