NYPD Blue Forums

ABC (ended 2005)

Season DVDs

PSUIrishDave

[1]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 17
    I can't believe that sales could really impact their decision THAT much to put subsequent seasons on DVD. Firstly, there are TONS of shows out there right now that have had less commercial appeal than NYPD Blue, and they're all being released on DVD. Secondly, with a show as popular as this, such as X-Files or Seinfeld, you would think they would practically RUSH to get them out.

Yet, how is it that X-Files has all 9 seasons out on DVD and NYPD Blue has only 2?? Maybe it's the packaging? The packaging for X-Files is a lot more tidy, ad-worthy. The packaging for the NYPD Blue season DVDs look like S**T. That could've impacted sales quite a bit, since in America, advertising can make a big financial impact.

Further thoughts?

PSUIrishDave
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AndySipowicz

[2]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    I've been wondering why there are only 2 seasons out. This show is better than 90 percent of the shows they have on DVD and most other shows have all of their seasons. Even the shows still on are up to date. Blue should have at least 6 or 7 seasons out by now. This makes me very mad because this is my favorite show of all time and it's not on tv enough anymore. Can you tell me the story behind this slow production, please?

123home123

[3]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 55
    Not that I'm justifying it, but the traditional thinking among the production companies is that DVD sets for sci-fi shows and others with fanatical followings will sell better than DVDs for dramas like NYPD Blue. I believe that FOX was somewhat disappointed at the sales for the first two seasons of NYPD Blue, but I'm not sure what level of sales they were looking for.

MCA has released the 1st 4 seasons of Law & Order on DVD, plus the 14th season (2003-2004). I don't understand that either.

It's difficult to really say anything without knowing the sales figures. On Amazon.com, the NYPD Blue Season Three set is ranked 187 on the list of DVD sales. It could be better I suppose, but many people probably don't know about it. It's been so long since Season Two was released. At least there's less than a month now before Season Three is available.

meleeunbeatable

[4]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 46
    Yeah, plus studios don't advertise tv on dvd sets very much. I've seen a few disney sets advertised on dvds and seinfeld sets advertised but that's mostly it.

Jayshmay

[5]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 2

What do you mean only 2 seasons of NYPD Blue out on DVD, there are 4, and in my opinion, in order for them to get somewhat cought up, should release 5, 6, AND 7 in the 2007 calendar year.

Heck, there are a total of 9 Season of NYPD Blue, I certainly hope they get they're act together and finish the series no later than the end of 2008!!!

Don't start a series, w/o finishing it, it's just bad business!!!

marvelfan89

[6]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 39
    There are 12 seasons alltogether but I agree with the rest of you guys. It'll take them a while though to release the rest.

odino_

[7]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 29
    They released S1 and 2 quickly, then nothing for over a year. S3 and 4 came in quick successions once again but so far there is no word on S5 and it doesn't look like they will have more than another season out by the end of the year.

jackiechanfanoh

[8]Jul 13, 2007

Any news on more seasons? Usually if something is in the works you can at least pre order it or request to be on a mailing list from amazon.com. But as of yet nothing regarding seasson 5...

Any facts would help (regarding the release schedule of the NYPD Blue).

Thanks

PSUIrishDave

[9]Oct 7, 2008

AMAZING! ... More than an entire year has passed even since the last reply in this thread and there's STILL been no action to release more sets. They're still on f**king season 4. It makes me want to shoot somebody. I can almost picture myself on trial.. The prosecuting attorney says, "Wait a minute -- it was because they didn't release any more Season DVDs of NYPD Blue???!" and I say, "Yes, sir."

I simply don't get it. They at least should've gotten up to releasing the dramatic season 6, with Det. Simone's passing... bunch of airheads making decisions.

Never mind.. I'm gonna go cool off.

ID

sremnes

[10]Nov 20, 2008

Atleast you candownload season 5,6,7,8 and 12 of the net. Now if somebody would just rip the last 3 seasons i will be happy

cfazzari

[11]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 1
    I just got that DVDGLOBE 12-Season DVD Set being advertised online off Google for $99. It SUCKS. DO NOT waste your money. I am sending mine back to "The Land Of General Tso's Chicken" (Since The moderator will probably delete the name of the country anyway. What these Asian guys did was get good DVD quality copies of seasons #1 - #4 and THEN VCR copied Seasons 5 - 12 from TNT - They didn't even bother to try and erase their logo!!- The picture quality is BAD-VCR Speed lousy. The sound quality is lousy. And the second disk in Season #5 CANT BE READ!! What is the point of having this set if you can't even watch all the episodes!! Anyway - You're All Warned!!

cslckl

[12]Oct 12, 2009
    Never watch regular TV. Can't tolerate commercials. Got NYPD Blues DVD's (seasons 1-4) after big surgeries, now am rather pissed that the 'powers' haven't seen fit to produce and sell the other 8 seasons.

WTF? There's big $ in releasing these seasons and why the H can't they see that? NYPD Blue is probably the best of the best TV series shows that has ever been produced.....there is certainly a huge profit to be made in making these seasons available for purchase....

Can some enlightened soul shed light on this?

AmyMartoranoRo

[13]Nov 1, 2009
    Does anyone know where I can download seaon 5 at least? I'd like to at least be able to watch that

trainnut51

[14]Aug 2, 2010

When they came out with season one on DVD of NYPD Blue and said that they would come out with season two in six months I decided to buy all tweleve as they came out with them. After season four came out they stopped putting them out. I then heard that sales were not what they exspected so they stopped. Now I have only five seasons and can't get the rest. I think that stinks !!!!!!!!!!!!! NYPD Blue was my favorite TV show of all time. I see that they have all the season of less popular show. I also feel it's wrong to start something and then stop. WHY, WHY I ask WHY Just my two cent's worth.

Edited on 08/02/2010 8:46am

BarbieGoneBad

[15]Sep 28, 2010

I have the 4 seasons on DVD that I bought and then ordered the remainder from this site:http://www.ioffer.com/i/nypd-blue-98-sns-5-thru-12-36-dvds-175-eps-dvr9-0-150438667. I haven't watched them yet but watched a bit on some and the quality seems to be A-OK.

SWBorderer

[16]Dec 7, 2010

Can't understand why the whole series isn't available on DVD. I have been trying to get it for ages as I am registered deaf and need to use English subtitles. There is so much rubbish available on DVD I can't understand why one of the best programmes ever isn't available. You would think that with so much rubbish on Sky one of those channels could find space to rerun the whole series. If someone from one of those channels reads this and decides to put it on, please make subtitles available.

don84z

[17]Aug 14, 2011

Currently, 4 seasons are available on DVD. I can't believe 20th Century Fox won't release the remaining 8 seasons. The show was very popular and ground-breaking. All I have are DVD-R's recorded from TNT reruns and some VHS of ABC primetime. The TNT episodes are butchered so badly, sometimes a commercial pops up when the characters are in mid-sentence. And those annoying moving graphics. Why do networks spend so much time and effort to get you to watch their programs and then when you do, they don't let you! They crowd the screen with those graphics!

TobyPirkle

[18]Dec 9, 2011
    go to Amazon.com & you can find all 12 seasons on DVD I've signed up to be a "prime" member for $79 a year & you get unlimited access to all episodes for free. They do a 30 day membership trial run & I'm loving it......I couldn't find any place that had this show & finally found one I was so excited!! wooo hoooo. this is the best show ever.

Go check it out & if you don't want to sign up you can buy the episodes for like $1.99 each or the season for $35.00 each I think. but I don't pay anything because I paid $79 & get them all for free!!!

I'm not sure if everyone on this site can see this post I don't really ever come to this site I just found it while I was looking for information on NYPD Blue.

please everyone that is as big of a fan as I am spread the news & let everyone know that they can watch the show on Amazon.com sign up to be a Prime member or not you can still watch it but if you bought 2 seasons on DVD that is already $80 & that is what it cost to get free access to all seasons

Toby

Jason92s

[19]Dec 22, 2011
    Just found it on Amazon today and I was already a Prime Member so this is GREAT NEWS!!!!

DavidBarro

[20]May 23, 2012
    • level: 4

And here we are, five months after the most recent post... What do people do with the Amazon Prime viewings of the eps? do they just watch them on their computer screens, or do they have a special capturing app that does it?