On the Lot Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Anyone think this show is staged

1bat4u

[1]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 2
    Has anyone thought that this show is staged? I mean reality shows have been staged before, like real world,Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero? (some of the contestents was on tv shows and movies, the guy who played feedback was on NCIS) and i heard survivor, also I am a filmmaker myself, I've been filming movies,short movies,commercials, since senior year of highschool, im now in my 3rd year of college, I did apply for the on the lot reality show and i did read the contract, they said that 1st you have to go to a casting once your movie is selected, and then if your chosen, you go to a undiclosed location for filming the show, you stay a week only, unless the producer notes otherwise. (didnt get chosen though, but its ok im going to a film skool once i graduate)I remember seeing the first episode, 2-3 people seemed like they had no clue about filming, and one guy didnt even know how to edit, he didnt know what a timecode was on the final cut software they where using to edit their film, EDITING IS THE 2ND BEST THING TO KNOW ABOUT FILMING!! how some of them won not knowing how to edit is beyond me, anyways, if you were required to stay one week, I dont think they made those movies within a week, I mean getting ready,scripting, doing their(casting calls) and editing takes alot of hours, and tonight's episode shows 2 of them filming where they live, one in new york and one in new hampshire, If they flew there, wrote the script,did castiing, got the equipment and edited, it would of took, more than a day, from this i think this show is staged and has paid actors, with already made movies by professionals,and  i do question some effects they did, they sure didnt use final cut for some of them,anybody else have similiar thoughts and opinions?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    1bat4u wrote:
    ... EDITING IS THE 2ND BEST THING TO KNOW ABOUT FILMING!! ...

I had only 2 or 3 film classes many years ago and you are right, editing is most important; and, most directors work very closely with the editor. But this show is to bad to be staged.

sfviewer

[3]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 27
    it's too dull to be staged. no amout of editing will save a bad concept.
    Edited on 06/05/2007 11:57pm

1bat4u

[4]Jun 6, 2007
    good points,agreed, I doubt they will have a second season,

NiDKiD

[5]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 11
    1bat4u wrote:
    Has anyone thought that this show is staged? I mean reality shows have been staged before, like real world,Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero? (some of the contestents was on tv shows and movies, the guy who played feedback was on NCIS) and i heard survivor, also I am a filmmaker myself, I've been filming movies,short movies,commercials, since senior year of highschool, im now in my 3rd year of college, I did apply for the on the lot reality show and i did read the contract, they said that 1st you have to go to a casting once your movie is selected, and then if your chosen, you go to a undiclosed location for filming the show, you stay a week only, unless the producer notes otherwise. (didnt get chosen though, but its ok im going to a film skool once i graduate)I remember seeing the first episode, 2-3 people seemed like they had no clue about filming, and one guy didnt even know how to edit, he didnt know what a timecode was on the final cut software they where using to edit their film, EDITING IS THE 2ND BEST THING TO KNOW ABOUT FILMING!! how some of them won not knowing how to edit is beyond me, anyways, if you were required to stay one week, I dont think they made those movies within a week, I mean getting ready,scripting, doing their(casting calls) and editing takes alot of hours, and tonight's episode shows 2 of them filming where they live, one in new york and one in new hampshire, If they flew there, wrote the script,did castiing, got the equipment and edited, it would of took, more than a day, from this i think this show is staged and has paid actors, with already made movies by professionals,and i do question some effects they did, they sure didnt use final cut for some of them,anybody else have similiar thoughts and opinions?

Gee, do you think that all of the "reality" shows might be staged????

Wake up! Of course they are! That's why they're all crap!

1bat4u

[6]Jun 8, 2007

true, which is why i stopped watching them,

hsimpson44

[7]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 26
    1bat4u wrote:
    good points,agreed, I doubt they will have a second season,

Yeah well, I like it but whether anyone at all likes it or not, its on Fox so here's how it goes:
    Fox is dumb
    Fox gets reality shows which stink (except Lot at least for me)
    Fox keeps them for years
    Fox treats long running good shows like crap
    Fox takes off good new shows for bad reality shows
    Fox then stops releasing DVDs of good shows
    Make more bad reality shows
    Make spin-offs of bad reality shows
    Start praising their three good new shows (24, Prison Break, House for me)
    Get more new shows then drop good ones.
    Thus making more reality shows

So, I figure it will get another season. If Idol can, anything can.
    And I doubt it's staged.