Numb3rs

Scorched

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Dec 16, 2005 on CBS

• A good companion episode to the first season episode "Sacrifice."

Like the first season's Sacrifice, we are presented in this episode with a sort of "alterna-Charlie." What Charlie might have been if he had tried to impress someone other than his big brother.

However, this was not done to show Charlie growing, but rather show the growth Charlie has already accomplished. Megan brings Charlie along because he will be helpful in talking to the boy and because Charlie would understand (but not necessarily over-sympathize with) his plight.

The bad-guy with a stutter was a little much. A little silly, really. But the inclusion of Bill Nye the Science Guy nulls any negatives in that regard. Seriously, it is funny to think that he was probably one of the few people ever in the history of Numb3rs stars and guest stars who actually understood his dialog without an explanation. Too bad there was no bow-tie.
  • Review

I thought this episode dragged a little at the begining but the ending made it worth it. The fact that it had been the guy we thought was trying to solve the fires all along was a huge shock and one that no one could see coming from a mile away. I did think that the early parts of the episode did get a little too much involved the the fire fingerprint and its importance in solving the case. I dont mind when Charlie goes off on random 2 minutes spouts, but it seemed like he was repeating the same thing for the first half of the episode. Im not such a big fan of the writers slowly but surely writing Amita out of the plot. Shes not appearing as much as she used to in season 1, where she was a big influence in almost every episode.
  • It was great

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought that it was quite funny in some places which is nice. I think the FBI are glad that they have Charlie consulting for them because in this episode it was actually him that got the accused Ethan to partly tell the truth about what really happened. We can't give Charlie full credit for the real confession though. After finding out that it wasn't Ethan I turned to my mum and said my moneys on that fire department guy that wanted Charlie to look at some equations. Ha I was right and not ashamed to brag quietly to myself.

• Review

• I was extremely disappointed in this episode.

It was not one of their better episodes. It was very predictable. I knew who the arsonist was at the beginning of the show. I kept waiting to be proven wrong (which I usually am) but it never happened.
    One of the things that I love about this show is the fact that it always keeps me guessing. If I can figure out who done it right off the bat, the show quickly becomes uninteresting to me.
    Also, they had thrown down a teaser a few episodes earlier about Larry liking Megan, but now, they are ignoring it like it never happened. I hate when I'm left hanging. Come on, writers - don't get like every other useless show out there!
ION