Odyssey 5 Forums

Showtime (ended 2002)

ending

desiredtime

[1]Nov 18, 2005
    • level: 5
    did the series have an ending where they save the earth or was it ended before they reached it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GohanSSJZ

[2]Nov 21, 2005
    • level: 13
    It ended with a cliffhanger, and there is no idea how it would end, this series wasn't even close to writing a end to it yet.

desiredtime

[3]Nov 26, 2005
    i might stop watching it since have only seen the first 4 episodes

Rookshaw74

[4]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 7
    desiredtime wrote:
    i might stop watching it since have only seen the first 4 episodes

Keep watching it! I found out that the show was never finished after watching the first 3 episodes. I kept watching. Each and every episode kept me intrigued and interested. Yeah, it sucks big time that the show was never finished, but at least I got to watch what there is. I have also read some rumors on the Inet that Manny Coto wants to finish this show. He even threw an O5 homage in one of the last episodes of Enterprise that Peter Weller was in.

GohanSSJZ

[5]Dec 23, 2005
    Ofcourse he wants that, but let's face it, no one wants to go into business with a guy who worked on such a failure as Enterprise (mind you though that i think he did excellent work on the show as far as it was possible) that wants to bring a show from the dead which ended over 2 years ago and without a lot of people wanting it back.

This was just a low profile sci-fi which didn't make the cut, i don't ever seeing it return.

xanu

[6]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    i don't see it returning either, which is a shame, because it certainly got its nice touches and had good potential. perhaps there will be some fan fictions follow up or such.

don't stop after 4 episodes, just continue till the end.

Shardyk

[7]Jan 30, 2006
    • level: 25
    I would really love Manny to write some novels telling how it was supposed to end.. the same thing with JMS and Crusade.

desiredtime

[8]Feb 22, 2006
    I’ve seen them all now and well it be very hard getting an ending with a show like this because the enemy was so big in number.

acantho

[9]Apr 29, 2006
    • level: 3

I just finished watching the entire series and would really like to see more

I didn't even know it was on television.  Considering the cost it would take to make this show, I'm surprised it was cancelled.  I think the nudity was a mistake.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it but the nudity made it so that the audience was restricted and considering the show itself, younger kids could have easily gotten into it.

I do hope there is some kind of books or something that tells more stories and gets it to a conclusion... but I'd much rather prefer the show continue

265thFeral

[10]Jul 23, 2006
    • level: 1
    Not so sure about the nudity point(though I agree that the younger market would have got into the basic premis of the show) but the show was definitely aimed at the adult market given the amount of swearing (of course I caveat that by saying that I think, personally, that the swearing was used well and not gratuitously).

I've just finished watching the series and I'm really disappointed that there won't be any more. This was proper sci-fi, not reliant upon special effects but based upon a fantastic story with great acting (all of the characters were belivable) and a great plot that built right up to the last episode. I'd love to know what Manny Coto might have done with the rest of the story - it should have run for 3 or 4 more series' easily.

My girlfriend, who is no sci-fi geek in the slightest (unlike me), really liked the series (the only sci-fi series she would actually watch with me), so I believe its blend of characterisation and intriguing plot could have appealed to a wider market. If it had made it to a major channel in the UK (rather than just the Sci-Fi channel) it would have garnered a much greater support, in my opinion.

benchervin

[11]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 9
    I agree with what people said above. I think the show had nudity and swearing because it was on Showtime and they took advantage of that. However, with only minor editing, the show could have been much more seccessful (and more widely seen) were it on something like NBC or CBS or something like that. Anyway, it was a good show that should've lasted a while.

slayme3

[12]Apr 23, 2007
    Show creator Manny Coto is now working on 24. Manny - PLEASE do an ending for Odyssey 5 - even if it's only a script we can view online or purchase. Michael Reeves did that for his series Dungeons and Dragons and I really hope Manny/Jonathan Glassner will do the same!!!

captnblues

[13]Apr 21, 2009
    Very lame!!!!
    I just finished watching the entire series w/a friend and neither of us could figure why the last episode didn't have an ending? I wouldn't recommend this video to anyone. We spent 2 days watching and trying to think of what was going to happen and then let down because the last episode had answered nothing about the show.

PeachesRPB

[14]Oct 5, 2010

Hello...Oct. 4, 2010, I just checked out Odessy 5 at my local library. It took me several days to see all the Episodes. I LOVED IT!! I wish the Show creator Manny Coto (and new producers) were allowed to complete the series. I'm 'left hanging in mid-air' not knowing what happen at the end. I hope the right people read these msgs. and complete the series. HELP!!