Numb3rs

CBS (ended 2010)

layle1

Numb3rs Fan Reviews page 9 of 9

• Something different

The show Numb3rs is a different kind of crime drama. One which is out of the norm from what we are used to. Solving crimes by numbers is a brilliant concept. It shows a whole different side of math and equasions. It shows how logic and deduction can benifit in police work. I think the acting is good and the crimes are interesting that they try to solve. With a bit more tweeking this show could be a big hit. It may be a bit before its time. It took me a few times to catch on and appreciate it. But it was worth it.
  • X-Files like FBI scenes, with a really neat twist! -\"What\'s the compliment to an equilateral triangle? My you\'re looking acute today!\"

Although it's not really the sci-fi aspect of X-Files, each episode brings you a really good story, and you don't have to have seen any previous episode to know what is going on!

Clearly later on, the X-Files veered away from this, like every good show, and started some heavy character development and in-depth plots. I also expect numb3rs to do the same, with such neat ideas for the first season, I'm expecting alot from season 2!

My favorite part of this show has to be the visual representation of the math that Charlie does in his head, it makes it really fun to watch! Each episode plot seems to be well thought out and it dosen't have the corny feel that the movie Precinct 13 had... man were the 'tactics' that were used in that movie bad!

This isn\'t a show that you\'re going to want to choose as your one show and only watch that if you had to choose one alone, it just dosen\'t have the continuing plot (that we know of yet). But for those peopel that like to hear a new story every time, or who flick between channels to find something to watch, this is your show!

Jordan
  • How this show differs from CSI is just great. It also features other crimes not inly murders and homicides.

This show is great! I often watch CSI but this show is different. It features crimes different from all the murders that CSI keeps showing. Although CSI is also great, this is fresh relief from all the dead people that CSI brings. A very good storyline with something new every episode. Hope that the 2nd season will be better than the first.
  • It is about these 2 men which are brothers one of them is a Cop and the other one is a professor. He help his brother solve crimes that his brother is involved in. He solves all his crimes by using probability,math and strange but true it works.

This show will keep you guessing and waiting for the end. But what I really like about the show is how they solve the crimes it is very diffrent from any other crime solving show.The closes show that comes close to this show is Case Closed.I think that we have a long time until this show goes of air. I like it personally I almost love it.
  • A very original idea for a TV show!

This is an awesome show, definitely one of the best CBS has rolled out in a long time. In an age when TV shows are playing themselves out early by relying on tired ideas, Numb3rs has the potential for great things, because it's starting with an original idea that builds from something that is a great basis for a TV show; Crime. David Krumholtz is truly awesome in his Role as Charlie, the brilliant mathematician who helps his brother, Don (Rob Morrow, of "Northern Exposure" fame) solve FBI crimes using his mind and intelligence (oh no!) thru mathematics. The show will be a bit much for some folks; lots of quick moving thoughts, fast ideas and not a lot of gun play. The series is executive produced by Ridley and Tony Scott, both whom are known for electrifying stories to new levels. Their influence is felt on the camera work; the show moves like a film, not like a TV show. These few factors plus great writing will hopefully keep this show alive for a long time, beating out the boredom of most shows on ABC and NBC as of late. Five stars out of five. Catch this show.
  • Two brothers solve crimes together. One is an FBI agent, the other a mathematics professor. Using math to solve federal cases, Don and Charlie Epps cement their relationship as brothers and occasionally call in dad to give a little back up help.

The storyline is original. Two brothers with nothing in common until they work on cases together. The actors who play Charlie and Don do a marvelous job and each episode the viewer sees a different side of each character. For example, the viewer found out that Don was engaged and used to be a baseball player, almost professional. The viewer also gets to watch as Charlie tries to decide whether he should or should not ask out his assistent/student. The viewer sits on his/her couch and hopes that Don will date his partner in the FBI and Charlie will date his assistent/student. Though true to television history, the people the viewer wants together don't get together because then there would be no storyline. So, the viewer will get to sit through another well thought out season of almost dates and professions of crushes while Charlie helps his brother solve California's weirdest and most difficult mysteries.
  • Great Show brings maths and crime together.

This, as previously stated is a great show. If somewhat far fetched, though, arn't most shows. It makes maths, math for you Americans, interesting, even for those who don't like, or understand maths. Of course its a bonus that Charlies student friend, the girl from the O.C. who has Ryans child, is in it, and she is hot.
    The scripts are well written and then acting is great. SO overall this is a great show.
  • When you find out the premise of this show, you might be a bit perturbed at the idea of maths and crime. You might be interested as well. I for one, have enjoyed the first season, but sometimes with waning enthusiasm.

7.8
    Numb3rs is a show that uses math to solve crimes. Now, in any TV series, there are going to be good and bad episodes. This is no real exception. I wouldn't put it past the writers of this series to be extremely creative and run some episodes that blow our minds away, while still making us believe the storyline. But so far, I haven't been entirely impressed with the maths-crime combination. Definitely enjoyable, but not THAT impressed.

I distinctly recall one episode in which the line tying maths to solving the crime was SOOO thin, that I had to take a step back and say 'as if'. There were probably a few others I might not recall, but in the 13 episodes (particularly at the start, when everything's new), I was impressed by the genuine ideas they used in solving crimes. They generally did things which laymen wouldn't have thought about, and surprised us with ingenuity. Thumbs up for that.

The acting is fairly solid, nothing spectacular, but nothing annoying either. I suppose if we believe the story being told to us, the actors have done a fine effort. One disappointing thing is Sabrina Lloyd (Terry Lake, girl cop) leaving the show half-way through the season. It kinda sucked when she gradually disappeared from the series. Another major gripe I have about the show is the lack of continuity throughout the series. Granted, it was only 13 episodes, but I would like to see more consequential events that lead through to the following episodes.

I will watch the 2nd series. I enjoy the show, and I think others will find some appeal in it. However, I think others will struggle to see any real application of math (which I sometimes also struggle with), and therefore write off the show. Then, others will find a lack of continuity throughout the series a bother and point to 'no substance in the show', which is valid.

I will say this: watch it first before deciding whether you like it or not. The premise of the show does little to reveal the actual show's mechanics. Watching it firsthand reveals a lot more.
  • Numb3rs reaches ... time when civilization at large is beginning to overcome its ancient fear of mathematics. The show enables both mathematics students and the laypeople to appreciate how math is applied to solve real-world problems. By integrating int

Numb3rs daringly crosses a sacred, but obscure, boundary demarking concentrated mathematical knowledge and the delicate multitude. However, it does so while preserving much of what mathematics has evolved into today without suffering its audience with the austere, and sometimes rather grueling, quotidian nature of the disipline. The show does well to avoid highly improbable events and yet induces interest and intensity, giving applied mathematics a high-gloss sheen. There is no limit of potential topics which can be developed into appreciable, and even interactive, episodes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >