October Road

ABC (ended 2008)

krazy4crack

October Road Fan Reviews (135)

• Best show

I loved this show. Was so sad when it was no longer on. I just recently found it on HULU and re-watching it. Why do good shows like this get pulled?

• October Road.

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!We have enough hospital/doctor shows and dancing/singing shows, and game shows. This show was about things that can happen to anyone these days. It was about a kid who makes mistakes and tries to fix them. I can't believe the networks don't keep shows that good ratings but keep the ones that don't. I think if you bring it back and have it on a good night/time people would watch it. We need more shows like this one instead of dancing,singing,medical,and games. Why would keep the Bachlor on after what happend on the last one. Please bring it back. I thought it was just off the air for the writers strike.
  • Realistic show that definitley deserves another chance on the air. two thumbs way up!

I came across October Road completely by accident, & was instantly addicted. I loved the everyday life experiences that were represented in the show. It had a true boy/girl next door feel.. not too hollywood. You would have to appreciate the realisim in this show.. the friends that can break your heart.. love triangles... children... affairs & break-ups... the idea that everything the characters are going through in the show can very well happen to you makes it that much more appealing. definitley a favorite for me.
    I blame the cancellation on bad air timing... BRING IT BACK!!!! we miss it ;)
  • Please bring it back - an awesome show that is the only thing worth watching!!!!

October Road was/ could be a great show that could generate a huge following. The time slot was a little late and the show did not receive a lot of advertising. The plot, characters and story were what us 30 somethings need. There are enough hospital and detective shows - an escape, drama, comedy, touch your heart show is what we need!!!!! The story line could easily be related to and each episode left you waiting for the next. This show is my all time favorite. We started out with 90210, Melrose Place, One Tree Hill, but we've outgrown 90210 and One Tree Hill - something more mature is a must!
  • October Road was a great show, and I am still upset that it hasn't been brought back yet.

I would love to know if there is any chance of October Road being brought back. I really miss this show alot. It was original and full of excitement and lots of romance. It also had the drawn on anticipation of wondering who Sams father really was and if Hannah and Nick would ever get together. Not to mention the other lively, fun couples on the show. I can't help but wonder why shows with ratings like 8.5 are taken off the air. Why??? I would love for this one to be reconsidered and brought back on any night. I'll be there watching.
  • Keep October Road alive!

This show is the best show on tv, please bring back "October Road" even if it's on another network. I'd follow this show on any channel, even if I had to pay for it. There's so many great storylines going on and I couldn't wait to see where they were going with all of them. I know that us fans get a 15 min. finale but that just not enough...I love this show! I think cancelling this show is a huge mistake for ABC to do this, it seems to me that there are a lot of fans out there that would appreciate seeing another season!
  • This show had everything that a good drama needs. Multiple relationships, suspense, and kept you hanging from week to week. The characters were interesting and were the type regular folk could relate to; in short it reflected real life situations.

I don't know why networks keep starting drama series and then when people get hooked on them they pull the plug for no good reason. This isn't the first good show that has been abruptly pulled recently.

I was especially enjoying the development of the realtionship between Nick and his son which I felt was headed for some interesting revelations.

There is so much potential for this show. Many interpersonal realtionships to be developed. This show could have the life span of 7th Heaven.

I think someone should reconsider their decision to cancel this show. It was left with no conclusion and an expectation that it would return.

Bring it back!!! Please !!
  • Such a good TV Show. Aubry and Nick are awesome.

This show was amazing! But to have it cut off with so many unanaswered questions just kills me! I NEED TO KNOW! Someone needs to pick it up and start it up again.
    With all those questions of whether Nick and Aubry stay together after Nick's brother, Ronnie, kisses Aubry in the season finale of Season 2.
    Or how is everything going to turn out as Ikey is let back into the group.
    Does the Beer girl ever turn to guys and come back for Owen.
    Does Big Cat ruin the window shops life. Just so many questions were left unanswered and it is something that needs to be answered.
  • Bring it back!

October Road was my number one favorite, it beat out Grey's Anatomy for me at least. I really enjoyed the story line and I was very interested in finding out who Sam's father was. I thought the town of Knights Ridge was a great setting and the story was very easy to follow but not predictable. I am very upset that ABC canceled this series, it was a bad decision. I was looking forward to October Roads return all summer until I googled it to see when it's season premiere was and found out that I will never get to know the ending of the story. I really wish another network would pick this one up. I wouldn't miss an episode.
  • This show is about a guy who returns home after 10 years to make amends with the friends and family he left behind, and wrote a book about, which doesn't make them look very good.

I absolutely love this show! October Road is the best out there, of course this is my personal opinion. I have never been so in love with a show. October Road depicts the lives of these characters in such a real way. The drama that goes on in their lives is not over the top but realistic, and slower paced. I love that the characters themselves are very real and down to earth people that are easy to relate too. The actors who portray the characters are absolutely amazing, I love Bryan Greenberg in the role of Nick, he is so talented. The writers are brilliant and bring across witty, intelligent writing, mixed with drama and humour perfectly. The music is amazing and has introduced me to so many new artists, like Ryan Adams, Ian Ball, and Borne. My ipod playlist has expanded by ten-fold. I really hope we get a season 3 of October Road, I don't know what I will do without it!
  • My Favorite Show Ever!

October Road is by far my favorite TV show ever. I have watched this show since the very first day, and I cannot stop thinking about it. This show is one that you just cannot wait until the next episode to see what happens. It actually gives me goosbumps at times, its sooo good. I have never seen a show that has captured me up like October Road has done to me. I own season 1 on DVD and cannot wait for season 2 to come out on DVD. October Road has the biggest fan base I have ever seen for one tv show. There are posts and blogs all over the internet of loyal fans for the saving of October Road. We all want to see a 3rd season of October Road AT LEAST! ABC must take a look at all of the effort us faithfull supporters have put into saving this show. It is plain to see that this show will without a doubt have enough support for at least another season. Long Live October Road. Sincerely~ a faithfull ROADIE!
  • Hopefully a show that grows in popularity.

I just watched the pilot and I think this show has great potential. I was surprised how quickly I started to relate to certain characters, feel for them, laugh with them. It happened really quickly, which can only be a good thing. I Really hope it continues to grow and doesn't get the axe. It makes you want to jump through the screen and become a part of Knight's Ridge. A great cast with great chemistry. It's been reviewed badly my several critics but we'll see after a few episodes whether or not people are liking it, but I know I do. I look forward to next weeks episode.
  • October Road is such an awesome show...The season finale was so intense and it left you wanting more!!! We need Season 3 to get our answers...We can't be left hanging like this...

All of the characters rocked this episode...They are all so personable and just make you feel like you live in Knights Ridge too...You can't help but get hooked on this show...It's great television at it's best!!! There are so many cliff hangers in this episode that it left you on the edge of your seat wanting more...Will Janet and Eddie get back together? Is Rory staying in town? What did the kiss between Ronnie and Aubrey mean now? The air band is back together again!!! We love that...And the all important questions everyone wants to know is...Who is Sam's father??? Love this show...Bring it back soon!!!
  • While shows like "Lost", "Prison Break" or "Jericho" obviously appeal to some, October Road is appreciated by those of us who don't care for science fiction, violence or ongoing disaster! I truly hope to see this one back in the Fall.

Like a favorite novel, I was drawn to the town, the characters and storyline. Watching it unfold, sometimes not necessarily agreeing with where the story headed, I wound up eagerly waiting for the next episode. The characters are so believable, I found myself comparing many of them to people I have known, hoping the good folks get their sweet reward and the not-so-good ones get what's coming! The setting resembles so many little towns I've passed through, while imagining what life is like in these places. October Road has given me a glimpse...and like the book I hold so dear, I never want it to end.
  • This episode was very deep. It made you realize that tomorrow may never come and that we may have missed the opportunity to let people know just how special they are to us.

"Stand Alone By Me" is a great show. It certainly makes you think (and most of us do not want to think about when that good friend is no longer with us). I like the direction the show is taking, and that now the guys are looking deep inside themselves and what can be taken away in a heart beat. Friendships are very important! I like the flashbacks so that we knew the bond and just how long deep it was.

This is one of the best shows on TV and I sure hope it is renewed.

Question:

Can anyone tell me the name and artist of the song what was played at the funeral?
  • This is the best new show on telivision!!

This is the best show since Greys Anatomy! The characters and writing are great. Each character has its own depth and believability. The hometown feel and lingo add to it's lovabilty and the "air band" jam sessions are so hilarious...it brings me back to my own adolesence! This is the first show that I go to on my TIVO list and I actually save to watch during the off season! Kudos for the Janet/Eddie pairing. Romance doesn't always come in a size 2! I would like to see the writers delve more into the Physical Phil storyline and get him out of the house ...He's an interesting character and Pizza girl can't wait forever! Curious to see how the Hannah/Nick/Big Cat love triangle (and paternity test) will go... but this show definitely makes the wait worth it!
  • OCTOBER ROAD is one of the best dramas ever made on television. It's way better than GREY'S ANATOMY. It's way funnier than DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. And it's way perfect than UGLY BETTY.

Bryan Greenberg stars as Nick Garrett, a successful writer returning to his hometown of Knights Ridge, Massachusetts, after being away for 10 years. When Nick finally returned home, he must face his own past and the people he left behind, including his former love, Hannah (played by Laura Prepon). Unbeknownst to Nick, Hannah had a 10-year-old son named Sam and the identity of Sam's father will likely to be a secret until the truth comes out. I am glad to see Laura Prepon back on television since her days as Donna on THAT '70s SHOW and I hope that OCTOBER ROAD will be a huge hit for ABC.
  • Great show way worth watching.

This show is just fantastic. The story is excellent. It's so different from anything else on tv right now. It's beautifully written and beautifully acted that it stands apart from the rest. Bryan Greenberg is a fantastic actor and Laura Prepon is outstanding. They both bring their best and you can see it the second you turn it on. I really cant wait till the second season starts up because they left it at a moment where i just want to know what's going to happen with Owen. There are so many lovable characters in october road that you'll fall in the love the first time you watch it.
  • BEST SHOW EVER

I watched the first episode without expectations and knowing very minor details about it, and to my surprise, I got hooked. The little surprises were very interesting, and the fact that he went back after writing a book bashing everyone he left behind--and after a decade no less, was very gutsy. The amount of drama per episode is just right, and the cliffhangers really make you ask for more. Just when you think the problems are solved, there's always an unexpected turn of events. I just absolutely love it. I can't wait for the next season, it's been too long! I don't really know that many people who watch it, but I really do hope it lasts. If there's one show that deserves to stay on the air, this is it.
  • i watched this show by chance and loved it please keep it on the air

this is a great show i watched it around the same time as men in trees and liked them both when they stoped i have been watching the tv and the computer when i get a chance when men in trees came back on i was happy to see it made it so then today i was on the computer and seen that october road will be on in november i thought that was great i hope both shows sty as good as they are for a long time the cast on them is great it is like watching a show like mash all over again as far as casting goes
  • I have to admit, I came upon this show purely by chance but I ended up hooked!! Starring a few good actors/actresses that I have seen in other shows that I have liked I decided to give it a try. I've never regretted it!

This is a show about a man who returns to his home town after leaving without a proper goodbye. He was meant to be going away for a short while but decided to stay away for 10 long years until he is forced back home to give a lecture about his new book (which he based on his old friends that still inhabit the town). This has some consequences!!

Starring a few familiar faces and a few fresh ones this show has a great mix of new and old talent that seem to mesh well together. You can actually feel the old (but not forgotten) tension that comes with high school reunions, which is what the storyline resembles. With the added pressure on the date/spouse that you happen to bring along!

I's say this show has a lot of potential to run for a decent number of seasons but unfortunately the studio don't seem to have much faith in it (ie. giving it only 6 eps for season 1 and leaving a HUGE gap before airing season 2). Lets just hope that the fan base is big enough to keep it going for a little longer. I personally will be tuning in!
  • GET THIS SHOW BACK ON THE AIR WE ARE GOING NUTS MISSING IT!!!!!

I love the show it hits so close to home on alot of issues I believe for alot of people. It's about time to see television that is real and has feeling to it i feel your show offers this to many viewers i know it does for me!i am 24 years old and i have an 11 yr old daughter who also watches the show with me. she can relate. Dont let this one get away. Ill keep watching hoping it comes on sooner that january 2008 keep me updated please oh and let it be sam be nicks please!!!!!
  • Really Superb. one of the best mid-season show to ever be picked up on ABC (...to my knowledge.)

This show is like I said... Superb. GREAT acting from the actors... especially Bryan Greenberg. The storyline is pretty good as well as how the characters are portrayed and the parts that they played. In the beginning DURING the trailers I was already hooked. After watching the Pilot, I was sketchy at first but by the end and the beginning of the second episode.. I guess in a way you can say that I was hooked. The plot has potential. The way it was shot was awesome. GREAT development of relationships build throughout the show. Most of the plots portrayed can be witnessed in everyday life; which makes it so more the better.
  • LOVE IT!

I love this show. I just don't get how San isn't Nick's. He's gotta be!!!! Anyway I can't wait to watch the new season! My mother & I fell in love with this show. Looking forward to next season! It's definetly a winner. I want to see what happens with everything & everyone. And I can NOT stand that jerk, Ray. He's horrible! But of course every show has to have a guy we don't like! That's what is so fun about everything. I read that ABC is bringing the show back in the Fall. Is that true?! I hope so!
  • a great show with the perfect cast!

October Road is an awsome show with the best cast, it gets better and better with every minitue that passes by the actors/actresses just pull you right into the show you feel like you live in the little close knit commiunity with them you care about what happens to them they end up seeming like family . Everyone at least in part wants that small town life where everyone knows eachother,and this show makes you feel like you do if only for an hour each week,it keeps you sitting on the edge of your seat trying to put words not spoken into the charaters mouths Iwas truly dissapointed when I thought the show was canceled especially when it was just getting so great!!! I am very happy it's returning and I can't wait to watch it!!
  • A very good drama with an amazing cast

i love this show...when i saw that brian and laura were on it i just had to watch it...their both amazing actors. The show is very good and i love the story line. I really hope sam is nicks son...it would be just sad if he wasnt. Im glad the ratings for this show is good....But it sucks its coming back midseason
  • Bring it Back! lt's great abc brought us "October Road". The actors have a great chemistry and sensitivity to one another. It gives those of us who have to live in the hecticness of the real world a chance to escape! A second season a MUST!

Am sick of all the reality shows on television. I've been glued to "OCTOBER ROAD" from the onset! I want the storyline to continue at least a second season. Loved the closeness of the cast and the warmth of the storyline. It's like a great book you never want to end. I even find time in my busy schedule to watch it a second time on abc.com and that just doesn't happen for me. We need more shows like this on television to remind us of family and true friendships! Television watching won't be the same without this series! Keep it coming! ! !
  • I love this show! I love every character, its a classic story line but, the characters are original.I've always enjoyed Laura Prepon, and I really enjoy the rest of the cast!

Great music, characters, and storyline! The shut in guy cracks me up, and everyone wants to root for him! My fav character is the guy who plays Eddie, though! Abc please make this show a keeper, I'm only upset that the season was so short! I enjoy very few shows on ABC anymore - I only watch Lost and the Bachelor, but now October Road has me hooked! Definately a great show for the late 20's and 30's crowd! High school in the far distance but, true friendships standing the tests and trials of life. How do you deal with all the crap in your life, exactly like the characters on this show. Love IT!!!!
  • Great new show!!

Finally a great new show on televison. I like the new characters in this show. Granted only two episodes have aired but I this is going to be a good show. I like the chimistry between Nick and Hannah. The actor who plays Hannah's son portrays some similar characteristics as Nick to help convence the audience that he is really Nick's son even though Hannah continues to deny it. I don't like the guy who's playing Hannah's boyfriend, but I think that was the writers intentions, for us to not like him. I hope Nick and Hannah get together. I really like Laura Prepton's character and how she is able to come from a role where she plays a teenager to now playing an adult. She is doing a great job of her character.
  • This show is awsome!!!!!!!! My friends and family all have fell inlove with all of the people on this show...

October Road has become my most favorite show in a very long time. My husband and I set aside Thursday nights for us due to the show.... My family and friends also have fell inlove with this awsome show.....It hits home in so many ways, I find it hitting my heart in so many ways.....I cry, laugh, even get mad and bite my pillow while watching....I have not missed one night of October Road...And for me to call it the best show on television is something, since I am a stay at home mom of twin boys and have the tv on all day long......Please keep this show going......Please please please.......We love it here in Arkansas!!!!!!!

Sincerly, Niki Hatfield