An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)

Elizabeth Mitchell is returning to TV.

The Revolution and Lost alum has been cast on Once Upon a Time for Season 4, TV.com has confirmed. She'll play a role in the show's Frozen-inspired storyline and may be playing a villain, according to Entertainment Weekly, which first reported the news. Either way, she'll definitely have ties to Anna (Elizabeth Lail) and Elsa (Georgina Haig).

In May, TVGuide.com asked executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz whether they had considered bringing Mitchell and her fellow Lost alum Josh Holloway on board. "Once has always been a beautiful home for people who were stranded on the Island," Kitsis noted at the time.

Are you happy Mitchell is joining OUAT? Who do you think she should play?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/15/2016

Season 5 : Episode 23

33 Comments
Comments (33)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
What?? I love Juliet ! She was awesome in Lost! Cant wait !

I didnt see her in Revolution because I stopped watching the show after the first episode.
Flag
I think she will make a great villain because that woman can play scary and that was her being a good guy.
Flag
I agree even playing as a good one, I always has my doubts of her intentions.
Flag
I know right that woman scared me with the possibility of how far she could go.
Flag
I might be showing my age, but does no one remember her role as Dr. Kim Legaspi on ER? That was one of her best, in my opinion. I'm excited to see her as a villain and I think she'll do a fantastic job!
Flag
She will be Anna and Elsa's mother who comes across as evil and abandoned them but it will turn out she really loves them and regrets abandoning them, and everyone will work through their parental abandonment issues for ten episodes. Also somehow Henry will be in peril.
Flag
ahahahah love this comment!
Flag
Also, Henry will be related to them somehow.
Flag
She'll be Henry's third grandmother... somehow.
Flag
People like it was her Fault that Revolution was crap. That show just for a time got stupid.
Flag
What on earth is wrong with people that assign blame to an actor as soon as two shows that they've been on get cancelled? As if it's somehow the actors fault. What an idiotic mindset - actors have nothing to do with these things!!!

Anyways, I've been disappointed with OUAT since season two and unfortunately I don't think the addition of two actresses that I love (Mitchell and Haig) will be enough to change my mind.
Flag
I am pretty sure Liz Mitchell's "Duck Lips" won't make OUaT any more watchable.

I would tune it to see someone smack her when she makes that face, however.
Flag
Lol....I know what face you're talking about! But I still like her as an actress. I think she's really talented, even when the do eyed duck face makes an appearance.

I just hate to hear people blaming an actor for a shows cancelation. I've heard it many times before and it really irks me. I don't care who the actor is, they have nothing to do with a show getting cancelled. Maybe the character they play has an impact on the fans and that I can understand. For example, Minka Kelly's character on Almost Human was terrible. And yes, Minka is not a good actress by any means but they could've worked with what they had and made Valerie a good character. I'm sure the fact that Almost Human had no good female characters had an impact but do I blame Minka Kelly personally for the show getting cancelled? No way!
Flag
I like her too ..more for LOST than anything else. Juliet was pretty bad ass from beginning to end.

Rachel is Revolution needed to be punched repeatedly
Flag
I mean ...you would really have to write a douche and make them the lead for ONE character/actor have that kind of impact. And then have nothing like the ensemble OUaT has - where other characters can pick them up and make the show watchable.

Like if the lead for the new Constantine was really bad. The show is about him. If he fails, the show will fail
Flag
*doeeyed
Flag
I never watched Once upon a time, BUT i am sure it will get canceled once Elizabeth Mitchell gets added to the roster even for an episode or two, considering what happened to the last two shows she was in (Revolution and V)
Flag
Revolution was very badly written, especially in season 1, and V was far worse.
Flag
The news briefs told me I'd find out who she was playing if I came here. LIES~!!!
Flag
who even knows who she's going to play (i mean, who else is there other than Anna and Elsa? Somebody's evil daughter maybe? idk??) but I didnt nescesarly like her on V, and apparently she has a bad rep of always being in shows that get cancelled. So idk, I'm not that exited. Actually, I'm a little worried...
Flag
Lost wasn't canceled, but Juliet was annoying.
Flag
i'm only on season two of Lost so I wouldn't know. Plus I'm pretty sure Lost is the only one.
Flag
I have no idea what "Frozen' even is.
Flag
It's a great movie actually. It's done by Disney and in my opinion is them back at their best, I remember the little mermaid and mulan and other Classic Disney greats and how great they where this comes pretty close it's really quite lovely and in true Disney fashion an underline message of the bond of family.
Flag
I really liked her in Lost. BUT she is forgettable at best in other roles such as V and Revolution. And forgettable is being kind. I don't know what happened after her Lost role. Was it the writing or supporting cast? She has shown no acting ability since Lost.
I hope she is not the kiss of death for Once Upon A Time.
Flag
I really could care less about the FROZEN angle but love the casting choice of Elizabeth and recently Georgina Haig.
Flag
Ugh, she is the WORST! (Actually, I only ever watched her on V and she was just god-awful on that.)
Flag
now we she's on something decent and can forget the travesty that was Revolution.
Flag
She is a pleasure to watch on TV.
Flag
I like her, but oh, how I miss Revolution. :(
Flag
God DAMMIT. I was out, OUaT, I really was... but I love this woman. If she can play a great villain, I'll give it a go.
Flag
YES!!!! I'm so happy Elizabeth Mitchell will be back in my tv. I was devastated when she vanished along with Revolution.

Though I'm a bit disappointed she won't play Elsa - I wanted her to become a regular cast member. Still Georgina Haig is not a bad choice.
Flag
Great news. Always love Elizabeth.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members