Occasional Wife

NBC (ended 1967)

mrdivot

Occasional Wife Fan Reviews (3)

6.3
  • A young executive in the 60's needs to find a way to enjoy the office benefits of being married while still reatining his bachelorhood. His solution is an Occasional Wife who lives two floors above him.

This is an excellent show that was way ahead of it\'s time. Patricia Harty and Michael Callan are exceptional in their roles as is the entire cast. Don\'t cross this one off without viewing all the episodes. Has a great theme, good writing and was very hep for it\'s time.
  • It was OK. Not good but just OK.

It was OK. Not good but just OK. At times, Occasional Wife really bores the hell out of me but there were many savoring moments that made me watch it til the very end. Recommended only if you have time to kill.The story of this show is ok, but no way to say "This is nice".
  • This show is the epitome of a "Guilty pleasure" for me.

I'm glad the "Guilty pleasure" classification exists, because that hits it on the head for me.

While the premise is TOTALLY contrived, it's a fun show and, I think, very hip for its time. It bridges the gap between really corny television and television that featured hip people. It also is a fascinating period piece. The fact that the show is so dated (e.g. "I like all my executives to be married executives") is part of its charm. It's a bit of a time capsule showing you how how upwardly mobile single people in the city perceived themselves in the late 1960s.

Bonus points for Stuart Margolin, Angel on The Rockford Files, being a recurring character.