Numb3rs

CBS (ended 2010)

layle1

Numb3rs Fan Reviews (250)

• One of the best, if not the best show of the 2000s. It's unfortunate CBS had to cancel it.

If there's one TV network I watch these days, it's CBS (which is owned by the company that owns TV.com). If there is one show on that network that I consider my favorite, it's "Numb3rs". I got introduced to this show in middle school by a math teacher I had who was a big fan, I was hooked!!!

The show focuses on the Eppes family and two brothers in that family with two seperate professions. Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) is an FBI agent, and the leader of the Los Angeles Violent Crime Squad. Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz) is a mathematics genius, and a professor at the fictional California Institute of Science (CalSci). By the way, did I mention Charlie also works with his brother on some FBI cases? Believe it or not, this show (in a way) is a lot like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (I've only seen some parts of some episodes from that show, I've never really got into it), only it's less graphic, and more... more... well, let's just say it focuses more on the FBI's case preparations rather than the grizzliness and violence of the incidents that take place.

I was wondering why the show was (and still is) so great. When I found out that Ridley Scott and his late brother Tony were involved, that definitely answered my question. It's really sad CBS had to cancel this great show. We're still avid watchers of that network though (except for their newscasts), both my parents watch "The Young and the Restless" in the afternoon, while my father is a big "NCIS" fan. I have yet to watch "NCIS", but my favorite CBS offering will always be "Numb3rs".