Numb3rs

CBS (ended 2010)

layle1

Numb3rs Fan Reviews (250)

• DUMB & boring

One of the worst shows ever. So religiously racial. 3 Jews solving crimes by math. Even it was 3 blacks whites or muslims it would have been equally stupid. Are you kidding a mathemitision to solve crimes. OMG Did the producers ever talk to a cop. DUMB
  • Too bad for the History part!

Numb3rs is a pretty cool series, I love it, but I have to say that I was very disappointed with the lack of truth when it comes to History. To say the least, a brainy soul like Larry would never mistaken the Aztecs with the Incas and say that the former had used quipus as their writing system, instead of the latter! Any of my students knows that! So, that's the biggest flaw ever that I've encountered and made me pretty upset, even though I still love the show and the math ingenuity it implies to solve the cases. Maybe in the future you should consider employing some one more knowledgeable in History as a consultant?

• Great Show!!!

Awesome show!!! I own it and have seen it three times.

The relationship between the brothers is great and also Amita and charley are such a cute couple
  • continue

Never enjoyed a crime tv show so much till I watched Numb3rs.. It's inspiring thrilling enjoyable funny and the list goes on... Did I forget interesting! I never understood math, hated it until I watched Numb3rs! I have to say thanks to NetFlix I was able to stumble across this amazing show with an amazing cast of actors.. I fell in love with the show I actually watched season 3 straight also 4. Since the show only has 6 seasons taking it slow that is why I really hope that there will be a continuance of the show and more seasons will be made... I definitely think that it will have high ratings and many viewers especially with a new twist.... So no matter what negative reviews this amazing incredible show has gotten it does not change the fact that it was very creative and one of the best.....

• Numb3rs

I have watched the entire series 2x. After 2 complete series viewings I decided to watch the Special Features aspect included in series VI. I found it appalling that in the overview "The Women of Numb3rs, Diane Farr and Michelle Nolden were excluded. Sophina Brown got due credit and I thought she was exemplary, but she was no where near the force Megan or Robin added to the show.
  • awesome

Im glad they cancelled the show. It was annoying and a waist of time. I cant stand the re-runs. CBS should also cancel the show psych. Thats also a waist of time. Now criminal minds, flashpoint,law n order and coldcase are what CBS should be playing more of. now those are shows that have good rateings.
  • One of the best, if not the best show of the 2000s. It's unfortunate CBS had to cancel it.

If there's one TV network I watch these days, it's CBS (which is owned by the company that owns TV.com). If there is one show on that network that I consider my favorite, it's "Numb3rs". I got introduced to this show in middle school by a math teacher I had who was a big fan, I was hooked!!!

The show focuses on the Eppes family and two brothers in that family with two seperate professions. Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) is an FBI agent, and the leader of the Los Angeles Violent Crime Squad. Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz) is a mathematics genius, and a professor at the fictional California Institute of Science (CalSci). By the way, did I mention Charlie also works with his brother on some FBI cases? Believe it or not, this show (in a way) is a lot like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (I've only seen some parts of some episodes from that show, I've never really got into it), only it's less graphic, and more... more... well, let's just say it focuses more on the FBI's case preparations rather than the grizzliness and violence of the incidents that take place.

I was wondering why the show was (and still is) so great. When I found out that Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony were involved, that definitely answered my question. It's really sad CBS had to cancel this great show. We're still avid watchers of that network though (except for their newscasts), both my parents watch "The Young and the Restless" in the afternoon, while my father is a big "NCIS" fan. I have yet to watch "NCIS", but my favorite CBS offering will always be "Numb3rs".

• Nonsense

Quite enjoyable for a couple of episodes and then very quickly became very formulaic, very silly and very tiresome.
  • A solid, if unoriginal, episodic cop series.

I've watched a lot of cop series (e.g. Law & Order, Bones, Castle, A Touch of Frost, The Mentalist, Life, Monk etc). Numb3rs places itself firmly in the middle of the pack. It is a solid show, quite enjoyable and recommended if you like this kind of show. Don't expect something original though.

So, why is it not great? Well to start with it, just like most other series of this type, borrows heavily from other shows like it. Every storyline has been done before, but math is used to come to the same conclusions as they would by looking at evidence in CSI or by noticing stuff in the mentalist/psych, or talking to people in Law & Order. This is often done in a... somewhat convincing way to a layman like me, but I often got the impression that if I were a mathematician I would be screaming at the screen a lot. This doesn't really break the narrative, though, not for me anyway. There are some episodes, however, where the writers betray an unbelievable ignorance and almost disdain for the group of people they are trying to portray (e.g. the hacker episode, the online gaming episodes, and of course any episode with a serial killer). Hardly unique for this series, but that's hardly an excuse. Overall the stupidity of the episodes is held at an acceptable level though.

Something which can be seen as both the main strength of the show as well as its main weakness, is the lack of extremes. Like Law & Order for example, Numb3rs avoids a lot of unnecessary drama that other cop shows (or just shows in general really) are prone too with characters fighting over irrelevant things that put them or their relationship in danger. On the other hand neither does the characters evoke truly strong feelings either. At least not for me. I did not hate or love any of the characters in Numb3rs, I liked them, I was not annoyed by them. They were solid (Megan and Larry my favorites, I also liked how Amita was portrayed most of the time). It would have been easy for them to make Charlie far more eccentric or his relationship with his brother far more loaded. I'm uncertain what to think of that actually since I for the most part found it nice to avoid the drama, but I still feel like not doing it did make it a slightly more mellow show.

Most of the episodic shows like this one usually has an overall storyline (perhaps an arch-villain they battle from time to time), but Numb3rs doesn't seem to have that. This could easily have left it feeling like the show had no direction, but I think they managed to avoid that by letting the character development putter the overall story along.

I'm repeated myself, but overall it was a solid, if unoriginal, piece of storytelling. I enjoyed it.
  • start producing new episodes

What a pity. that they stopped making episodes. It was / is a very good series. looked forward to watching every week. So look for new scriptwriters and producers make new episodes. I look forward to it.

Ferdibe greetings from Netherlands
  • gonna miss it

i'm good at math,its not hard as ppls think,you just put a very ancient table how to plus,minus,etc in youre brain.instead writting in paper,youre writting in youre brain.the problem is math is using so many "recipe",i followed that until i saw a great flaw in Eco math.
  • Will Be Missed!

I must say I will miss this show! Compared to all of the other criminal drama shows out there, I believe Numb3rs was superior. It had the unique idea of incorporating math into solving crime. I truly loved the character development of this show, and you feel like you know all of the characters after you have watched a few episodes. I truly hope the actors will continue to use their unique gifts in the future!
  • Going to miss this show.

Just watched the final episode and will really miss this show. I enjoyed the math, the logic and the philosophical ruminations. I enjoyed the human interactions and I enjoyed the writing, the diversity of characters and the actors who played them. Too bad it's all ended, but I shall look forward to seeing what each of these talented people do in the next steps of their careers.
  • Obviously nerdy but not smart yet.

3.5
    First, I'd like to state that I judge poorly this show for its first three seasons. Therefore I wouldn't know if it has improved or not since then.

The idea of a show combining crime and mathematics was great... Finally investigations that wouldn't rely on major breakthrough coming from nowhere. Mathematics are rational, I thought the show would have "kept it real".

I was disappointed by the lack of rationality "behind the maths". I studied mathematics for a long time now to know that (almost) everything can be modelized by mathematics, we may wonder about the relevance of the results though.

In Numb3rs (check out l33t language...) or Numbers, two worlds collide : the "real" one and the "theoretical" one. Lucky for us we can count on Charlie Eppes to bridge the two. How can he do such a thing? Some would argue that he is a genius, I would bet on the fact that he uses magic. Problem is maths aren't any kind of SFX you can turn around and throw as you like, there are several good things (I mean appropriate and well designed) in the show. It's the process as a whole that lacked consistency and credit.

I don't mind making fun of science (The Big Bang Theory), but don't make it sound like it's serious...
  • A great show about brothers.

Numb3rs is probably the only show I watched from the beginning. I saw the premiere and just fell in love with it. It feels so different from every other crime drama out there. The best way I can put it is that while all the other dramas feel like uptight, Numb3rs just sat back and relaxed. It never felt too too serious (unless it needed to be), and was never guilty of being overly dramatic. The dialogue just felt natural, and it seemed like all the actors had good chemistry with each other (except for Nikki, she was just never convincing to me). I was sad to see this show end, but honestly it didn't have much left to cover.

But anyway, a wonderfully unique (and educating) show with great characters, and entertaining stories.
  • i absolutly love this show don't know why they stopped showing it in the evening and why they quit making the show this was a show my whole family watched to gether all the time and now its on so early in the morning we are asleep at the time its on

please put the show back on i miss it so bad it was a clean show that i would allow my kids to watch and not have to worry about it it is somthing we watched as a family good quality time we spent as a family please put it back on at a decent time so we can start watching it again it is a good show and for you to stop making it upset me it was top notch in my book i loved it and learned alot from it so if you would please put it back on in the evening i would love it thank you so much it is as good as house csi ncis and othershows along that line please put it back onplease pu
  • Much better than most other police shows...

Numb3rs was a refreshing escape from the CSI shows that for some reason still rule TV. Still formulaic as hell and never really goes too deep into the characters but it creates a nice bit of TV to lay your eyes upon. The characters are likable and interesting as far as we get to know them and the nerdy math stuff makes you feel smart when you understand it. It has weaker and stronger episodes like any show and some longer multiple episode arcs as the show went on that were fairly interesting. Overall, the show is a pretty decent 40 minutes of entertainment and is much better than most of the other cop dribble on TV today.
  • Numb3rs is a Mathematical perspective on solving crime. The story revolves around Don Eppes who is an FBI agent, and his Genius younger brother whose a professor of applied mathematics. Each episode tells a new way of how math can be used to solve crimes.

Numb3rs is one of my favorite series playing right now. It seems to hit all the right subjects for me. I love drama, mystery, math, and crime stories and it gives all of those aspects, plus realistic and complex characters that are tied together with a great family angle tossed in amidst it all. All of it is well written and masterfully played, as well as incredibly insightful. Truth be known, I have learned many useful theories and concepts from watching thus far... I highly recommend this show, as I perceive it to be one of the best hours on television to date.
  • Veteran FBI agent Don Epps has the difficult task of solving some very complex and baffling crimes. Don get a great deal of help fom an unlikely source: his brother Charlie, a brilliant mathematician as well as several of Charlie's colleagues.

I became a fan of "Numb3rs" from the minute the show premired and stayed a fan all through the show's six year run. Which, when I come to think of it, is pretty peculiar considering I was terrible at math in school. I am the anti-Charlie Epps. As is the case with many great shows, what helped make "Numb3rs" so enjoyable was it's top rate cast. The show featured quite a list of quality actors, Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz of course, but the supporting cast, which featured such names as Navi Rawat and Peter MacNicol, helped make "Numb3rs" terrific.
  • I love this show - why did you take them off - if I couldn't stay up and watch it, I always recorded it. Why did you have to go and cut so many shows.

I never missed one show - every Friday I would stay up past my bedtime just to watch this show. So now I am just waiting to see where the cast will start appearing next. There wasn't one cast member that I didn't like - Charlie made a really good math geek, Larry - will he just out there on another planet. I wanted to watch both of the brothers get married. Why did you have to go and move all of the shows around, now the ones that were left have been moved to new days and times. So now maybe I won't watch that channel so much anymore.
  • Goodbye, Old friend

A gret show has come to an end. I think it was one of the best procedural on air. While Maths is very important for this show, it pales in comparisons to the tale of the Epps family (and their friends), their fights, their coming together as a whole, their search for love and happiness( I don't even know how to put this in words ). Same thing about the FBI-related dynamics. I liked most of the characters, expect Betancourt (I liked the actress in Shark, but here didn't really fit in) and the moralistic whiny Megan (especially after her DoJ stint). A very good finale for a very good series.
  • Absolutely great show; minor flaws in scheduling - e.g., three handsome Jewish characters in a show broadcast on Friday nights.

The Jewish sabbath begins at sundown on Fridays and runs until sundown on Saturdays. Friday night is also typically date night, and the evening when office coworkers grab a bite together after work. It's the night when kids stay up later, and parents spend time with them - and forego the shows they love, even at 9:00 or 10:00. The logic of programming an exciting show with intellectual intrigue, enticing plots with artful execution, romantic leads and non-leads, and three hunkly Jewish characters on Friday evening and at no other time certainly eludes me. Three generations of my family enjoy NUMB3RS, but we mostly would watch it by recording it - very rarely on broadcast.

Just a thought.
  • Numb3rs has delivered a consistently high quality, entertaining show for the last six years.

Numbe3rs has consistently offered a high quality program that gets better and more polished with each passing year. Now in it's sixth season the show puts a human flavor to the FBI. Every week crime gets crushed with an unusual team of FBI agents and scholars. Don Epps heads a unit of dedicated agents who are progress oriented rather than process oriented like FBI agents depicted in other TV shows. Don is helped by his younger brother, Charlie, a math genius. It is totally interesting how Charlie seems to come up with a mathematical solution to fighting crime. With the aid of scholars at CalSci the street smart FBI team that Don heads always gets the bad guy.

I've recently read where CBS has reduced the number of episodes they've ordered for this season - from 23 to 16. Critics predict that this indicates that the show is in it's final season. After holding top spot on Fridays at 10 pm and this season being preceded by a show that was so dead on arrival that NBC dumped it (how bad does a show have to be to get dumped by NBC?) we can only hope that we are not hearing a death knell for Numbe3rs. If CBS keeps this show and replaces Medium with Flashpoint as it was last season they will continue to hold the Neilsen lock on Friday nights.
  • i

i found out about this show because my friend was in math class and told me about it and what i heard from her, it was interesting! i wanted to know more so i went online and wanted to watch the episodes online and based on it, amazing! i love it i love all of the crimes and how important math. when i was young i saw a kids show that used math to solve things and this is for a age like me being a 14 yr old. i like everything and wish it will contuine because i find it awesome how interesting math is for the daily life. AWESOME!
  • It has it all!

I am a big fan of Numb3rs. Honestly, after the first season I wondered how the show could continue with such a narrow premise. Six seasons later I am still entertained every week. The real great thing about the show is the depth of the plot. The dynamics of Charlie and Don Epps has been significantly augmented by the addition of many other interesting characters. Whether it's understanding their father's struggle with late life issues or the challenges of law enforcement agents to sustain real relationships, Numb3rs is so much more than just a cop show. It's about human beings trying to deal with their strengths and weaknesses.

If you want something great to watch, Numb3rs is for you. It has terrific acting, innovative scripts, great story lines, vivid characters and a unique space on television. It really does bring together all the best elements.
  • This show is one of the good ones that I make a point of watching along with csi any, and two and a half men, and how i met your mother.

This is an incredible show, have you watched it, I like the suspense and the drama and the family thread that runs through, It is a good thing. I just like it! It has a quality that you can not find just any where. Please do not cancel the show. Do more advertising or put it in a differant time slot. your casting is great and the production is great. I think that the only thing might be the time. Or maybe it has run it course and it is time to end the thing. I hope there is life after this in sindication. this is a VERY GOOD SHOW!
  • This show keeps getting better and better with every season. The best by far on TV.

This show is about two brothers who work together to solve crimes. Now at the beginning of the series, the only thing the brothers had in common was their last name. Now, Don and Charlie Eppes have a mutual respect and friendship that did not seem possible when they were little kids. This show is more than just about solving crimes, or even about how two brothers from totally different worlds come together to achieve a common goal. No, NUMB3RS is also about the beauty and unseen potential of math, and how something that most people hated in school, could become something so incredibly amazing as the TV show NUMB3RS!!!!! This show deserves to stay on the air for a very long time because it's perfect in every way possible.
  • Different than others and highly watchable...

It is a different crime drama show than the others. They are not only dealing with forensic evidences also they are using math for catching the killer. The stories are getting better and better so that season 5 is the best for me.
    I like all of the chrachters especially Charlie, Allan and Larry, they are funny and genius.
    The actors are very talented so that the cast is perfect.
    The only thing bothers me that sometimes they explained some very simple theory from a very complicated way. For me it is unneccessary, but maybe they want to show the complication to the viewers.
    Cant wait to see season 6.
  • This show is one of the best I've ever seen. I live from Sunday to Sunday (becouse I'm from Poland and NUMB3RS is on Sundays there). I just love it!!!

I'm sorry about mistakes, I'm Polish. First time when I saw NUMB3RS I just liked it. Nothing special. But I started watching it regular... and... I loved characters, cases, math and everything. I "infected" my friends at school, and they loved it too. Now, about half of our school can't live without it. But I'm sad, that in Poland title isn't translated construe. There, it's called WZÓR, it means something like formula. It isn't big difference, but IT IS A DIFFERENCE. I didn't watch all seasons in TV, but saw a lot on websites of NUMB3RS and on youtube. I'm crazy about this TV series and I can't figure to oneself living whitout NUMB3RS.
  • numb3rs rules its so much better than sex and the city and so different to all the other stuff that passes as TV these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a major charlie fan/SDKG, but its not all about charlie all the main characters rock, especially larry!
    the story lines are eppic and getting better all the time, cant wait til season6 and i'm hoping it never ends!
    Seriously though, I never thought maths could be so sexy and entertaining charlie must have the best job ever; maths nerd, FBI consultant AND hot girl friend, its almost too good to be true his friends rock too, as already mentioned Larry is amazing.
    could you imagine Charmita's children? Amita's looks both their brains and a kick ass uncle. (DON)
    til next time folks...