Numb3rs

Sacrifice

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 29, 2005 on CBS

• A fine example of how I like this series. It's inspired, believable and just well written.

A software engineer is stabbed. Charlie is able to retrieve the work on the engineers harddisk, although it has been carefully wiped out.

The whole episode revolves about scientists ethics. The punchlines are well and the characterdevelopement believable. Although I would have placed the job of restoring information from a wiped out harddrive more in the hands of a computer scientist, the role of mathematics is still plausible here. It's a pleasure to watch.

Just the only tiny flaw, that killed the perfection for me: when David and Don return to the apartement to look for a trace of surveillance equipement, I just could'nt understand, why this trace would'nt have been found much much earlier. When there's a piece of cable sticking out somewhere in a victims' apartement, I don't think proper policework will not find it...