October Road

ABC (ended 2008)

krazy4crack

October Road Fan Reviews (135)

• Realistic show that definitley deserves another chance on the air. two thumbs way up!

I came across October Road completely by accident, & was instantly addicted. I loved the everyday life experiences that were represented in the show. It had a true boy/girl next door feel.. not too hollywood. You would have to appreciate the realisim in this show.. the friends that can break your heart.. love triangles... children... affairs & break-ups... the idea that everything the characters are going through in the show can very well happen to you makes it that much more appealing. definitley a favorite for me.
    I blame the cancellation on bad air timing... BRING IT BACK!!!! we miss it ;)
  • Bring it back!

October Road was my number one favorite, it beat out Grey's Anatomy for me at least. I really enjoyed the story line and I was very interested in finding out who Sam's father was. I thought the town of Knights Ridge was a great setting and the story was very easy to follow but not predictable. I am very upset that ABC canceled this series, it was a bad decision. I was looking forward to October Roads return all summer until I googled it to see when it's season premiere was and found out that I will never get to know the ending of the story. I really wish another network would pick this one up. I wouldn't miss an episode.
  • I can't believe that the series is over. There are so many unanswered questions. For one who is Sam's Dad Nick or Eddie? Will Janet and Eddie make it past the Roost episode? Ikey has just been allowed back in the group, it is all past them now. Owen?

I can't believe that the series is over. There are so many unanswered questions. For one who is Sam's Dad Nick or Eddie? Will Janet and Eddie make it past the Roost episode? Ikey has just been allowed back in the group, it is all past them now.How is Owen and his? Are they back together or has too much happened to them? About the Commander does he make it through cancer? Hanna Jane needs to dump Cat and go back to Nick. Does Ronnie and Aubrey start dating? You need to bring back October Road, you didn't give it a good chance.
  • Great Show!!

This is just one of the many shows i told my sister was dumb. Then i got addicted to it big surprise right. I started watching it a couple of days ago. sadly i also finished it a couple of days ago. I loved the entire show, every single episode of it. I laughed, I cried, and I wouldn't shut up about it to my family and my friends( All 2 of them). The last episode had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Then I became deeply depressed when I realized that their wasn't going to be another episode. I know thats kind of silly because i told my sister that i couldn't wait for the series finale but when i realized it was over.......**weeps**......
  • October Road.

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!We have enough hospital/doctor shows and dancing/singing shows, and game shows. This show was about things that can happen to anyone these days. It was about a kid who makes mistakes and tries to fix them. I can't believe the networks don't keep shows that good ratings but keep the ones that don't. I think if you bring it back and have it on a good night/time people would watch it. We need more shows like this one instead of dancing,singing,medical,and games. Why would keep the Bachlor on after what happend on the last one. Please bring it back. I thought it was just off the air for the writers strike.
  • Please bring it back - an awesome show that is the only thing worth watching!!!!

October Road was/ could be a great show that could generate a huge following. The time slot was a little late and the show did not receive a lot of advertising. The plot, characters and story were what us 30 somethings need. There are enough hospital and detective shows - an escape, drama, comedy, touch your heart show is what we need!!!!! The story line could easily be related to and each episode left you waiting for the next. This show is my all time favorite. We started out with 90210, Melrose Place, One Tree Hill, but we've outgrown 90210 and One Tree Hill - something more mature is a must!
  • Such a good TV Show. Aubry and Nick are awesome.

This show was amazing! But to have it cut off with so many unanaswered questions just kills me! I NEED TO KNOW! Someone needs to pick it up and start it up again.
    With all those questions of whether Nick and Aubry stay together after Nick's brother, Ronnie, kisses Aubry in the season finale of Season 2.
    Or how is everything going to turn out as Ikey is let back into the group.
    Does the Beer girl ever turn to guys and come back for Owen.
    Does Big Cat ruin the window shops life. Just so many questions were left unanswered and it is something that needs to be answered.
  • This is one of the best new shows that have come in a while, right up the with the black donnellys as my favorite new show

This is one of the best new shows that have come in a while, right up the with the black donnellys as my favorite new show of the year, it is fast paced with lots of things too keep you interested in it. It is a drama that should be one of those that last and are watched for a long time, its kind of like the oc but with some very different characters and lotline that done become boring or insignificant. Overall i have thouroughly enjoyed the first four episodes that have been aired and wish for many more to come.
  • I'm caught!

If the episodes which are to follow are as interesting as the pilot then I'm hooked! And to think I almost switched the t.v. after Grey's (1 of my faves). Anyways I'm glad I didn't because I really really liked it I hope the writers keep it interesting - as long as they do I'll be watching and you should too!

October Road - Two thumbs way way UP!, 5 stars the whole Shebang! A Must Must see 4 Thursday night TV.
  • A well written, well acted show with engaging characters and story lines that was geared towards an audience that appreciated style and substance.

The characters were charming. You get the feeling you would like them and want them as friends. The locale was picture perfect small town America where maybe they weren't as provincial as Boston or New York City but in most way they were more real. It was a town I'd like to live with people I'd like to meet. What more can you say? Smart, witty television is as hard to find these days as $1.50 gallon gas so when you find it you would like to keep it. It's a shame the networks don't care about good television. For whatever reason they couldn't see "October Road" enough which tells me all I need to know on Television networks and the American viewing public. They would rather watch some cheesy "reality" show. They deserve what they get.
  • A Fantastic Show...

It's really Sad to see this show coming to an end.. There were a lot of loose ends in this show which a lot of fans wanted an answer to and are not going to get it.

I would highly recommend this show to everyone as it is a very sweet story and realistic.

The Characters in the Show were Great as they all had a story behind them and were all connected.

We have seen some mistakes being done and we have learned how hard it is to forgive but at the end forgiveness is the only hope.

A Very good Show and it is a shame that it has come to an end as it had a lot of potential.
  • October Road was a great show, and I am still upset that it hasn't been brought back yet.

I would love to know if there is any chance of October Road being brought back. I really miss this show alot. It was original and full of excitement and lots of romance. It also had the drawn on anticipation of wondering who Sams father really was and if Hannah and Nick would ever get together. Not to mention the other lively, fun couples on the show. I can't help but wonder why shows with ratings like 8.5 are taken off the air. Why??? I would love for this one to be reconsidered and brought back on any night. I'll be there watching.
  • This is the best show ever. I can't believe you already making the season finale. I want to know what else happens. This is a great show hurry up and make Hannah and Nick get together already. Please don't take this show off the air.

The story line is great. I love that Nick and Hannah are starting to love each other again. You have to tell us wether or not Sam is Nick's son already. I think this show is great. Physical Phil and the pizza girl have to make up though. They can not brake up just because of that one fight they were good together. Eddie and Janice do need together also. Ray need to go away I don't really like his charcter that much. It was a good spin to put Nick's Dad with Nick's boss that was a good spin on things also. I can't believe you are already making it the season finale I am not ready for it to go away yet. Please do not take this show off the air I would probably cry. This is my favorite show of all time right now.
  • This is the best new show on telivision!!

This is the best show since Greys Anatomy! The characters and writing are great. Each character has its own depth and believability. The hometown feel and lingo add to it's lovabilty and the "air band" jam sessions are so hilarious...it brings me back to my own adolesence! This is the first show that I go to on my TIVO list and I actually save to watch during the off season! Kudos for the Janet/Eddie pairing. Romance doesn't always come in a size 2! I would like to see the writers delve more into the Physical Phil storyline and get him out of the house ...He's an interesting character and Pizza girl can't wait forever! Curious to see how the Hannah/Nick/Big Cat love triangle (and paternity test) will go... but this show definitely makes the wait worth it!
  • BEST SHOW EVER

I watched the first episode without expectations and knowing very minor details about it, and to my surprise, I got hooked. The little surprises were very interesting, and the fact that he went back after writing a book bashing everyone he left behind--and after a decade no less, was very gutsy. The amount of drama per episode is just right, and the cliffhangers really make you ask for more. Just when you think the problems are solved, there's always an unexpected turn of events. I just absolutely love it. I can't wait for the next season, it's been too long! I don't really know that many people who watch it, but I really do hope it lasts. If there's one show that deserves to stay on the air, this is it.
  • GET THIS SHOW BACK ON THE AIR WE ARE GOING NUTS MISSING IT!!!!!

I love the show it hits so close to home on alot of issues I believe for alot of people. It's about time to see television that is real and has feeling to it i feel your show offers this to many viewers i know it does for me!i am 24 years old and i have an 11 yr old daughter who also watches the show with me. she can relate. Dont let this one get away. Ill keep watching hoping it comes on sooner that january 2008 keep me updated please oh and let it be sam be nicks please!!!!!
  • This show is awsome!!!!!!!! My friends and family all have fell inlove with all of the people on this show...

October Road has become my most favorite show in a very long time. My husband and I set aside Thursday nights for us due to the show.... My family and friends also have fell inlove with this awsome show.....It hits home in so many ways, I find it hitting my heart in so many ways.....I cry, laugh, even get mad and bite my pillow while watching....I have not missed one night of October Road...And for me to call it the best show on television is something, since I am a stay at home mom of twin boys and have the tv on all day long......Please keep this show going......Please please please.......We love it here in Arkansas!!!!!!!

Sincerly, Niki Hatfield
  • October Road is great! I hope you bring it back. I was hooked from the very first show.

October Road is a breath of fresh air. It's different from all of the other shows. Too many shows have been copying from other ones and are all too similar. When I watched the first episode, I couldn't wait for it to come back on teh next week. I love the characters, not only are they interesting but, they aren't bad to look at either. I think Hannah and Nick have great chemistry and I can't wait to see what the future holds for them, as well as the other characters. It would be nice to see the chubby girl end up with the cute guy for once. She is a beautiful girl and I'm glad he can see through the weight. Please bring the show back. I will be very said if you don't.
    Thanks,
    Mary Jane
  • This the BEST show EVER!!!!!

This is an amazing show. It is the best show I have seen in a long time. ANd I llike my TV so that it saying something. I have friends and family that watch it too. We sit around when it's on and text message each other when stuff happens that we like or don't like. Like I text my freind when Gavin Goddard and said in so many words that I did not like him .

It's a great show
  • Please don't cancel this show. I love it and 4 of my friends at work all watch it. Is it coming on again? If yes, when? Please

Love the plot. Great story and want more. please don't cancel. There were alot of things left unsaid and I really believe with a little advertising you could go real far with this story. My friends and I all discuss episodes at work and are bummed that there was so few episodes. Try putting it on a wednesday night. Thursday you are up against some real good CBS shows. They own Thursday nights. I have a DVR and record October Road and watch every Friday morning and I am hooked. Please rethink pulling the show. It is really really good. I know it could be a big hit.
  • I think that "October Road" is the next "Greys Anatomy". I love watching and ,I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I wish that there had been more shows this season. I really can't wait to see what the nexr season has in store.

I think That "October Road" is a trendsetter. It's just a great small town love story. The two high school sweethearts Hanna and Nick finally see eachother after ten years. Perfect, they see eachother and sparks start to fly right out of my T.V.. I could feel the chemistry between them and all the emotions they had rushing back all in that instant. I'm so crazy in love with this show and all the potential it has. All the directions, situations, and problems that could arise to make this such a great story line. I'm a little okay a lot upset that there wasn't more episodes than there was. I am looking so forward to seeing what happens this next fall. So I really hope that the show does come back stronger than ever. I'm a little nervous about this though since I did't see any previews for next season. So please, please bring it back.
  • OH NO - the season's over - What will I do?

I love this show sooooo very much. Hannah and Nick and their entire group of friends make me smile every episode. Even though there have been some sad moments, the chemistry between Nick and Hannah, Pizza Girl and the Shut-In dude, as well as Eddie and the gal in the bar. I loved the episode with the old man in the hospital. What a sweet thing that was that he couldn't leave - then Nick got him to make his way out of the doors. When Ray the scumbag told Owen about his cheating crazy wife - you don't know who you want to punch more ... the wife or sleazy Ray. All I know is that Thursdays will have a big hole until more episodes come on. WE LOVE IT!!
  • Great life lessons-deep with humor. Good acting and story/plot. Characters have great chemistry! I would love to see this show continue as it's hard to find a clean, positive, & enjoyable series. I highly recommend this show.

Different types of people can relate this is show. They have done a wonderful job crafting characters, plot, and story. I have enjoyed watching this show because it's different-though there is drama, it seems to have a purpose in portraying life lessons and meaning that we all deal with. I am looking forward to future shows in this series!
  • Witty characters and the timeless story of endless love makes my Monday nights something to look forward to.

Well, I'll start with me falling in love with the lead character, Bryan Greenberg when he first appeared on One Tree Hill. I had high hopes that he we come back to that show to reclaim Peyton's heart but to find him laying down new roots on, October Road, I was very excited. I rooted weekly for the Relationship between him and Hannah to but to no avail. The show deserved a better chance to prove itself as the fantastic nighttime soap I knew it to be. Needless to say although the show was a bit anticlimatic the book would have been much better.
  • The good guy, the awesome friend, the love of your life... the main character Nick Garret was all those things until he left home and did not come back for 10 years. What he comes back to surprises even him.

This is another show it took me a while to get into. I love Bryan Greenberg and Laura Prepon so I thought I would give it a go. Turns out after ep 3 that it got very interesting and I found someone to hate alot... thats always good when a show starts. I feel no sympathy for Ray Cataldo even if he has pretty eyes. But yeah this show definitely grows on you. I hope and pray it comes back.
  • For soap opera fans only.

5.3
    There isnt much original here. Standard drama with large ensemble cast. This author guy, Nick, comes home after being gone for 10 years trying to solve his writers block. There are various sub plots about off beat people Nick knows. That’s about it. Not sure where this one would go other than Nick continually bumping into people he knew from his past. The absurd names of some of these charactes such as “The Commander” is just plain goofy; along with “Big Cat” and “Physical Phil”. Ugh.

In episode 2 there was the awful peanut allergy business concerning a kid he thought was his. The scene in the bar was absurd. Who would stand up and ask “Who here has a nut allergy?” Double Ugh. . He is surprised when the Dean of the University where he applies for a job questions whether he stay long term. I wouldn’t hire a guy like him until he was in town for a year or more and showed he was serious about staying. Even worse was when Nick pathetically begged the Dean of the University for job by throwing pebbles at her window at night like a guy trying to get a girls attention – this was extremely weird use of a standard cliché. A show like this would appeal to people who like Prime Time soap opera type relationship shows. I channel surfed thru half of it and didn’t feel like I missed anything. It’s a decent show but it just doesn’t interest me enough to watch it every week; theres really nothing new or special about it. But I must say Id rather see shows like this of Friday Night Lights on the schedule than endless CSI or American Idol clones, even if Im not watching it.

If a mushroom cloud appeared over Boston and Nick was looking at it, this might get interesting. Otherwise? Ill pass. Please pass the Peanuts....
  • Best show

I loved this show. Was so sad when it was no longer on. I just recently found it on HULU and re-watching it. Why do good shows like this get pulled?

• Keep October Road alive!

This show is the best show on tv, please bring back "October Road" even if it's on another network. I'd follow this show on any channel, even if I had to pay for it. There's so many great storylines going on and I couldn't wait to see where they were going with all of them. I know that us fans get a 15 min. finale but that just not enough...I love this show! I think cancelling this show is a huge mistake for ABC to do this, it seems to me that there are a lot of fans out there that would appreciate seeing another season!
  • This show had everything that a good drama needs. Multiple relationships, suspense, and kept you hanging from week to week. The characters were interesting and were the type regular folk could relate to; in short it reflected real life situations.

I don't know why networks keep starting drama series and then when people get hooked on them they pull the plug for no good reason. This isn't the first good show that has been abruptly pulled recently.

I was especially enjoying the development of the realtionship between Nick and his son which I felt was headed for some interesting revelations.

There is so much potential for this show. Many interpersonal realtionships to be developed. This show could have the life span of 7th Heaven.

I think someone should reconsider their decision to cancel this show. It was left with no conclusion and an expectation that it would return.

Bring it back!!! Please !!
  • This show is about a guy who returns home after 10 years to make amends with the friends and family he left behind, and wrote a book about, which doesn't make them look very good.

I absolutely love this show! October Road is the best out there, of course this is my personal opinion. I have never been so in love with a show. October Road depicts the lives of these characters in such a real way. The drama that goes on in their lives is not over the top but realistic, and slower paced. I love that the characters themselves are very real and down to earth people that are easy to relate too. The actors who portray the characters are absolutely amazing, I love Bryan Greenberg in the role of Nick, he is so talented. The writers are brilliant and bring across witty, intelligent writing, mixed with drama and humour perfectly. The music is amazing and has introduced me to so many new artists, like Ryan Adams, Ian Ball, and Borne. My ipod playlist has expanded by ten-fold. I really hope we get a season 3 of October Road, I don't know what I will do without it!
< 1 2 3 4 5