October Road

ABC (ended 2008)

krazy4crack

October Road Fan Reviews page 5 of 5

• I don't understand how a show about a writer, could have the worst writing ever!

5.9
    So, I started watching this with really high hopes. The premise was good, and it would be really easy to build on this show. But then, after a couple of minutes, I realized that the writing was something to be desired. Everything fell into place to perfectly. At first I thought it was the acting (although Laura Prepon is sorta horrible), but then everything became clear. Although some people might like it, just because it is simple, I personally feel like they need to roughen it up a bit.
  • Fantastic show! I will watch every time!

This show was FANTASTIC!! I watched it with my sister on Thursday and now it is our show that we will watch every time it is on now! Great show!! Will watch it until it is over which will suck! Great cast as well! I love how Bryan Greenberg is from Omaha, Nebraska! Hope it stays on for a long time! Television has not been to great lately and now I finally found a great show to watch! Hats off to the creaters, producers, cast and all involved in the show! Hope more people will get into it and watch every day!
  • Even after one episode... i love this show!

This show has soo much potential. If they keep up the surprises, the dialogue,and the story lines like they did in the pilot episode i could guarantee another couple seasons. Coming back to my hometown after not being here for 10 years would get really akward. i dont think i could be able to do that. Nick is brave! Another thing..finding out that i might have a possbile kid..i would go into heart attack mode! like i said nick is really brave for wanting to stay there. If i was him..i would try to break up Hannah and Cataldo. They aren't good for each other. Hannah and Nick should get back together cuz the beginning was soo cutee!
  • Autumn in New England type of show, good characters and will fit with any age group, also if concerned if it is appropriate for young viewers- it is.

7.8
    This appears, atleast from the pilot to be a very good show and each episode should be just as good if this is done right. Only complaint is where the blonde girl says "We threw out all of our REO Speedwagon albumns" and the first song was Boston's Don't look back. These folks are only 28, they would have to be 45 now to have really been into that kind of music. Music does not make sense for the age of the characters. If I hear any Allman Brothers songs, that is just really going to annoy me enough to not watch. Again, the age of the characters and music do not fit.
  • A man returns to his hometown 10 years after leaving it 'to pursue a better life'.He revisits & decides to stay, but after writing a book depicting them in a bad light, they all have a lot of issues they need to resolve before any of them can move on.

A great show with a lot of room for the characters to grow. I felt right at home watching the pilot which didn't feel unrealistic at all. Though it might not be action-packed with drama and differentr characters almost every episode (hopefully), it's a sophisticated look at small-town life, the ups and downs, and the people that are ther for it all.
    I greatly enjoyed this show
  • A mediocre show whose poor characters and cliché writing never allow it to achieve the promise of it’s brilliant soundtrack.

4.6
    The best thing about this show is the music. Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find anything else to like. The small town of Knights Ridge is as pretty as a postcard and the matte and/or CG used to achieve that effect is painfully apparent. But as bad as the special effects are, the plot is even worse. I was stunned by the excellent song choices and truly wanted to like this show but as much as I tried... I failed. Given the initial plot premise even a ten-year-old could’ve written a better show. The very first time we see that Mom of the "wise beyond his years" kid is Nick's old flame we can see the end of the episode and by hitting the viewer over the head several times with "Garrett men are all allergic to nuts" even the mechanism of the big reveal comes as no surprise.

All-in-all the show was predictable and boring. My suggestion to improve the show would be to throw out everything but the soundtrack and start over again from scratch. Oh... and hire better writers.
  • Boy goes back to small town after leaving it behind 10 years prior.

Well I just watched the first episode and I really enjoyed it. I cant wait to see what exactly he wrote in his book to make all his loved ones hate him. Although, come on the kid is obviously his, I wonder how long they are going to drag that story line out for. I liked the cast I thought they played well off of each other. And plus the guy that plays Nick is very very good looking I never really seen him before but I will be watching the show from now on cause I want to see how it develops.
  • Good show. Will watch again.

I really liked the pilot. I think Bryan Greenberg is a good choice because he is able to project his emotions onscreen very effectively. He is also really gorgeous! I will add this to my regularly watched tv shows!

Laura Prepon is well-suited for her role. At first, I didn't recognize her as she is playing such a different character than in That 70's Show. She is a mature young woman in this show.

It will be interesting to see how the layers unfold and what will happen this season, especially in terms of Sam's biological father and how Nick and Hannah's relationship evolves.
  • New series that was wrongfully given bad reviews (in my opinion)

We meet a guy named Nick who grew up in small town. He leaves his family, friends, and his girlfriend Hannah and writes a best seller. When he comes back, 10 years later, he's met with mixed emotions from those he left behind and from within. Some things have changed, some haven't. He run's into Hannah who introduces him to her ten year old son, Sam. Nick wonders if the child is his, but Hannah tells him that he's not the father. Nick came back to teach a one day college course, but after spending a few days in his home town he decides to stay. This series looks promising. I love the cast and I'm looking forward to seeing how this show plays out.
  • Wasn't this a movie in the 90's?

Fantastic show. But seriously, could it be any more of a direct copy of the movie Beautiful Girls? Of course a few tweaks here and there: protagonist is a writer not a pianist, back for a lecture not a reunion, the blond is an old girlfriend not a beautiful stranger, but come on! Fortunately I loved the movie so I'll watch the show and see how it goes. So far the soundtrack is impressive, the cinematography is whimsical, and the actors on board have proven themselves previously on some fabulous shows. The last scene of the pilot left a little to be desired, it was a bit trite in my opinion. But I think this one shows some promise!
  • Nick Garrett, when returning home after being away for ten years, questions himself. Once back home on OR he quickly discovers that the circle of friends whose teenaged lives he wrote about have since settled into blue collar careers and started families.

This episode was great. Way better than I thought it would be. The plot of the show make sense, it was not boring at all. I especially liked the way the story started in the past tense and I enjoyed the use of flashbacks. I definitely can't wait until next weeks episode. The audience is definitely left wanting more. You really want to know what happens next, with the boy, and if he does reconcile with his former friends. Also the actors chosen for the show are great. I especially like Bryan Greenberg, I really like his acting and he really brings the character to life. Also seeing the many "stars" that have appeared on many other show is great.
  • Going home can be rough. And this show definatly shows how that is the truth.

I thought that this was a good show. There is hardly ever anything on TV these days and to find a show that is a good sit down and enjoy show is unusual! I think that this is definatly a show that needs to keep going. Maybe make some parts more action packed to get the viewers who are into that sort of thing, but other than that I think it was a nice show that you can watch with a family or friends and not feel like you are watching crap! Keep it up I think that it can make a great program!
  • Man goes away, suppose to come back, stays away, comes back home, hell breaks loose. you have got to love it!

The show was amazing, I can't wait to watch it again online or for next week's episode.

The relationship between Bryan and the other characters is great. The cast director did a great job casting people for this show.

The plot is intriguing and different from other television shows. It kind of runs like a movie, I didn't want it to end. I hope that the relationship between Nick and Sam continues, and that Hannah tells Nick the truth, as well as Sam.

This show is going to be so good!

I hope it stays around a while, because I want to see what happens next.
  • After watching the pilot episode, I would say it has the potential to be a hit. I loved it.

October Road uses great music, I really noticed the music throughout the episode. Maybe it's just my taste in music, but I thought they did a wonderful job. Also, the show was spectacular, although the dialogue could get a little bit better. The characters all seem really interesting and I liked how the show started off 10 years before to give us insight into what is going on in the present day. Overall, I would say that October Road is off to a pretty good start.
  • This show looks great!

This show absolutely looks great, usually I don't like to watch any of these kind of shows but this one looks really good I just cant wait to watch the first episode, which premiers tonight anyhow! I am going to just love this show because it has all the qualities of a great show and it seems just so interesting with all the different character plots and just everything, it looks amazing! Even with the show looking great the characters are just awesome, there are many top actors and actresses who will steal not only the show but your hearts as well, this looks like a great show and again I can not wait to watch it!
1 2 3 4 5 >