Oban Star-Racers Forums

Toon Disney (ended 2006)

kind of disappointed by the ending

stryker3838

[1]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    Now don't get me wrong, it was a great end to a great series, but I think that turning Jorden into the avatar was wrong! I just kept on thinking, " Poor Molly!!!" I also think that with the bad guy dieing in the end, I think that Molly's mother should have come back to life anyone agree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Animefangirl11

[2]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 6
    Well, SOMEbody had to be Avatar. I wasn't all that surprised actually. I mean, with Molly being Avatar, she'll never get the chance to be with her father, who has finally seen the error of his ways. And Aikka has a whole kingdom to run, so he was out too. Even though I do find it sad that Molly couldn't be with Jordan after he finally confessed to her, (and this is even coming from a Molly/Aikka fan) he was the only choice left. But also, how would Maya come back?? That possibility was shattered when Molly learned of the true nature of the Ultimate Prize.

stryker3838

[3]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    true but you got to think, that would be a great twist!

Oban_Fan

[4]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 2
    Yeah it was kindy disapointing. It almost wanted to make me cry but at least she has her dad now. She isn't that alone.

SEL13

[5]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 1
    AARRGGHHHHH!I knew this would I happen! I so called it... They couldn't resist the preppy anime school girl look! (pleated skirt and socks and school bag) While Eva's look is gearaed more towards 'punk school girl' I still knew that they couldn't resist and make this series truly a new form of anime.
    Also... i think my eyes burned out of their sockets when they saw Don in a polo shirt. All in all, I was disappointed. WHY ON EARTH IS JORDAN SUCH A NICE GUY?! I thought Aikka was supposed to be the chivalrous one. I guess I was wrong. (Sorry to anyone who likes the preppy anime school girl look)

Deeds37

[6]Dec 16, 2006
    • level: 2
    I thought the ending was great I like it when they don't turn out the way everyone wants it to. I was happy for Jordan he finaaly got to do something besides be the wheel of things. Also bringing back was definately out the question when Molly/Eva found out the real meaning of the prize. So the ending was awesome to me and I was so happy for Jordan he finally found his place.

fire_wolf68

[7]Dec 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    I loved the series, but I wasn't so crazy about the ending.  I did like the fact that they had that twist and Jordan got to be avatar, but not the fact that him and Molly couldn't be together.  It made me cry at that part.  Maybe if they make a sequel to it, and make to where Jordan and Molly see eachother again, I'd feel better...    

Ninja_Ziva

[8]May 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    i didn't even see the last episode but from what i've heard and read i am not satisfied with the ending, and i haven't even seen it!

KarumAchan

[9]May 13, 2007
    • level: 3
    i liked the ending.. to be honest i was crying.. that hasnt happened in a long time while watching a show in the USA

ninjafred95

[10]Aug 11, 2007
    I have to agree with SEL13 on the ending outfit. It had to happen eventually, but its still EVIL!!! I almost busted out laughing when I saw it, Eva in a mini skirt is so unlike her. I much prefer thepunk school girl type of outfits she wore. As for the Maya's (or Miya, don'tknow the spelling)resurection, I have a highly unlikely and pretty much impossible theory. They never showed or said that the body was found right? That means that when Spirit swooped over her star racer he could have pulled her out at the last second. And she had been horribly burned anyway due to the closeness to the explosion, so she couldn't confront her family. Years later when her burns had healed a bit, she found out about Eva and Don being a family again so came out of...well hiding I guess.
    Edited on 08/11/2007 10:23pm

nov11794

[11]Sep 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    That was so so sad, I could have cried. Molly couldnt be with Jordan and he risked his life to sae her And he risked his life for her I mean tht just to sad

Fairy-Moon-Mew

[12]Jan 1, 2008

The ending made me upset aswell....

I had an idea though... Don Wei should have burst in at the last second and sacrificed himself for Molly and Jordan. I think that would have been cool, becuase then when it zooms out on the screen at the end, it could have been Don Wei stood with Molly's mother. That would have been good, and so Molly and Jordan could live on earth together.

Anyway, tell me what you think!

XiaolinPrincess

[13]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 21
    What disappoints me about the ending was that in the movie, the writers try to cram the rest of the Molly/Jordan in. The Molly/Jordan would have been better if they didn't cram it in starting episode 16.

Netbug009

[14]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 10

I disagree about Eva's mom coming back. I don't think it would have been right to give the character everything they want on a silver platter in a situation like this. Not just for Eva's sake, but for Don Wei's. Part of Don's issue was letting go of his past and learning to accept his daughter and love her despite his loss. Giving him both in the end would have been anti climatic and ruined his whole plotline.

swtt

[15]Apr 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    Why did it even end?

RaijinPaladinix

[16]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 52
    Because the Great Race of Oban was over. It's hard to have the "oban" part when everything at Oban has ended. But a sequel would be cool.

XiaolinPrincess

[17]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    Although a sequel is unlikely, the creator said that if he made a sequel, it would focus on Rick more (I'm a member of a site where people asked the creator questions and he actually responded).

GBglide

[18]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 1

I think that Eva wearing a mini skirt at the end was a sign that she was less angry and rebellious, having reconciled with her father. The "punk outfit" she wore at the old boarding school was actually a boys uniform with a t-shirt. If you watch the scene closely you can see she was the only girl wearing one.

As for the ending, Jordan loved Molly so much, that to save her life he would sentence himself to live 10,000 years without her. A truely romantic/tragic ending.