Nurse Jackie

Play Me

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2011 on Showtime

• I find this show normally entertaining, except for this episode...

I've never reviewed this show before, for although I find it entertaining and somewhat compelling, it's never driven me to review any episodes until this awful episode.

I found the cheesy music cues annoying. I don't recall this show using these awful musical cues before, but if they did, then they did it in such a way that it wasn't over-the-top, unlike this episode. Ewww.

It turned me off so much that I wasn't able to concentrate enough on the actual storyline to keep interest, so I multi-tasked and ended up missing what happened with the actual storyline. Usually if I miss out on a show I enjoy because I multi-tasked, I'll rewind and rewatch, but not with this episode - I'd rather not know than rewatch the last bits.

I don't know if it's related to my mistaste of the awful, overdone musical cues, but I feel the "God" character storyline could have been better if I had been "reviewed" about it, for it's been so long since this storyline that I forgot about it, and didn't recognize the "God" character until it was no longer enjoyable.

I hope future episodes are back to normal, for I normally enjoy this show.