An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning March 5, 2017)

Once Upon a Time has found its Elsa! Georgina Haig, who played Peter and Olivia's daughter on Fringe and who currently stars in CBS's Reckless, has been tapped to play Frozen's Queen of Arendelle, TV.com has learned.

During the Season 3 finale, an urn hidden away in Rumplestiltskin's (Robert Carlyle) vault in the past was transported to the future when Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) returned from their time-traveling adventure. Said urn contained Elsa, who spilled out seemingly ready for an icy duel. But will she actually be the Season 4 villain?

"She was never a villain," executive producer Edward Kitsis told TVGuide.com after the finale. Added executive producer Adam Horowitz: "The thing we loved so much about that movie, among a million other things, was that Elsa was misunderstood." Still, she's probably not too happy that Rumple had her locked up in his vault!

As previously announced, newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play Anna, the younger sister of Queen Elsa, and Scott Michael Foster (Greek) will play Anna's boyfriend Kristoff.

Once Upon a Time returns Sundays this fall on ABC.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/4/2016

Season 6 : Episode 10

55 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
No... Just... NO.
Flag
We missed Beth Riesgraf (Parker from Leverage), and it looked she would be a good match for the role... ;)
Flag

Seriously, Anna Faith is so much better for this role, it isn't even funny.

But hey, whatever you want, OuaT. It's not as if casting one or the either will make the show overall any better...
Flag
I WISH THEY WOULD BRING BACK FRINGE!
Flag
Previously on Fringe... ( I really miss this show :( )

Flag
Is it just me or in that picture is she a dead ringer for Amy Acker?
Flag
As you mentioned it, I took a look at her once again... And, well... Maybe a little bit... But Amy Acker is doing a wonderful job in "Person of Interest" and I hope she stays there for some time ;)
Flag
Georgia was great on Fringe and I don't doubt she'll do well in this; although, I was starting to like the idea of Anna Faith Carlson playing her on the show.
Flag
Best Etta Elsa ever!

(They must be really into this Frozen storyline for such a perfect casting)
Flag
So far so good... Bring it on :)
Flag
Oh thank god it's only her. For a second, I was afraid that Anna Torv had fallen on amazingly desperate times.
Flag
I am so glad they are going ahead with the Frozen storyline. I've been looking for a legitimate excuse to stop watching OUaT, and as I refuse to pander to another season of Disney commercialization, it looks like I just found a free hour on Sunday nights.
Flag
Strange. I believe I just wasted my time reading your comment, and writing a response. I know I gained nothing from this experience. I'm very confused ...
Flag
Wow, Gus_Weal, I must have really hurt your feelings or said something that was a personal insult to you to justify your negative backhand to me. This is a comment site to talk about TV shows, not to put someone down because they might have a different viewpoint than you do. However my comment negatively affected you, I do apologize.
Flag
i love this show and some people seem to forget this is a family show for the young ones aswel yes some of the storylines have been silly but i dont think your ment to take it so seriously.....im looking forward to the new season this fall.
Flag
Waste of her talent to be on this turkey of a show. Sorry I'll miss her performance, but I can't ever sit through another episode of OUAT.
Flag
Dang, I also briefly got my hopes up that it was Anna Torv. But Georgina Haig is almost as good. I can see it working, I liked her on Fringe.
Flag
Anna Torv is probably a bit too old now to play Elsa maybe 5- years ago :)
Flag
People like you.... nevermind. I just didn't know 35 was old. Honestly, I believe Anna Torv is too good for this show.
Flag
Where did I say 35 was old.... "too old now to play Elsa" , you do realize the character is a 18 year old...
Flag
Ok I can see it working.
Flag
I just last night watched Recklass and I thought it was great--very John Grisham--but I couldn't place the blonde. And now it all makes sense, so thank you for that.
Flag
Cool. Now we get to see if we can spot Observers in the Enchanted Forest.

Flag
Bring September back!

(or August, I really liked that one)
Flag
September--Michael Cervaris--is currenty working with The Good Wife--It doesn't get any better than that!
Flag
How about a Fringe spin-off series called Observe? It would just be about observers hanging around observing things and taking notes during important moments in history. Nothing else.
Flag
Just throw in some Immortals and we'll have a reboot of Highlander with the Watchers....
Flag
You're a caution, dude:-)
Flag
LOL I can't believe OUAT is actually going through with the Frozen schtick, geez.
Flag
I stopped watching this season during the endless night/snoozefest that was Neverland, wouldn't surprise me if they start milking Star Wars once the movie near releases assuming the OUAT is still on the air
Flag
I've actually never watched the show, just the last 5 minutes before Revenge came on. But I see people saying it's going down hill quick, and this whole situation just seems really desperate. With all the Frozen craze I'm sure it will work temporarily, but still it's pretty bad.
Flag
Shamelessly milking the cow!.. but what can we do at this point?... Let it go i guess?.. x'D..
Flag
That's okay, I can't believe it's still on...
Flag
I mean I'm a loyal Revenge fan so I really have no room to talk, but come on now...
Flag
I can't believe that's still on either--first season was great, the rest, not so much.
Flag

So... Elsa will be a villain in OUaT. Thanks for being cagey about her role and thus confirming what her role will actually be.

Oh you mean she's going to attack Rumple and despite a line of dialogue that will read, Emma: Are you sure that you didn't do something to upset her? Then Rumple of course denies that he had any involvement, a few episodes later we see he had tangential involvement as he provided the urn that held her and then when the person he provided the magic urn to didn't want to pay the price that we know magic always has because they didn't like the solution that Rumple provided. Then as compensation Rumple then took the urn as payment for services rendered.

I'm guessing in the fourth season the person who made this deal with Rumplestiltskin is Anna because she wanted to ease the pain her sister was experiencing due to her outcast status.

The dialogue when Rumple provides her with the urn will be along the lines of "All you need is for your sister to drink from this vessel and you can consider the problem taken care of, deary"

The big reveal will be that Rumple had a side deal with King Leopold that he would take care of the Ice Queen problem in the North. Thus explaining why the urn wound up in the vault of powerful magic. Leopold reveals that he only did such a thing to protect his unborn daughter and we as an audience realize that Elsa hasn't been coming after Rumple for revenge but rather Snow White is the target of her ire.

Heck why not throw in the mix that Snow White is her name, because that was the deal Leopold made with Rumple. Something along the lines of if you want my help I'll require your first born, then when it comes time to pay he doesn't want the child but rather that the child bear a name that is a constant reminder of his choice to value one person's life over another, so that he is never able to assuage the guilt of imprisoning a girl who did nothing but possibly cause a threat to his child.

Of course even after all of the time when Elsa is spend as an antagonist, once the Charmings learn the truth they will do everything in their power to heal the wounds caused by the sins of her father, the most likely way of course to track down Anna and cause a reconciliation between the two, to the tune of "You can't blame them for something her Father did, if you want someone to blame then blame me."

More+
Flag
Brilliant! You're hired.
Flag
they should have casted this her look a like model Anna Faith

Flag
There's pretty much never any villain on this show, everyone is just misunderstood, manipulated or, trying desperately to save their own skin. On one hand I appreciate characters being more fleshed out than classic 2-dimensional fairy tale characters that were either just inherently good, or those who were malevolently evil for the sake of serving evil, but at the same time, I'm a bit upset they've yet to actually have a truly evil for evil's sake character show up.
Flag
Peter Pan.
Flag
"...trying desperately to save their own skin" Peter Pan was a weak-willed and absent-minded father, but despite this seemed to genuinely love his son, unfortunately not as much as he loved himself though. He didn't kill anywhere near as many people as Cora or Regina, and his only motivation for killing Henry was keeping himself alive, so not really evil for evil's sake.
Flag
No offense, I'm sure this woman is a fine actress but I actually think the other two actors they cast look the part. I mean I understand you can't cast people that look exactly like a character, especially when it's a Disney movie and the person is animated.

In all honesty, I'm not looking forward to this storyline. I know Frozen is huge and popular and all that and I think that's pretty much the only reason it's being included on OUAT. Just because something is hugely popular doesn't mean it has to be a part of something else, even if you're desperate for ratings.

That being said, I do love OUAT so this isn't me picking on the show.

I'm sure this actress and the other actor and actress will do just fine in their roles.
Flag
Theory: Since Elsa's control of her powers is linked directly to her relationship with her sister, something (either the second casting of the curse or Emma's time travel shenanigans) must've separated them by bringing Anna to Storybrooke, causing Elsa to lose control again.
Flag
Elsa was trapped in Rumpled vault long before the Snow cast the Curse, and even long before Regina cast it, so whatever happened to cause her imprisonment had nothing to do with the Curse.
Flag

Flag
cool to see her again and we should have seen her LOTS longer on Fringe.
Flag
you got my hopes up thinking it was Anna Torv, how dare you! I don't mind the casting but I think they could've done better.
Flag
I like it. :)
Flag
When you said "Fringe alum", I was hoping you meant Anna Torv.

But of course you didn't. It's OUAT, after all.
Flag
I was hoping it was John Noble in a blond wig. We can't all get what we want. :-(
Flag
Torv will be in new HBO show with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jaimie Alexander
Called Open , Created by Ryan Murphy
Flag
Let it go, let it goooooo...
Flag
Never! Letting go is for pussies!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members