On the Lot Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Will we be seeing a Season 2? (poll)

Is this show gonna make its second season?

aaronfilmltd

[1]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    Simple enough. Whaddya think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sonic80

[2]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    I don;t think so. I wanted this show to succeed, but now I don't think that it will even make it out of the first season. THEY FRICKIN' SKIPPED AN(Two) EPISODE(S)! Seriously it will take A LOT of change to fix this show up. Start off by Firing Adriana Costa and her dialog Writer.

trekkie778

[3]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 7
    With the crashing and burning of the first season, I sure hope it doesn't come back. I wanted to like this show, but unfortunately it has become worse than America's Got Talent (very sad, I know).

sfviewer

[4]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 27
    america's best talent looked a little better than on the lot. on the lot has doomed to fail written all over it.

digger2640

[5]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 4

The first two episodes showed some promise. I was really getting into it. Showing some of the creative processes and the challenges of the filmmakers. But now, it's just a waste of time watching it. Watch the film online and then see who is 'voted' off. No ads, no annoying host, and who gives a crap about the judges comments when they don't really give anything constructive. If they had stuck to the same style as the first two shows they could have had a really interesting program.

Hairy106

[6]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 33
    I think that it is a great show. I really like it. The only problem with the show is: Adriana Costa, she is terrible. Now, it is only the first season, maybe she just hasn't gotten into the style of hosting a show yet, but still, she stinks. So the show should continue, the host should not.

wolfbarn

[7]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    the show might have looked good on paper, but the end result is not so impressive. it's a flop.
    Edited on 07/27/2007 12:10pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ShinyHubCaps

[8]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 10
    What episodes did they skip?

By the way, if any of the people voting for this follows American Idol, their votes should be discounted immediately. There is something mind-numbingly moronic for someone to go back to a show, week after week, just to watch people sing. People who, regardless of contracts, likely will not become superstars. People who, by "making a song their own," basically all resemble every previous contestant with an ounce of talent that came before them. Then your favorites get voted off, people cry, filler, filler, filler.

And you know what? It's the same every week. It's also the same every year. How many times can you see the bad singers perform and consider that entertainment? I don't even think I could stay in the room.

Whether or not it comes back for another season, I know that this is the biggest show of the summer that I actually look forward to watching. And trust me, I watch a lot of TV. It is new, innovative, and unlike anything you've ever seen in a reality competition. American Idol, much like my last sentence, is entirely redundant.

People NOT liking this show is up there with "Two and a Half Men" being on any ratings chart. People get stuck in their ways, and the kind of crap that network TV has been pulling just goes to show how gullible casual TV viewers really are.

robodog1000

[9]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    ShinyHubCaps wrote:
    What episodes did they skip?

By the way, if any of the people voting for this follows American Idol, their votes should be discounted immediately. There is something mind-numbingly moronic for someone to go back to a show, week after week, just to watch people sing. People who, regardless of contracts, likely will not become superstars. People who, by "making a song their own," basically all resemble every previous contestant with an ounce of talent that came before them. Then your favorites get voted off, people cry, filler, filler, filler.

And you know what? It's the same every week. It's also the same every year. How many times can you see the bad singers perform and consider that entertainment? I don't even think I could stay in the room.

Whether or not it comes back for another season, I know that this is the biggest show of the summer that I actually look forward to watching. And trust me, I watch a lot of TV. It is new, innovative, and unlike anything you've ever seen in a reality competition. American Idol, much like my last sentence, is entirely redundant.

People NOT liking this show is up there with "Two and a Half Men" being on any ratings chart. People get stuck in their ways, and the kind of crap that network TV has been pulling just goes to show how gullible casual TV viewers really are.

very nice speech

Rhaemye

[10]May 26, 2008
    • level: 4

It's almost june 2008, so I think the show's been axed. Unfortunately. I don't know why so many people disliked it. I must agree, Adriana Costa didn't have much to say, but what presenter of a show like this has? Besides, she's absolutely gorgeous, and that counts for something.

And of course, On The Lot could've been called American Director, it's one of many 'vote for your favorite'-shows, but the only thing we should focus on is the work. The mini-movies of the contestants. Eyebleeding terrible (Kenny) or right on the mark (Will) and everything in between. Isn't it cool to imagine what you would've done, week in week out, if you were in their shoes?

Anyway, a pity it probably won't return.

I don't see why Adriana shouldn't, actually.

Water78

[11]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 47
    speaking of which has the winners movie been released?