October Road

ABC (ended 2008)

krazy4crack

October Road Fan Reviews (135)

• A good idea with poor writing and trivial unbelievable character plots

2.5
    I watched season one of this show most of the way through and one thing I can never (and still can't get past) is the air guitar band. You have got to be kidding me. That is the dumbest crap I have ever seen. Cheesy with a side of cheese whiz. What grown person or even teenaged person thinks it's cool to play fake instruments and lip sync? I am hard pressed to even see a middle schooler doing that kind of stuff. Most kids do reach a point where they want to try to play REAL instruments. I even try to revisit the show on season 2 and they were STILL talking about that cheesy air guitar band. A wife complaining that the husband dedicates time to it... or puts up with it. Not even a hobby, but a pretend hobby. As for the show, the concept seems to be about how great and grand it is to live in the past. The ideas are there, but the translation and writing... it's like a group of romantic 5th graders imagining adulthood. For example, what adult has a choice career dream of a) college teaching prof or window salesman? There's no believability here! This show seriously needs to go - or fire the writers.