On the Lot

108: Contestant Films (When Two Worlds Collide)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jul 09, 2007 on FOX

6.3
  • When viewers Collide!

There is a lot of viewing going on in today's "On the Lot." The directers are ask to do a theme and it's When Worlds collide. I saw the five shorts and I didn't like either one. I came to me as I watch the series, maybe the show needed a film critic to watch the movies. All I see are people who are inside the business. I wanted to be on the show as a judge. I write movie reviews. I hope they read this. Besides, it beats getting yelled at on "Hell's Kitchen." Besides I think carrie fisher is very sexy anyway.
  • When Worlds Collide

First of all, I think there is a built-in unfairness to giving one team a specific theme (When Worlds Collide) and giving the second team a comprehensive genre (action films). I think they all should have been given the theme - it demands that they tap into their creativity - or exposes the lack of it.
    Zach - He went with the couple who does everything normally vs couple who does everything backwards and tossed in a little resurrection bit (having observed, no doubt, how well this is faring for Jason). I keep hearing that song 'You Gotta Have a Gimmick' - he's a gimmick. I don't like gimmick movies but since Will Ferrell seems to be turning them into box office hits, who am I to argue?
    Hillary - Just plain awful. Ripped from the Golden Book about the prince with donkey ears without the charm or whimsy.
    Will - People will have to know the spaghetti western genre really well to understand how great some of his shots were - I'm not sure there are that many people watching this show who have seen a lot of 'old movies' from the 60s-70s tho. My favorite
    Shalini - Sam Goldwyn said 'If you want to send a message, try Western Union, Shalini' - I'm not sure he added the 'Shalini' part, but he should have.
    Either Sam or Adam - I forget who did the last film. Another gimmick, and a stereotype laden one at that - inept military and greedy suburbanites is so 80s.