October Road Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

October Road is cancelled

whiteje

[21]May 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    Ditto. I agree with you 100%!!! ABC also canceled Women's Murder Club, so aside from Grey's, I don't think that I need to have ABC on for anything else. After all, what other quality shows do they think they have?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thatmonkey

[22]May 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Eli Stone is next. ABC has to cancel anything that gets praise from the critics, but then again this is the network that brought of Cavemen.

tenemy

[23]May 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'm really bummed about this too. October Road was pretty much the only regular drama left on television. All the shows on TV are either reality tv, comedy, or sci-fi/thriller/action type stuff like Lost, Prison Break, 24 etc. First Everwood ended, then The OC, then Gilmore Girls. One after one the 'small town dramas' have dropped like flies. One Tree Hill is the only one left, now. October Road broke the trend and brought that kind of show back. And it was such a great show. *sigh*

Will_of_the_D

[24]May 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    thatmonkey wrote:
    Eli Stone is next. ABC has to cancel anything that gets praise from the critics, but then again this is the network that brought of Cavemen.
    IDK, Eli Stone was good but to me it seemed like a cheap copy of Boston Legal. I am disappointed that OR is gone. It was a normal show. *sighs* I guess when I grow up, I'll have to bring the smalltown drama back. I already am working on one. It has all the elements of the smalltown drama but with all the excitement of the thriller shows they have today. And I think a few OR actors would work well in the cast too.
    Edited on 05/16/2008 4:01am

bigdayout07

[25]May 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    That really sucks.. though I knew it was going to happen.
    seriously the show didnt get a fair go I mean it didnt even get many episodes in season 1 and 2 did it.. the chances of it even surviving werent very good.
    networks dont care about quality its all about the $$$$$$.
    I just wish I knew who his father was lol!!! I thinnk it was nick.. even though she slept with eddy.. its nick I think!
    Its sad 2 see it go... Its true it seems like ppl cant even think of anything creative to write for shows, so they have reality shows-biggest waste of time ever... sadly I dont see them ending in the future.

othforeverlove

[26]May 16, 2008
    • level: 25
    wwalker3583 wrote:
    Mafeu wrote:
    ABC have cancelled October Road after two seasons.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

I really liked this show and can't believe they ended it like that.

Me too

DippyAngel

[27]May 17, 2008
    • level: 8
    Thats it. Im sticking to my DVDs. No more watching new shows to have them cancelled on me.

twinkie50

[28]May 19, 2008
    • level: 7

DippyAngel wrote:
    Thats it. Im sticking to my DVDs. No more watching new shows to have them cancelled on me.

You know, you're RIGHT!! I only started watching Primetime TV again in the last 3 years anyway! I gave in and watched my buddy's season 1 DVD of "The OC" and that was around the end of season 3! What happens? BAM - Cancelled!! Then I got into the Blockbuster Club and One Tree Hill (which is still around - Thank God!)!! Then it was Grey's Anatomy (My Favorite and also still around)!! But I've since become a fan of Arrested Development, Las Vegas, October Road, and Friday Night Lights (Which has teetered on the brink of cancellation since I started watching it!)

My point is that you're right, Dippy! A DVD GUARANTEES YOU at least a notice of cancellation!! It all goes back to my premise that television shows should go through a year and then be offered 2-year contracts!! There should be some sort of notice to the viewer-ship about when you're gonna get the plug pulled!!

Flyboy212EAW

[29]May 19, 2008
    • level: 6
    I f'n hate you ABC. HATE YOU. UGH. >_

DippyAngel

[30]May 20, 2008
    twinkie50 wrote:

DippyAngel wrote:

You know, you're RIGHT!! I only started watching Primetime TV again in the last 3 years anyway! I gave in and watched my buddy's season 1 DVD of "The OC" and that was around the end of season 3! What happens? BAM - Cancelled!! Then I got into the Blockbuster Club and One Tree Hill (which is still around - Thank God!)!! Then it was Grey's Anatomy (My Favorite and also still around)!! But I've since become a fan of Arrested Development, Las Vegas, October Road, and Friday Night Lights (Which has teetered on the brink of cancellation since I started watching it!)

My point is that you're right, Dippy! A DVD GUARANTEES YOU at least a notice of cancellation!! It all goes back to my premise that television shows should go through a year and then be offered 2-year contracts!! There should be some sort of notice to the viewer-ship about when you're gonna get the plug pulled!!

Good point on the contracts. Or if they insist on cancelling they at least rap it up properly and straight away, not whenever they feel like doing a tele movie.

I do one better on the DVDs, I buy a series from the 70s, 80s & 90s or ones that have already finished lol Sad I know, but least I know that they have finished them properly!

DippyAngel

[31]May 20, 2008
    Flyboy212EAW wrote:
    I f'n hate you ABC. HATE YOU. UGH. >_

Yep, think that sums it up good

biggestlostfan

[32]May 20, 2008
    • level: 11
    that stinks that its cancelled! i just found out yesterday, and i couldnt believe my eyes!!! i loved this show, i cant believe its cancelled.

the whole aspect of it was amazing, storyline, characters, friendships, etc

i hope they bring it back, im hoping they pull a jericho and bring it back after being cancelled

qirjanran

[33]May 22, 2008
    • level: 7
    augh, it sucks that it's cancelled! especially considering how things ended... i wanted nick and hannah together and eddie and janet and to find out who in the world sam's dad was! goshhhhhh! i hate it.

Will_of_the_D

[34]May 23, 2008
    qirjanran wrote:
    augh, it sucks that it's cancelled! especially considering how things ended... i wanted nick and hannah together and eddie and janet and to find out who in the world sam's dad was! goshhhhhh! i hate it.

They said there would still be resolution.

darendt69

[35]May 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    TV execs are idiots. I dont think thney would know quality if it was smeared in there face. SG1, October Road, Rome, Journey Man, Las Vegas, Big Shots all done. Yet crap like BB, American Idol, Nanny 911, Wife Swap are still on the air.

Will_of_the_D

[36]May 24, 2008
    darendt69 wrote:
    TV execs are idiots. I dont think thney would know quality if it was smeared in there face. SG1, October Road, Rome, Journey Man, Las Vegas, Big Shots all done. Yet crap like BB, American Idol, Nanny 911, Wife Swap are still on the air.

ITA, however, reality television is cheaper to produce, and AMerican Idol is for some strange reason unknown to me, POPULAR. And that's all the execs care about, money.

HRGirl

[37]May 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    Will_of_the_D wrote:
    pearlie77 wrote:
    Yeah, a summer show like The Mole. Crappy reality tv is taking over the networks. I don't mind some reality shows, but most of them are just total crap. Anyways, over on the ABC OR fan board, they are still trying to save the show in some capacity.

Reality television is getting old and dull. It's a cheap excuse to make more money for the networks and I pray it fails miserably. I want my drama back!

I couldn't agree more!

Will_of_the_D

[38]May 25, 2008
    HRGirl wrote:
    Will_of_the_D wrote:
    pearlie77 wrote:
    Yeah, a summer show like The Mole. Crappy reality tv is taking over the networks. I don't mind some reality shows, but most of them are just total crap. Anyways, over on the ABC OR fan board, they are still trying to save the show in some capacity.

Reality television is getting old and dull. It's a cheap excuse to make more money for the networks and I pray it fails miserably. I want my drama back!

I couldn't agree more!

It's sad to see the number of good shows disappearing. I remember when there was so much good stuff on, every night you had something to watch and I often had to record a show cause it conflicted with another good show. Now, it's like I have 2-3, 4 MAX, nights when there is something good on television. And it just keeps going down.

dell56d

[39]May 27, 2008
    • level: 1
    boycot ABC. I switched from CBS to get away from CSI, now CSI is looking pretty good compared to all the crap ABC has on now.

Will_of_the_D

[40]May 29, 2008
    dell56d wrote:
    boycot ABC. I switched from CBS to get away from CSI, now CSI is looking pretty good compared to all the crap ABC has on now.

ABC still has a lot of other shows too. OR would've been cancelled with it's ratings on most regular networks. It would only fit on cable or the CW with the ratings it got.