October Road Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Sam's Father???

scrabble123

[1]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 2

Hannah and Eddie have a secret. He threatened to reveal it to Nick, but couldn't do it. I am starting to think that Eddie is Sam's real father. What do you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dmarex

[2]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 103
    scrabble123 wrote:

Hannah and Eddie have a secret. He threatened to reveal it to Nick, but couldn't do it. I am starting to think that Eddie is Sam's real father. What do you guys think?

It's been discussed for awhile now... I think the same thing, but I'd hate it if Eddie would turn out to be Sam's father.

RosAzzo

[3]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 29
    I don't want Eddie to be Sam's father. So why did 'what's his name' act liked his father thAN? was is just an act?

gunner2010

[4]Jan 8, 2008

Eddie's not the dad, kids.

They're just trying to mess with our heads.

Silje151

[5]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    She must have hired that other guy to play Sams dad. I bet that the big secret between Eddie and Hannah is that she confided in him who the real father is (probably Nick), They were all a group of friends back when she got pregnant, so it is possible.

Jamus02

[6]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 16

This whole who's Sam's father is kind of ridiculous. I mean you can't really deny a kid his real father (Nick). I mean it's kind of illegal, isn't it? Why pay a guy, or tell him he's the father, just to fool Nick into thinking he's not the dad? A kid needs to know his dad. Assuming that Nick is the real father.

Adelette

[7]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 42

Its only illegal if youre breaking a custody order. And there is clearly none here. Hannah doesnt have to admit she knows who the father is... although a court order could force her to allow a paternity test to be done

heroesboy08

[8]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 6
    I think Owen could be Sam's daddy.

krisi1021

[9]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    Adelette wrote:

Its only illegal if youre breaking a custody order. And there is clearly none here. Hannah doesnt have to admit she knows who the father is... although a court order could force her to allow a paternity test to be done

Well she won't have much of a choice if she wants Big Cat to adopt Sam, which obviously he does. The father has to sign over all rights in order for Sam to be adopted. Unless of course he was dead or something, but seeing as he isn't, then the truth will have to come out. Word is, that Gavin would have to take a paternity test since the birth records don't state him as the father. He will take the test, then, IF he is the father he'll have to sign over rights. I think this will pose as a problem, seeing as I think Nick or Eddie is the father. Actually, I think Eddie and Hannah had a "night" together, but that's it, and I think Nick would actually prove to be Sam's dad. So, I can't see Nick signing his rights over, especially not for Ray to adopt him. Hmmm trouble!

alirk

[10]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    heroesboy08 wrote:
    I think Owen could be Sam's daddy.

Owen?!?! Are you nuts?

LilMilton

[11]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    After tonight's episode, I have to revise my theory. Hannah really got around after Nick left. She slept with Eddie and Gavin and really doesn't know who of the three guys is the father, and that's why she left the name of the father off Sam's birth certificate. She told Gavin he was the father because he was the least messy of the three. Wow, that was easy!

Sugar2U

[12]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 9

I agree that Hannah is not sure who sam's bio dad is.. My question is why did Sam think Nick could be his dad IF he thinks Gavin is his father? I mean that is weird. PLUS I do think Sam is Nick's. Nick's dad said he has your mother's eyes.( of course that could just be wishful thinking on the part of nick's dad)

AND does Janet know that Eddie could possibly be the father???

I hope this show gets picked up for another season. I have heard the critics hate it BUT come on it is great!

ps.. I think "donna" still looks better with blonde hair lol

LilMilton

[13]Jan 22, 2008

I think Hannah knew she was pregnant when she slept with Eddie. Gavin was just someone to cover her tracks with Eddie.

And I agree with Sugar about "Donna's" blonde hair. Laura is really getting to stretch her acting skills in this role. I love it!

Edited on 01/22/2008 12:12pm

aleks05

[14]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    Nick has to be the father. They just threw Eddie out there to confuse everyone for awhile. Nick and Hannah have to end up together and Sam has to be Nicks otherwise I don't think I would watch this show anymore.

HugzxNxKissesxo

[15]Jan 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    Sugar2U wrote:

AND does Janet know that Eddie could possibly be the father???

didnt Hannah tell Janet at the bar? and if it was Eddie Janet would be awkward around him or possibly mad

LCH62

[16]Jan 24, 2008
    LilMilton wrote:

I think Hannah knew she was pregnant when she slept with Eddie. Gavin was just someone to cover her tracks with Eddie.

THAT is an AWESOME idea. I bet that turns out to be true.

shenbrat

[17]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    LilMilton wrote:
    After tonight's episode, I have to revise my theory. Hannah really got around after Nick left. She slept with Eddie and Gavin and really doesn't know who of the three guys is the father, and that's why she left the name of the father off Sam's birth certificate. She told Gavin he was the father because he was the least messy of the three. Wow, that was easy!

The summer of '97 could have been the Hannah does Knight's Ridge Festival, but that really has nothing to do with Sam's paternity. If the kid was born around December (seeing he was only 2 months shy of 10 when Nick came back and it was early Fall when Nick came back) he was conceived before Nick left.

patel88

[18]Jan 31, 2008

I want sam's father to be Nick, but i dont think it is. The writers need a twist to keep the show going, and at the moment, this is it

Samb2037

[19]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think Hannah knows that it's either Eddie or Nick. I'm starting to think Gavin Goddard is just her friend, and a genuinely nice guy, who helped her out when she found out she was pregnant. She was probably scared out of her mind and embarrased that she had no idea which one was the father and he helped her out. That's why he only come around like 3 or 4 times a year and only talks to Sam on the phone every now and then. And why Sam's last name isn't Goddard it's Hannah's last name. I remember in one episode it was revealed that Eddie really stepped up when Hannah got pregnant and after Nick left so it's possible that he thinks he might be Sam's father. It really made it sound like he went above and beyond the call of friendship so I don't think he helped her out just because he was friends with Hannah and Nick. The guy probably honestly thinks Nick is the dad, but then there's that possiblity in his head that he can't get rid of. I wonder if Janet knows Eddie might the father...I'm thinking not being that she's sleeping with him. I think after a few more twists and turns we're really going to find out that Nick is actually Sam's dad. I mean how is Hannah going to get around the DNA test without revealing that Gavin isn't Sam's dad. Obviously Janet knows something though because when Hannah freaked after hearing about the DNA test she ran to Janet and finally said that Gavin isn't Sam's dad. Uh Oh looks like there's trouble brewing down on the O-Road.

Charlie183

[20]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 17

I truly agree.. Gavin was just nice, I guess... don't think he really thinks he is the father!

Samb2037 wrote:
    Obviously Janet knows something though because when Hannah freaked after hearing about the DNA test she ran to Janet and finally said that Gavin isn't Sam's dad.

I don't think Janet knew... she looked pretty shocked in that moment! And Hannah talked to her because Eddie wasn't there and Janet is her best friend. Do you think she told her that it could be Nick.. OR Eddie ?? ... well, i hope we'll see that next episode

Since last episode they definitly revealed that she didn't know 10 years ago (in the conversation between Hannah and her mom), because she slept with Eddie and Nick.. which is pretty weird for I don't see a way Sam could be conceived after Nick has left and still be born in 1997 (since he turned 10 in 2007). Didn't Nick leave for summer vacation?? Couldn't been in feburary or march then, could it?

I hope they finally reveal who his father is in the few remaining episodes... can't wait! cause If they still keep that plot for another season it will get way to drawn-out.