NYC 22 Forums

CBS (ended 2012)

Another Rip-Off Of Canadian TV...!

mlauzon

[1]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 8

Seriously, they did it with Cold Case (2003 - 2010), which was ripped-off from Cold Squad (1998 - 2005), and now they are doing the same thing to Rookie Blue (2010 - )....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Airsoftking525

[2]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 6
    it really annoys me when cop shows cant be original, for me the best cop show set in NYC was Third Watch, that had great actors, stories and was completely original.

Just_Jos

[3]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 11

This show is way better than "Rookie Blue" in my opinion and this is just from watching the pilot.

NWBill

[4]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 2

You know what? Much as I love Canada and Canadians, I think it's a little pretentious to say America's "ripping off" cop dramas from Canada. I mean, no one I know of is rushing out to make a series about the Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto police departments - excellent as I'm sure they are. But if you go back through cops series from the past thirty years, they all branch out from two main locales and police departments: the NYPD, and the LAPD. Now, again, no disrespect to our northern cousins and neighbors - but it's just a given that as far as city police departments go, the NYPD is generally considered the best in the world (one reason why TV bases so many series and shows there). And the LAPD isn't too far behind. Heck - NYPD has liason officers in dozens of countries around the world .... no other police department does that.

Is this just American pride? Sure is .... to use an oft-quoted phrase down here, "just go where the evidence leads."

NWBill

[5]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 2

Agreed. So far, I think the overall level of acting is superior.

THEJELLYBEAN66

[6]May 11, 2012
    • level: 17
    Airsoftking525 wrote:
    it really annoys me when cop shows cant be original, for me the best cop show set in NYC was Third Watch, that had great actors, stories and was completely original.

*tears* I STILL miss Third Watch That was a great show.

mlauzon

[7]Jul 8, 2012

Just_Jos wrote:
    This show is way better than "Rookie Blue" in my opinion and this is just from watching the pilot.

That's why "NYC 22" has been cancelled, and "Rookie Blue" is coming back for a fourth season; so tell me again which is the better show!

NWBill wrote:
    I mean, no one I know of is rushing out to make a series about the Vancouver, Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto police departments.

Vancouver = Cold Squad, The Beat, Da Vinci's Inquest, Intelligence, Continuum, and a new show coming out in 2013, there are probably more.

Toronto = The Bridge, Rookie Blue, Flashpoint, Murdoch Mysteries, Forever Knight, Blood Ties, Blue Murder, The Border, The Listener, there are probably more.

Ottawa = not to sure, being the capital and all.

Montreal = possibly French language ones.

UPDATE:

Vancouver: Motive

Toronto: Cracked

Edited on 02/04/2013 4:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mlauzon

[8]Oct 29, 2013
    Toronto: Played