Numb3rs

Scratch

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 08, 2010 on CBS

• A team of robbers steal lottery scratch cards as part of an ingenious plan to win the jackpot.

A team of robbers steal lottery scratch cards as part of an ingenious plan to win the jackpot. Just off the top of my head I can think of better and easier plans and I'm not a criminal, so the robbers were not as smart as the program makes out they were.
  • Don and the team investigate a series of robberies in which a large number of scratch off lottery tickets have been stolen. The investigation takes a rather odd turn when its revealed that the robbers are all past lottery winners.

This episode was one of the better ones as of late but it does have its problems. Charlie's scenes with his father where they argue the pros and cons of the lottery seemed too contrived to be believable. They looked not like two people having a serious conversation but rather like two actors reading a script. While I did like how the script avoided some formula plot lines when the true motive for the robberies was revealed, it did hit some formula snags towards the end. It was obvious to me that the analyst working with Charlie was innocent. Mediocre.