October Road Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

To My Fellow OR Fans - Something Funny I Saw

Fryerider

[1]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 5

Well, I don't know if any of you are coming back here to the OR forum any more, but if so you might get the same kick I did out of something I saw.

Some of you likely know that the producers of OR are Andre' Nemec, Josh Applebaum and Scott Rosenberg. Well after OR was cancelled they were doing some other things, but when David Kelley left the new show Life on Mars these three took that show over and are now running it. But I didn't know all of this, I just liked the concept that I saw of LOM so I decided to give it a shot when it premiered. And in the first episode they show a sign of some housing project, and of all things the sign says, "Welcome to Cataldo Houses". Now I'm no genius, but "Cataldo Houses" was too much of a coincidence. So I do some digging and bingo, same producers! So if any of you want to see what the OR brain trust are doing now you might want to give Life on Mars a try. I really enjoyed it.

Later,

Fryerider

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

oramp

[2]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yeah, I heard they were doing Life on Mars, and I don't know if you recognized it but Jonathan Murphy is playing det. Chris Skelton and he was Ronnie on October Road. There were some other references as well. Like Sam's girlfriend Maya's last name was Daniels. I love the creaters of October Road so I am supporting them by watching Life on Mars. They are really talented, even with that, October Road will always be my favorite show!

macphoen

[3]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 2

I've been watching "Life on Mars". It has been an enjoyable series.

Roadies, stop by this thread on the OR board. This is our "thank you" right back to the entire cast and crew by asking Stephen McPherson and Anne Sweeney in a unique way.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/octoberroad/index?pn=mb&cat=41338&tid=477429

Networks are now looking at modeling the NBC/DirecTV deal for "Friday Night Lights" with other "high-quality but low-rated series". "October Road" fits that bill.

Edited on 10/20/2008 8:40pm
    Edited 2 total times.