An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)
It's that time of year, hiatus has come and fanvids arise to honor the scenes of each and every pairing available. In this instalment, the best I found of Robin Hood and Regina (Outlaw Queen)

5) Enchanted
Set mostly on the second part of season 3, it focusses on both the first times they ever met.

4) The Only Exception
Title says it all, looking through the eyes of the only child of a loveless marriage to the only exception made with the father of an only chid from a loving marriage.

3) Say Something

Yes, they have their very own Say Something vid too.

2) Give Me Love

Mostly from Robin Hood's perspective, it focusses on his side of the relationship rather than hers.

1) Uptown Girl

Also from Robin Hood's perspective. Perhaps its not as good as the rest, but we don't have too many of these.

Bonus vid: A thousand years
Just because of the "they are doomed (by Marion)" factor doesn't mean its all lost, so happy thoughts...

There you have it, the greatest 5 I found. Which is your favorite? Can you find another one? Which perspective you like best? Can you see them as OTP (one true pairing) or are you just grateful for the memories? Hit the comments and vote the poll.

poll

Comments (15)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
@TracyTrouble: Sadly, I don't think shipping has anything to do with this show, although it seemed to be the intent using fairytale romances as premise, it tales more than to point out towards Cinderella and respective Prince for itto happen.

It worked for Snow White and Charming because the actors had chemistry and the writers made an effort for their leads, but I don't think it works much for the rest of them, canon or otherwise.

Case in point, I know Marion is an issue because she's Marion and he's Robin Hood, but the show didn't really made an effort as to why she would be an issue other than her first name is Marion.

When it comes to Regina, I know Damiel was an issue because they spend half a season repeating what an issue he was, but didn't really sold "the romance" with him any more than they did with "Robin": the actors had to do the job all by themselves.
Flag
You make a good point; but I do think RumBelle worked for the most part - it was certainly my favourite 'ship' I think Emma and Hook are okay; but not chemistry driven. As you say chemistry is needed to make them believable. It's a shame as, with a bit of chemistry, a lot of the relationships would work so well.
Flag
I would say Beauty & the Beast worked because they took time to develop them as Rumpel was an antagonist. That wasn't the case with the hutsman, Pinocchio, Bae, the flying monkey or Hook, so Emma's love stories suffer as a result.
Flag
You should really credit the vidders (by including their names in the article) for putting in so much hard work. :-)
Flag
True, most of their signatures are in the vids, but the next one (Rumple & Belle) I'll feature their names too. Their work is awesome!
Flag
Yeah, that's the only thing I meant. Just giving them some credit for their amazing work. :-)
Flag
Awesome! That's really cool of you to do that. :-)
Flag
So very uncomfortable, and doomed.
Flag
Only if you're a SQ shipper magnus - in which case, you're in the wrong place. ;)
Flag
Come on, they brought a dead women back to life just to sink the ship. That's almost as doomed as the whole Rachel/Finn pairing on Glee, and no actual actors had to die for it to happen.
Flag
They could've done a whole lot more in the uncomfortable department though:
  • Robin Hood as the potential stepfather to Snow White (at least, steady boyfriend to her stepmother), or the potential father-in-law for Prince Charming,
  • The Evil Queen as the Merry Men's new lady (the "new Marion", if you will),
  • Roin Hood as potential step-grandfather to Emma's brother, or the Evil Queen as a potential stepmother to his son.
  • The mixed family angle between the Charmings, the Rumpelstiltskins, the Mills, the Hoods and the Henry.
  • Not to mention, any potential family holiday with Hook ad Hood at the family table...
The writers missed out a lot stuck as they are in the early dating aspect.
Flag
So very true. It could have actually taken so many more akward and disturbing paths to get where it was, so I'm glad that it only lasted for a short time.

What if Henry, upon getting his memories back, wondered if Regina has simply replaced him with a cuter version?

Or Marion for that matter wondering the same thing.

Or they could have gone further into the pixie dust issue to explain how that somehow made their 'love' truer and more special then those not brought together from fairy crap.
Flag
True, Regina didn't get to spend enough time with her boyfriend's son for Henry to wonder if he had been replaced by the youngest Hood, or Marion by Henry's mother.

There wasn't enough time to even wonder whether the Hoods would stick with Regina despite Marion (imagine the chaos if Robin & Regina would've married before Marion came back)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members