On the Spot

The WB (ended 2003)

On the Spot Fan Reviews (7)

• On the Spot - LOVE IT! Please broadcast more frequently!

We all love this program filled with important and fun trivia. It's only broadcast on Saturday mornings but any chance it can be shown on other time slots as well? This is a program that can rerun forever without becoming mundane. PLEASE, MORE and MORE OFTEN! We sit around the tv and guess who's the smartest. It's great that you include such a vast array of subjects! WELL DONE!

THANK YOU, Cheryl - friends and family.
  • Jackie Robinson was NOT the first.....

The episode aired on May 10, 2015 with the question 'Who was the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball?' The shows answer 'Jackie Robinson' is incorrect. William Edward White played for the National League Providence Gray on June 21, 1879 filling in for Joe Start who was injured.

Go to the website Today I found out can't write it all together because it will not publish a website address because the words are not spaced therefore giving incorrect The Spot should let their 'write a review' page manage what should be haha

• Your facts are not accurate

I just watched a short segment on the voyage of Christopher Columbus. Columbus did NOT land on the island of Haiti/Dominican Republic as your host stated. He landed on the island of Hispaniola (San Salvador in the Bahamas). If you are going to spout facts, they need to be accurate.
  • War of Independence- wrong conclusion.

I noticed that it was quoted that the Americans defeated the British. I know that this sounds good, but it is totally untrue. In actual fact, Britain being under duress from their own wars in Europe etc. figured that to keep the war going with America was going to be immensely costly, apart from that they realised just how difficult it would be to control a country that resented that control. As at that time a stalemate existed, the British withdrew and there was no victor. This lesson has not unfortunately been learned by the present day . who to their chagrin have discovered this in the Middle East. If someone does not want you, pushing yourself on them will never ever work.
  • Invented the first Airplane

Was watching your showed Sunday Feb. 16th 2014 on E/I on Channel This Tv. and one of your Questions was who invented the airplane. your answer was the Wright brothers "WRONG ANSWER"

Leonardo da Vinici,His observations and inventions were recorded in 13,000 pages of notes and drawings, including designs for flying machines (some 400 years before the Wright brothers' first success), the Wright brothers built and flew the first airplane ,but didnt invent it!!!!
  • GOOGOL-sized error

My daughter was just watching this show and a question was posed asking, "Which came first, GOOGLE or GOOGOL?" The answer was correctly stated as "GOOGOL" but an incorrect definition of this term was given. The announcer stated that this number means "1 to the power 100", which is not correct because 1 to any power is 1, right? The correct definition is "10 to the power 100", which is a 1 followed by 100 zeroes.

My daughter enjoys the show, and called me in to watch it stating, "I'm learning some neat stuff on this show!" So I ended up watching it with her. I just hope the other information that is shared is accurate.
  • One of the most awful shows to ever grace a Television Set

Maybe the WB should have thought twice before producing this piece of crap. It's a show based on Improv sketches, with a cast that has absolutely no talent whatsoever. The jokes are lame, the sketches are lame, and it feels like infinity before it's over. I can not name how many times I wanted to throw the TV from the stand onto the floor and bash it with a baseball bat. It's THAT bad. It's so bad, it makes a digested mexican meal smell good. It's below the barrell. And only five episodes. IT'S THAT BAD. It's also a shame that I can't score this below 1.