Numb3rs

Velocity

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2007 on CBS

• What appears to be a street racing accident gets complicated when the driver, or who they assume is the driver, winds up with secondary injuries apart from the crash.

Great episode. I watched it twice. *Spoilers*
    I thought it was a bit of a stretch that there "happen" to be a former streetracer at the coffee shop. However, since they clarified that the races were purposly racing in front of the former racer, then it cleared it up. Kind of... What I did not like was the fact that I saw the kid crawl out of the trunk. So I was left nearly the entire episode thinking that I had misunderstood what I saw. They were calling him the driver, so I must have been mistaken. He didn't really crawl out of the trunk. But yes, he did. I was too preoccupied with that to enjoy the mystery of it. Perhaps if they had not shown the audience that the kid was in the trunk to begin with, it would have been a better mystery. At least for me.

A new character is introduced. Ray Galuski is a mechanical engineer. He is played by Chris Bauer, I personally loved his work on 3rd Watch, and was glad to see him. His character is very likeable and I am hoping to see more of him. Plus, he was totally crushing on Megan, dude!

There are some great character development scenes. A scene with Alan and Amita, and Larry is there to - at least in body, where she had left her pda in the hallway and he was returning it. She was very embarassed, I am assuming because it was proof that she had spent the night with Charlie. Alan says something like "We are all adults", and continues awkwardly that when he was her age he was already married, and "had a kid". I don't know if he was trying to make her feel more comfortable or hinting that he would like some grand children.... we'll have to wait and see about that one.

David is still moody with Colby. Get over it already. What are you? 12? But he did make an attempt, he found Colby's special fishing lure and left it for him to find, without trying to hide the fact that it was him that found it for him. Awwww..... there's hope yet for that young couple!
TNT