Numb3rs

Under Pressure

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 04, 2007 on CBS

• A classic example of where this is all going to go horribly wrong if someone doesn't pay attention.

2.4
    Don't get me wrong - I like this, I like the characters, the dialoge is well written. BUT. There is a HUGE flaw in the logic. Set aside for a moment that whilst the maths may be valid, it would take weeks to months to deduce some of the algorythms that Charlie comes up with over lunch, the problem is easily demonstrated in this ep. Charlie works out that the water supply is the best target. He uses *professorial* expert level maths to work this out. Based on this, they immediately disregard all other possible targets and just wonder where and how the water supply is to be attacked. But what happens if the bad guys don't have access to a fast thinking maths geek of their own? Answer? They never realise that the water supply is vulnerable (they may not even know teh sarin can be put in water without breaknig down) and are even as we speak setting up a bomb to vapourise the sarin on hill upwind of the city centre...