Numb3rs

The Running Man

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 03, 2006 on CBS

• Charlie clashes with Larry while the Eppes boys learns more about their dead mother.

I'm either hot or cold with Larry. He is either the highlight of an episode or he absolutely makes my blood boil. This episode he did the latter. He has a somewhat poisonous relationship with Charlie. I don't like how Larry automatically assumes the worst with Charlie. Never is he 'oh, how nice, Charles.' He's always telling him off for being too full of pride or not spending enough time on his mathematical contributions to society (occasionally the two contradict each other). True, sometimes it is warranted, but not ALL THE TIME! Even Charlie going through his old school papers is perceived as narcissistic. So Larry is not my favorite person this episode.

That said, I really liked the rest of it! I love that Margaret Eppes was a talented musician. It is sad that she never shared that with her boys, or else they might have been more willing to keep up with the lessons.

Ron was a great character. He shows how one can crack under the pressure to perform in universities. Granted, he took things to an extreme, but it does show how much emphasis we put on people to prove their worth in this society.