October Road

As Soon as You Are Able

Aired Unknown Mar 10, 2008 on ABC

• Review

If this was just any normal episode I would have likely given it somewhere in between a 9.2 and a 9.4. Couple of things I liked and a couple of things that I didnt like. Didnt like Eddies major flip out - didn't seem very in character for him. I likely could have accepted it if he wasnt laughing at the guys playing the instaments only minutes later. I liked the 14 episode circle of Ikey and Owen hating each other come to an end. Aubrey kisses Nicks sister right after he decides to stay in town - not a fan of that storyline. The scene between Nick and Ray was one of the best. It does seem like the writing always seems to dictate Ray as the winner whenever someone gets in his face. He is never one-uped by anyone. Nick showed up for a reason and despite using the same "I'll bury you, kid" line that Ray used on him in the beginning of the season I still say Ray walked away in that moment with more then Nick got out of it. I was looking for a blockbuster ending, but didn't get one. Overall, solid episode but just didnt function well as the season finale. Felt like more of a preimere episode to tell you the truth, but I have my expectations low when it comes to this show anyway. It was good enough.