Numb3rs

Ultimatum

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Nov 13, 2009 on CBS

• Lou Diamond Phillips is back in action for another great Numb3rs episode

I have to admit – I was spoiled fort this episode and I knew LDP will be back as Ian Edgerton, but it was still such a pleasure to see him again. Of course there was no doubt that everybody will walk out alive, but it was still interesting to see how the story progressed. The 'twist' in the end wasn't exactly a twist, because it was obvious from the beginning that the female agent was the "bad guy", but the actress was good enough to make her character dislikable. I particularly enjoyed having my two favourite characters (Colby and Ian) together. LDP is a really good actor and he portrayed Ian's emotions perfectly. It has to really s**k being the hero one moment and the next becoming the bad guy, and LDP sold this part completely. I wish we could see him more often. Colby's story about his father was a good one too. I love this kind of character background. And when Colby said "than stand at your funeral, Ian" I just felt like crying =).

The ending of the episode was brilliant. We had the 'romance' part b/w Nikki and Ian (though I'm not exactly a fan of this story, but it was funny), the 'friendship' b/w Colby and David and of course the family- Charlie and Don. I love it how this season is a lot more about the brothers' relationship than it was the last couple of seasons. After all, that's how the show started-with family and friendship.
TNT