TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

On the Lot Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Hows this show work?

ChicksHateMe

[1]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 8

I haven't watched it yet, but I've read some reviews on it.Sounds about 50/50 as far as people liking it or hating it.And I have a feeling the people that hate it don't come to talk about it, so I am guessing it's aweful to most.

Anyways,I was wondering if it's like american Idol or The apprentice? Do they show the groups making the film, then let you see it, then show the judges critique it?

Is there a seperate show to see them films, and another to see the results?

Can people call in votes? Or vote online?

It sounds interesting, but also sounds like it has a terrible format and host presently.

I could imagine a show like this, but where they allow people to download the films for the week, review them, then tune in to see a FOX show on how they were made, and the voting results.

Anyways, can someone explain how it really is done? I am trying to decide if I would enjoy it or not.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 28
    ChicksHateMe wrote:

I haven't watched it yet, but I've read some reviews on it.Sounds about 50/50 as far as people liking it or hating it.And I have a feeling the people that hate it don't come to talk about it, so I am guessing it's aweful to most.

Anyways,I was wondering if it's like american Idol or The apprentice? Do they show the groups making the film, then let you see it, then show the judges critique it?

Is there a seperate show to see them films, and another to see the results?

Can people call in votes? Or vote online?

It sounds interesting, but also sounds like it has a terrible format and host presently.

I could imagine a show like this, but where they allow people to download the films for the week, review them, then tune in to see a FOX show on how they were made, and the voting results.

Anyways, can someone explain how it really is done? I am trying to decide if I would enjoy it or not.

It's more like American Idol. They don't show the behind the scenes of films being made like other reality shows like Apprentice. The pilot episode did show that, but FOX dropped it due to poor ratings.

ChicksHateMe

[3]Jun 13, 2007
    • level: 8
    So I am guessing you just see the end product and the judges decisions. I'd want to see more of the behind the scenes stuff. I didm't watch from the start, so I'll probably pass and see if it comes out in a rerun.

Thanks for replying!