An Once Upon a Time Community
Friday 8:00 PM on ABC
After this week's emotionally devastating midseason finale I found myself left with a few burning questions going into the next half season. After Hook's heartbreaking (for him - that guy cannot catch a break) attempt at breaking the curse was unsuccessful the first immediate question was this: Why didn't Hook's kiss work?

1) Hook isn't Emma's true love (highly likely - if we're going to keep destroying Hook can we please get him some more time to grow with Tinker?). Or could Emma still actually care for Hook after you check out reason #3.

2) Baelfire is Emma's true love (blech, please NO)

3) This method won't ever work because as we saw in Season 1 the only true love Emma has is for Henry.

poll
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jan 22, 2014
Hook hook hook hook
Flag
Jan 08, 2014
Even True Love kiss don't work with one person having amnesia (Snow and Charming in Heart of Darkness, Rumple and Belle at the end of Season 2). So It is possible that their's True Love and still not working, and has a same amount of chance that it is not true love.
Flag
Dec 18, 2013
Regina is Emma's true love! Lol
Honestly, I've got no idea with what this show is doing to Emma's love life. Neal is just......well as you said BLECH! Hook has been thrown on her so hard that it's becoming a case of "either get it over and done with hook em up! Or please just kill this ship and let Tink have him!" However OUAT writers want to have their cake and eat it so they're gonna keep all the ships (SwanQueen, CaptnSwan, SwanFire etc.) around for as long as the fans will take it, which is infinity times infinity. Annoying!
Flag
Dec 18, 2013
Guys...if anything, Emma kicking Hook in the groin just made me even more sure than I was before that they're TL. It's been established with both Charming and Snow AND Rumple and Belle that for TLK to work both parties have to be aware of what they feel being TL for it to work, and Emma's memories of Hook are gone (well, actually, judging by her momentary look of recognition upon seeing him and specially the fact that for a milisecond she actually leaned in and closed her eyes to kiss him, I would say they are buried rather than gone). Besides, for Hook to have even tried it he would have to be sure that what HE feels is TL and UGH I CANNOT WAIT for the EF flashbacks to see his journey back to Emma!
Flag
Jan 03, 2014
I agree that Hook is truly in love- not sure Emma loves herself enough to be ready for a True Love. Still, both Hook and Regina have been more help turning Emma into an emotionally mature woman than Neal (I think he kinda preferred the dependent teenybopper).
Flag
Dec 17, 2013
My opinion is sort of a bit retcon-like. Even before Rumple released the magic thing at the end of Season 1, there was a bit of magic in just Storybrooke's existence anyway. Once Regina removed it, this world reverted to having no access to magic whatsoever. So, consequently, true love's kiss doesn't work because there can be no curses. And/or, that you only have one true love and Emma has already used that spell, so she can't be involved in another one. I think the only thing actually left for Emma is her happy ending (and you have to wonder, if she is content enough now, that might not even be a consideration for her).

My idea for breaking the curse, hence restoring the memories, goes like this...Much like Season 2 began with Neal's random appearance, this half season begins with Christopher Gorham walking a similar path around New York when he meet/cutes a young lady (who we know is Rapunzel) they grab a coffee together and end up talking most of the night. We figure out fairly quickly that this is grown up Henry. They walk around Central Park and they kiss under the moonlight, that big ripple happens and suddenly we are back in Emma's car outside Storybrooke and they stop and run around for a bit and can't find it, so eventually they decide they have to start a life outside but promise each other to keep an open mind. We see a little montage of their next year where Emma clearly starts to become happy and comfortable in their new life. Then we are at that morning with Hook knocking at the door. That scene happens again, Emma comes back says it was nothing to Henry, ushers him off to get ready for school and opens the door again and says meet me downstairs. And the first thing she tells him is that they got their memories back soon after, so Hook can smile and say, so there is no way to tell if that was true love's kiss huh?

And seriously, look at him again in the hallway...he doesn't have a hook, and it kind of looks like he has a hand again. I think Tink already helped him out.
More+
Flag
Dec 19, 2013
"And/or, that you only have one true love and Emma has already used that spell, so she can't be involved in another one."

The problem with that is that Emma is defined as a product of True Love and, thus, she is True Love. Because of this, I think she could TL kiss Henry on the forehead (a mother's love) and still have room for romantic love.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members