An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)

Once Upon a Time S03E05: "Good Form"

“Good Form” zeroed in with laser-like focus on Captain Hook: his origins, his desires, his transition from being HRH’s navy officer with bowl-cut bangs to being a guyliner-addicted pirate in a leather frock coat. But before we discuss the episode, I just want to take moment to say that this show has one of the greatest casts ever. It’s easy to get an audience engaged in a hospital drama, but these actors get material every week that is just genuinely a hard sell (“You’re in Neverland holding a fireball. GO!”) and they often have to perform entire scenes opposite CGI, without the mental scaffolding of actual sets. And yet every week I am like tearing up and getting reeled in by their drama and loving every minute. Colin O’Donaghue is definitely a huge part of the awesome dynamic going on right now, and he really shone in this Hook-centered episode, so congrats. I just have one question, was this guy supposed to be Hook’s cousin or something? Were they related?

HAHAHA J/K they called each other “brother” in literally every line. I was letting it slide for the first scene but straight on through the entire episode, their dialogue was like “Brother, I am so glad you can be my leftenant AS WELL AS my brother, here is an amazingly complicated gift I got you, brother, in honor of the occasion.” “Brother you shouldn’t have! I will cherish it always, brother.” “You’re welcome, brother.” “Brother remember that time we both came out of the same woman’s womb?” “Haha, brother that is why we are brothers.” It was seriously that in every scene. I think it was just that neither one of them actually remembered the other one’s name and they didn't want to flat-out ask. (Older bro was Davy maybe? I loved his curls.)

Perhaps it’s only fitting, as this episode focused on a parallel set of epic bromances: a literal bromance between two brothers and the now legendary bromance between Captain Hook and Prince Charming, who was about to die from all the Sharpie doodles on his tummy.

No obviously those were poison-blackened veins and at the sight of them my panties DROPPED it became very clear Charming was on his last legs. Hook, knowing Charming was determined to die in the next 48 hours, conned him into going to retrieve a “gold sextant” from a mountaintop. There was no sextant up there, only magical curing waters that would save Charming’s life, but Hook knew Charming for some reason believed that he would be of far more use dead than alive to his wife and daughter. I mean, it makes no sense, but Charming thought the heroic thing to do would be to keel over, perish, and leave Snow and Emma to deal with a body and mind-bending grief in the middle of their rescue mission, rather than simply take a couple hours to heal himself. Thus Hook’s elaborate ruse, a scheme all the more noble because Charming was being a total judgy jerk to Hook the entire episode.

I mean I’m going to cut Charming a break because his insides were melting, but man was he a grouch! At one point he said his own twin brother had been a thief and a liar, and then in the same breath revealed that his brother had died before he had a chance to meet him. Well maybe he wasn’t a thief and a liar, dude?! Didn't your life become a lie when you started pretending to be him 24 hours a day 365 days a year?! Damn!

Charming’s incessant harangue against Hook/liars/everyone was all the harsher because the flashbacks were painting a portrait of Killian Jones pre-pirate as the very model of a modern naval gentleman, a ship-shape tip-top fellow in a spotless cream suit who railed against using rum for anything but Christmas Puddings and sacrificed everything for his big bro. Basically he was the opposite of who he is now: wearing all white instead of black, bangs instead of a pompadour, ten fingers instead of five. Intriguing! Who wouldn't be on this guy's side?

Hook and his bro were in possession of a giant CGI sail made out of Pegasus feathers that allowed their ship to FLY ITSELF TO NEVERLAND at the behest of the King. That Pegasus shit seriously came out of left field, but honestly we’ve had so many night scenes in Neverland this season it was a pleasure to see some daytime shots. I was soaking in those aquamarine CGI waves and flying galleons and loving it. No regrets. 

Meanwhile, back on land, while the boys were away bitches were getting shit done. Snow suggested they get proactive and kidnap a tween, and then Regina and Emma broke it down mom to mom that they were going to do whatever it took to get a message to Henry, so he wouldn’t feel abandoned and become a Lost Boy. Like many of the fans who are secretly convinced that Emma and Regina make out behind the banyan trees when the Charmings are asleep, it was hugely significant to me that Emma referred to Henry as “our son” and that she sided with Regina in vowing to use any means necessary, even dark ones, to get to Henry. And so our heroines were off to catch a tween boy with a f-cking net like an animal.

I did love how Regina tried to win the Lost Boy over initially with an Apollo chocolate bar and flashed him her crazy-eyed “Trust me!” smile. 

It was also a little reminder that of the three ladies, she’s the one who’s clocked the most actual parenting time… but as usual, her attempt to win over a boy with food went nowhere. There was only one way to get an ally “on the inside” and that was to pull the ol’ “rip out his heart and control him with it” trick—a decision Snow greatly opposed. Luckily Emma was not about to hear more self-sacrificing Charming mumbo jumbo, and HELD SNOW IN A WRESTLING LOCK while Regina did what she needed to do.

Emma restraining Snow while Regina pulled out the Lost Boy’s heart and equipped him with a magic mirror so they could contact Henry was a truly great, complex moment for the show. It was clear Emma was trusting Regina’s judgement over Snow’s, and she was effectively confirming that the selfless nature of the Charmings was weirdly self-defeating and ineffective. Just like Charming thought quietly dying was the best answer for his family, Snow was unwilling to temporarily puppet a Lost Boy to communicate with Henry, who was possibly in danger (although she had no trouble holding the same Lost Boy at arrow point?). It also validated Snow’s fear that Regina is “turning” Emma dark, and that in itself is an interesting concept. You could sympathize with every character in this scene, and that’s just the kind of nuanced conflict I long to see.

Regina also made an interesting remark once the deed was done: She basically said that she’s there to do the dirty work, her contribution is taking on the squeamish morally gray stuff that Emma and Snow can’t face, she is not the hero Gotham wants but the hero Gotham needs and deserves. Just that concept will have me thinking about Aristotelian ethics and moral philosophy for the rest of the week. And also, the morally gray stuff IMMEDIATELY paid off.

How adorable was it to see all three ladies talking to Henry in the mirror? This is perhaps the first time we have seen all three of these characters smiling at the same time and it was seriously like staring into a sun bed. I am going to print this shit out and put it in a locket.

Worryingly, Henry threw the mirror on the ground, breaking it instantly, once they’d made it clear they were on the island and coming for him. Presumably he broke the mirror to hide it from Pan, but who knows, maybe he LIKES having an all-powerful, godlike control over his surroundings. I can sort of see the appeal?

Back on Bro Mountain, we learned that Killian Jones Naval Whites Edition had been just straight-up against killing entire races of people with poison. Call him a pinko commie if you must, but he just conscientiously objected to mass murder. His brother had strict orders from the King to bring a magical cure-all plant back from Neverland, but a chance run-in with Pan and his mesh sleeves led to the shocking reveal that the cure-all was actually a deadly toxin! Hook believed Pan but his bro did not, and one of them turned out to be DEAD WRONG. (Meaning the brother poisoned himself almost immediately.)

Another shocking reveal: Pan looks a lot like a hot guy version of Taylor Swift, don’t you think? 

Just me? Just me? I don’t know whether this means they (Robbie Kay, Taylor Swift) should date or whether they should be legally prohibited from dating, I just know what I sees. Anyway, in exchange for promising to pay Pan somehow, someday for the cure, Pan pointed him toward the magical Neverland waters that restored Killian’s brother to life!

Unfortunately, as soon as they left Neverland, the magic wore off but the POISON DID NOT Big Bro Jones immediately died! It was so sad. 

And thus Hook had to break it to Charming: This water is sort of a stop-gap solution, it will save you only as long as you’re on Neverland, which is essentially angry tween purgatory. Josh Dallas was all, “Shut up and put that water in my mouth already,” and I think we all breathed a sigh of relief as he recovered. And then Hook said he'd done it all for Emma. Captain Swan hearts fluttered and who can blame them, it was a crushingly romantic statement for him to make.

And then it was kissin’ time. Dear LORD was it kissin’ time! Charming tippled half of Hook’s rum in a gesture of thanks... 

...(um, never thank me that way. Liquor:me::dragons:Daenerys Targaryen) and he and Snow kissed SO HARD. 

Kind of adorbs. And then of course Killian did his saucy little moment with Emma where he was like, “Thank me, why don’t you, with a big ol' kiss,” and Emma was like, “You couldn’t handle it oh wait HANDLE IT.” And then the sound completely dropped out and many a lip-touching was made. Lips were all over lips!

OUAT was wise and diplomatic enough in making Emma be both like “This is a one-time thing for services rendered, don’t follow me out of this grove of trees, don’t think you’re my boyfriend now,” and yet also having her pant afterwards like she’d just finished a five-mile run, which I’m sure was super gratifying for Hook and Emma fans. But I continue to be stunned that the promos spoiled this so hard leading up to the episode. Like, wouldn’t it presumably be more fun for Hook and Emma fans to see this moment happen as a surprise? Didn’t you sort of miss that dramatic tension? Why did ABC spoil this kiss so hard? I do wonder if they got some note from the network that was all like “Okay sure Mulan can be bisexual, but that means you better put some hot hetero lovin’ in press materials MMKAY.” I mean I don’t think I’m spilling industry secrets here when I say that Disney has test marketing down to a really exact science, and for the kiss to be that heavily featured is significant.

Anyway. Final things we learned: After the death and abrupt burial at sea of his brother, things escalated quite quickly in Killian’s naval-officer-to-pirate transformation. 

There was a sense of whiplash to how fast he was like, “May my brother rest in peace, the King is to blame for his death and now we will GIVE OUR ENEMIES NO QUARTER FLY THE SCARLET FLAG LET’S GO MAKE SOME RUM DOES ANYBODY HAVE ACCESS TO PLEATHER AND A SEWING MACHINE?” Sure, they laid the emotional groundwork, but it was such an abrupt turn. I think we could've just as easily seen Hook tell one of his mates, “We’re going... off course. From now on we sail as… the Jolly Roger.” And we could have filled in the blanks.

But yes, ultimately this Boy’s Night Out of an episode gave some much needed screen time to Josh Dallas—who I genuinely love and who got sort of overlooked for a lot of Season 2—and Colin O'Donoghue, who again is a superlative actor, and I really enjoyed getting to spend time with them. Henry’s transition into Lost Boy is definitely subtle but worrisome, and of course the obvious question is, who did they hang Neal up next to? And will Hook tell Emma that Neal is on the island? And OMG is Emma in love with Hook now? These are all the questions we are supposed to be thinking. And I have a few of my own below.

QUESTIONS:

... Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma?

... How will Charming’s new dependence on Neverland effect the exit strategy?

... Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: related?

... How soon until Henry is a full-on Lost Boy?

... Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker?

... WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?!

273 Comments
Comments (273)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I so love your recaps. They never fail to make laugh out loud. It's like having two episiodes of OUAT to watch a week. Thank you :)
Flag
I think that Hook's brother is known as Davey Jones Locker in the underworld
Flag
I'm guessing Henry will become just 'LOst Boy' enough to be conflicted between them and his family when they finally do get to him, but will ultimately choose the family. Or choose the other guys and then regret it or choose them to trick them into letting their guard down or something like that.
Flag
I had a real hard time holding back a burst of laugh when I read the whole brother paragraph, on my workplace! I haven't followed the recaps in TV.com in a while (I came back because of Price) but I think I should have kept following Lily. I'm also very lucky that both of these fun recappers follow and like several shows that I eagerly watch myself.

I loved this episode, Hook is definitely one of the best characters, never was a Charming fan. I'm conflicted about this love triangle because I also think MRJ is awesome (though his character here obviously isn't as good as Hook is). But at least I'm interested!

Also, never saw a kissy spoiler, was honestly shocked, in a good way I guess, still suffering from some aftermath.
Flag
I'm so in love with Pan *_____*
Flag
My niece had a great comment: "Ursula is Regina's Halloween costume"
Flag
There is some chance that Greg Mendell is the one locked up in the first box. He hadn't been shot or stabbed - he had his shadow ripped off. Rumple cut off his shadow, but he's still alive.

Flag
i'm sure hook's brother's the one hanging next to neal! oh and that was a great episode : the more we see hook, the better! I ship him and emma so bad, if the producers or writers ever come to read this comment : please don't make neal and emma a endgame , it would suck soooo bad
Flag
Hook's brother is dead 300 years before.
Flag
yes I know that, but i think there's something more to the story! like Pan (or the shadow) came and took his body, and once his body was in Neverland again he came back to life! (but ya, maybe i'm wrong and i went too far in my reasoning) (ps: sorry if my sentence doesn't really makes sense, i'm french)
Flag
Hook's brother scratched himself with that poisonous branche and died almost instantly. Charming had a flesh wound from an arrow with the same poison and is walking around for four episodes now.

Can anybody explain this to me?

Flag
Some liquids deteriorate over time (leave your soda bottle open overnight!). Plus the vertical scratch up the forearm is a classic method of opening veins. I figured the poison circulated much more quickly that way, instead of having to work its way in like Charming's
Flag
his bro gave himself like a foot long scratch all the way up his arm. didn't charming just get nicked? either way, didn't make a whole lot of sense.
Flag
This was one of your funniest, Lily. I laughed for a good 5 minutes at "Tee hee hee?" "Yo ho ho." and loved the "STFU grownups are talking". So good.
Flag
I laughed a great deal myself. It's still not Price, but Lily is getting pretty damn good at these photo review captions!
Flag
it was good to see some backstory on Hook
Flag
Lol the photo comments kill me!! XD
Flag
I think this episode proves just how much Regina has matured as a person overt he course of the series, now that she has something of a family. Season 1 Regina, in this same situation, would've skipped the chocolate bribery and gone straight to the cardiac manipulation. And then she would've squeezed it until it popped immediately after she was done with it.
Flag
... Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma?
On the one hand it's totally immoral as the boy will have to experience no-emotions and this is a bad -even if temporary- situation (however I'm not sure if the particular boy did feel any emotions anyway). On the other hand, there was no other solution and it was necessary to reach Henry fast, so I guess this is a grey area, a small sacrifice. However, there is still the problem that we can't really trust Regina. Sure, she won't harm Henry but nothing stops her from smashing the heart of somebody that is useless to her. I don't think that Emma gets corrupted, but it seems quite stupid of her to trust Regina after everything that happened.

... Showing the kiss in episode previews: [...] (Blames episode previews, and then...) ... WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?!
WTH, I don't watch trailers. ARG! Why did you do that? T_T
Flag
Awesome review!

Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma?

Yes, Emma made the right choice, since the taking of the heart is only temporary, and doing things Snow's way would not have yielded any results.

How will Charming’s new dependence on Neverland effect the exit strategy?

Perhaps Snow and Charming will be forced to remain in Neverland, and we won't have to endure their sickening optimism anymore? One can only hope!

(Alas, I am sure they will find a way to get Charming out of Neverland.)

Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: related?

They do look a lot alike!

How soon until Henry is a full-on Lost Boy?

Well, when one considers how quickly he was able to hear the music that Pan played, it will probably be fairly soon. (I mean, look how quickly Hook turned into a pirate. The writers make things happen too quickly.)

Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker?

I wish they hadn't spoiled it!

WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?!

WTF, indeed! I think that it's a terrible idea.

I love all of your captions... especially the Emma/Hook kiss ones!

My theories for who/what is in the other cage:
1/ The Lost Boy without a heart (perhaps Pan discovered he had been compromised?)
2/ Rumple's shadow

I hope that Hook does tell Emma about Neal, but I don't want Emma to end up with Neal. Nobody in their right mind would get back together with someone that let them go to prison because somebody showed up with a typewriter in a case that said they knew their true identity. Pfft!
More+
Flag
I agree with almost every thing except who's in the cage. I think it may be Ariel. I don't like Neil and Emma together for me it doesn't work, I think she has more spark with hook
Flag
I like the scene when Hook and Charming came back from the mountain and the girls were like: Emma drew a sword, Snow with the arrow, and Regina with the fireball in a very comic bookish, campy manner. :)
Flag
One of my favourite scenes it was cleverly done
Flag
I dunno but the rum incident at the end seemed really strange. Hook seems disappointed that Regina didn't drink any and then pleased when Emma does. What if its not actually rum but some kind of neverland/pirate magic that Hook drinks. Maybe reading too much into it, but the acting seemed hint-y.
Flag
I agree. At the time I wondered if Hook was tricking them into all drinking the same healing concoction that will also force them to stay on the island. (I don't see any sensible motive for Hook doing this - especially trapping Emma - but then the writers could always pull something out of thin air...perhaps everyone is actually in purgatory? :-) But it did seem like 'This Is A Big Moment' kinda moment...
Flag
You could be right- he's offered Emma rum before, but he didn't react that way when she drank it.
Flag
I think it's a trust thing. Drinking from his flask means they trust and accept him.
Regina is way too cool for that, tho.
Flag
First of all, Lily, thank you for another great review. My daughter and I gleefully read them and "LOL" the rest of the day.
Ok, what happened to Emma's "secret power" of being able to detect lying? Wouldn't she be able to discern that David was being less-than honest? (And remember last season when everyone thought that Regina killed Jiminy Cricket? When Regina said she was innocent, Emma didn't believe her.).
Also, I agree with those who have been disturbed by Pan's waggley eyebrows. He stemmed to tone it down this episode.
I wish the Emma/Hook kiss had not been previewed. This was finally such a good episode and I rewound that scene, oh, four or five times!
Flag
I love the thought of Regina being Ursula, I'm just picturing her down there messing with those fishes and especially Ariel. Too damn funny.
Flag
You tell the most funniest recaps lol. This is my new favorite spot. LOL. I uploaded a small clip in my review: http://storybrookelane.blogspot.com/2013/10/recap-good-form.html nothing funny like yours but still.
Flag
It was nice episode about Hook. A few things i had written down ....his brothers name was Davy Jones...wasn't that the name of the captain in Pirates of the caribbean??? So he is from England and has been stuck for a lot of years i guess at Neverland....anyway, it can give a headache....
It was nice to see him differently then the dark handsome Pirate he is...
His brother died, because he left the Island...Now Charming cannot leave the island...
I wonder if Hook is going to tell about Neal to Emma...
the Kiss...well it was ok, wished i was Emma for a second there..hihihihihihi...
Regina was so cool...finally she ripped someones heart out again...but i think this forest thing has made her soft...she was more wicked and stronger, when she was in storybrooke.....but she managed to bring hope to our little (stupid) friend Henry..
that kid annoys me so badly...actually from the first season he did...
Flag
Liam Jones, not Davy Jones.
Flag
Really my bad....hahahaha i was already wondering, how that was possible....hahahaha thanks!!
Flag
A brief question: Hook's brother name is Davy Jones (if my memory serves me well) so are we gonna have a Flying Dutchman storyline?
Flag
I wish, but turns out his name is actually Liam.
Flag
Question about Hook: Is he from England or another magical world? Because if he is from England, then he must have been in Neverland for over 100 years.....?

I do understand the Pegasus feathers though seeing as Hercules and Little Mermaid are both Disney movies and are Greek mythology based. So it makes sense...if they actually get to those stories.

Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: How did I not see that before! Twins!
Flag
The Little Mermaid is a Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, actually. So not Greek mythology -- but you're right about the Hercules movie, of course.
Flag
I believe Adam Horowtiz said on Twitter that he's from FTL/another world....not from our England?
Flag
I don't think he's from England. However, he was in Neverland for 100+ years. Hook went to Neverland very shortly (no more than a few years) after Bae came to our world, which was sometime in the Victorian period. And it seems he did not return from Neverland until the present time.

I forgot about the Disney Hercules movie - that makes more sense now :)
Flag
Ah Hook. I very much like the Captain Swan ship despite being part of the group "who are secretly convinced that Emma and Regina make out behind the banyan trees when the Charmings are asleep," or at least that's the dream. Ohh I know three's a partaay!
Flag
Stray thoughts- Maybe Bae had to become Neal in order to understand his own father?

is Snow being such a goody-goody because she's trying to keep HER heart from getting any darker? Regina isn't necessarily corrupting Emma with her tactics; but oh the path of least resistance! Street-smart Emma's the necessary "grey" between Snow White and the Evil Queen Regina- we relate to Emma partly because that's the real world most of us live in.

Pan probably swims in that magical pool every morning- if he's bonded to Neverland, maybe he needs Henry to restore its magic so he can keep on living? Entropy eventually catches up... kipple!
Flag
Is Snow being such a goody-goody because she's trying to keep HER heart from getting any darker?

I say yes. I think she was extremely freaked out when Regina showed her the blood clot dark spot growing inside her heart. She's gotta keep up her cavity-inducing sweetness front for both Emma and Regina.

If he's bonded to Neverland, maybe he needs Henry to restore its magic so he can keep on living

Again, I agree. Maybe it's not so much restoring the magic of the fountain as making the magic of the water stronger so he can try to bewitch/enslave orphaned adults with his floot of magique? Pan has a bigger plan than what we've seen thus far, but at least the writers are giving us pieces of the puzzle.
Flag
Just want to say I like the idea of Emma and Hook but I get how she and he can be shipped with just about anyone and the chemistry on that show is amazing. Good call OUAT. However I want to point out something that just does bug me. Emma, in the course of 1 day, has stated she misses and loved Neil then starts to notice and lust after Hook? Even if there had been an episode in between to give some time it might be more believable but I have no idea how to even begin to believe this. However I'll hold on blindly to the chemistry.

Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma?

God Bless Emma she's just like us! Angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other! The eternal struggle of whether to be good or bad. Things is we're all good and bad to certain degrees - it's not healthy to be whiter than white or have a heart of darkness. We're constantly in between. We have lines we don't cross but we're in situations where others force our hand and we have to be strong enough to fight back, however you must. Snow is there to pull her back where Regina doesn't fear to tread.

No idea. But magic has a price and is all around them so who's gonna fix it and what price will they pay?

... Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: related?

Yes.

He's pretty much their king. No longer has to live in the saviours shadow? Not the only one in his family that can perform magic? Doesn't have to say sorry? He's in.

... Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker?

I think there should be some excellent spoilers kept back and a few spoilers let loose. Know that a game changing emotionally charged scene is one to hold back. I worry they think they need the publicity and it's not as popular as it was when they do this :( But really think there should have been another episode between this to really let Emma start to rely on Hook/ see him in a slightly different light/ have a revelation/ become aware that Neil left her and got engaged to another woman rather than find her and love her (learn to cope through hating him rather than missing him.)
More+
Flag
I forgot to add 'as you wish' - another nice one OUAT ;)
Flag
Also, any way you could do the reviews for Revenge? The new person has no feel for it.
Flag
Love your kiss reactions for Hook and Emma. I really think Hook and Emma has more chemistry than Emma and Neil. I mean really, did they ever seem any good together?
Flag
What was significant to me was how Regina was shooting down Emma's thoughts practically before she could even voice them, like you would to do someone you thought was too stupid to breathe, Those two really hate each other.
Flag
Ah, another show to make good use of the pronounciation of "Leftenant". (Yes Lily, I saw what you did there.) I approve.
Flag
{THIS SHIP SAILS ITSELF} JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!! GREAT EPISODE.. MY FAVORITE SCENE WAS WHEN REGINA RIP THE LOST BOY HEART AND EMMA HOLD SNOW WHITE!!!!!!! I don't ship captain swam per say.... But when a Kiss IS HOT... IS HOT!!!!!!!!! I want Hook to say that Neal is alive but not for Emma...BUT FOR HIMSELF... I want to know if his love for baelfire is as strong as his feelings for emma!!!!!! Next week ARIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND URSULA???????????????????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Sorry, but I'm imagining you typing this whilst wearing underpants on your head.
Flag
JJAJAJAJAJA Fair Point.
Flag
Right choice obviously. I really don't know what the fuss is all about, she didn't kill the boy!

Hopefully he'll be stranded there with Snow. I can't stand them.

Sorry, I don't see the resemblance. But this boy has to seriously rethink his facial expressions. What the hell is going on with his eyebrows moving all the time?

Not long, I hope.

... Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker?
I didn't watch the previews, so it was a surprise to me. But I agree, you can't throw this major event in a preview. It's a spoiler!

Whaa?
Flag
1. We were so close - and yet Charming is going to live :( Fingers crossed he stays in Neverland.

2. When I saw the picture of Emma and Snow with "Sorry Ma just wanna see Henry b4 he turns 28" line - I immediately thought about an alternative description:

Emma: I love you SO much!
Snow: Please, don't touch me...

3. I loved Emma and Hook kiss - go Team Captain Swan!

Also "Tee hee hee?" - "Yo Ho Ho" is just awesome.

4. Charming should be glad he survived Snow's kiss.

5. Poor Pegasuses :(

Questions:

1. Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma?

It was the right decision.

2. How will Charming’s new dependence on Neverland effect the exit strategy?

He will stay on the island I hope.

4. Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: related?

That's a very distubing thought...

5. How soon until Henry is a full-on Lost Boy?

Next episode?

6. Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker?

I didn't see the preview.

7. WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?!

Er... what?

I liked "Good Form" - it was better then the previous episode, Thanks for review, Lily.
More+
Flag
I can stand Charming most of the time, it's Snow I want to stay behind.
Flag
What the hell! Captian hook became captain hook b/c of that? K fine! But what about the ppl on his ship? Didn't THEY have families they were hoping to go home to after this? B/c some dude's bro dies they're all "nah, By (Prob) England! See u never!"
Flag
No, I believe Killian Jones became Captain Jones because of his brother's death. Captain Jones became Captain Hook because of Milah's death and Rumple cutting off his hand.

As for the other bit, I know... maybe they're not allowed to have families or something (like be married or have children, obviously they have parents...)
Flag
He said that they were going to take what they wanted. Sounds like a pirate to me. And I'm pretty sure he was already a pirate when he met Rump and his wife.
Flag
Last time I checked being a Captain doesn't mean you can't be a pirate. Captain Jack Sparrow? Lieutenant Jones becomes captain of a pirate ship after his brother's death, thus turning him into Captain Jones (the pirate). But he doesn't become Captain Hook until Milah's Death.
Flag
First, Lily, love the review, as always. Will you explain the new avatar? Am I missing a TV reference? (The little face looks like a very sad Tinkerbell.)

Second, I find that I enjoy the show more when it doesn't try to make big, sweeping connections between events that simply don't connect - I can forgive their illogic, and even their overuse of McGuffins, as long as they are just 'WTF who cares?' about it.

To Lily's Qs:

1. In any world, sometimes the end justifies the means - depending on the means. Regina is doing no lasting harm, and accomplishing a great deal. I found the moment satisfying when they were actually able to 'roll up their sleeves' and get something done!
2. How Charming will leave: See overuse of McGuffin above...although it may also involve some sacrifice on the part of either Hook or Regina.
3. Peter Pan and Taylor Swift: Doppelgangers! (And the bookmakers would set odds that they eventually will date :-)
4. Will Henry find his Dark Side: Hope so! Would make for some rich material between him and his 2 muthas.
5. The Kiss: I think the creators are trying to keep the show afloat by putting it on any Ship what will raise ratings. And as this is an Uber Hetero-Normative show, yes, having stuck their toe into the water of actual sexual diversity, I think it was probably a wise marketing decision to spam the hell outta The Kiss. Would it have been more emotionally satisfying had they teased it in a more subtle way? Sure. But hey, what show are we talkin 'bout here?
6. Personally, I believe that this whole cast deserves official commendations for loyalty and skill. But Lana is clearly the break-out star - and I believe she has expressed a desire to play Ursula. So she will. (As Ursula IS such a great villain, I wish they had cast her separately so she could end up a rich character in her own right - but then again, I'm sure that it will be fun watching Lana in the role.)

See ya'll next week, same place, same time :-)
More+
Flag
Staff
Yes that is right avatar is Childlike Empress from Neverland. She's the one whose all "SAY MY NAME BASTIAN"
Flag
Her icon is the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story . Not sure if people responded or not (people are usually quick about things like that on the internet;), but it doesn't seem they directly responded to this post.
Flag
Thanks, gals!
Flag
All in all, I enjoyed this episode. Am I slightly biased because I'm in love with a certain lieutenant turned pirate? Yes. (That accent... mmm.)

ONE THING I'm seriously happy about is that there was absolutely no Rumple in this episode. Not because I don't like him as a character (I love him actually) and not because I don't like Robert Carlyle (love him too), but because this episode was all about Killian/Hook's transformation. Having no Rumple in this episode really forced it home that Hook is moving on. That revenge (which he spent 300 years obsessed over) is no longer the most important thing in his life.

Questions:
I think so. The Charming's aren't always willing to do all that is necessary in order to achieve their goals because they're so influenced by doing "what is right" all the time. I really enjoyed this, because I think it will help prove to Snow and CharmCharm that doing something bad isn't going to make you turn pure evil. It also made for an interesting dynamic between Emma and Snow. (I LOVED THAT SCENE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY)

I either feel like when we get "The New Neverland" (3x10) there is a possibility of the way magic works on the island changing, and Charms is allowed to stay. Otherwise (and this would be so emotional), I think Hook is going to sacrifice himself in some way so that David can go with his family back to Storybrooke(or Enchanted Forest?).

Robbie has better eyebrows.

I don't know... I feel like they'll rescue him in time. Though I am actually enjoying this new side to Henry.

I hated it, but then I also loved it. I mean, I understand why they did it. It certainly got tons of people talking about the show. Tbh, there was so much else I was looking forward to about this episode that I didn't mind them spoiling the kiss too much.

It certainly is weird seeing Regina with blond hair. But good for Lana, I'm glad she's getting to play one of her favorite fairy tale characters.
More+
Flag
AFFECT the exit strategy. AFFECT the exit strategy.
Flag
That's cool. I don't really understand why you bothered to reply to my comment though. I literally copy and pasted those questions from the article straight to my comment. The mistake was already in the article.
Flag
Mary Margaret would give you an A+ for your acumen in English grammar :-)
Flag
I know everyone is really excited about hook and emma but I have to be the voice of logic(dangerous I know) .Did we all forget how old Hook is compared to Emma. In earth years the man is ancient. He may look young but mentally he is only a little younger than Rumple. In fact he's trying to sleep with Emma who is in love Neal . Hook was sleeping with Neal mom when neal was a baby. Anyone just find this whole thing kinda creepy.Also why do we harp on Regina parenting she is the only one who actually raised a kid .That make her the only real parent in this show
Flag
Sure it may be a little weird, but I've always looked at the whole age issue as him just having been suspended in time. Like you aren't growing, you aren't exactly maturing... It's sort of like he's been living a groundhog day over and over but in his mind he is still young.

Props to you for not calling Hook, Henry's Grandfather. Seriously pisses me off when people do that. Like, Emma was not married to Neal. Hook was not married to Milah. Sure they were both love interests of each other, but that doesn't make Emma and Hook's relationship creepy.

Same with you on Regina. I think she does get harped on, but we need to also remember that just because she had a tragic past doesn't mean she is automatically excused from doing anything bad. She has cared for Henry, she raised him, and I think she truly loves Henry. Although, we can't forget that she made him think he was crazy and forced him to go to therapy because he knew the truth about the curse.
Flag
But I continue to be stunned that the promos spoiled this so hard leading up to the episode. Like, wouldn’t it presumably be more fun for Hook and Emma fans to see this moment happen as a surprise? Didn’t you sort of miss that dramatic tension?

YES EXACTLY! i KNOW IT TOTALLY RUINED IT FOR ME! I first got spoiled from a header on a fanfic for an author I subscribe to (thus I get email alerts to her work) right on the Thursday after 3.03 aired (yes the date has been seared into me). (There was a tumblr pic release?) It was right in the description line of the fic. And I lamented for the whole week being spoiled as such to my bff and myself . And then I came to terms since it was only a few days til the ep aired til I realized it was spoiling me for the episode FOLLOWING that one. I was sad and pissed and all types of emotions.
I haven't shipped a tv couple this hard in about ten years so it meant a lot. And I have been in the woes of who Emma will end up with thanks to the writers in the Bae/Emma/Killian love triangle. And at the end of 3.03 Neal made it to the Neverland and I was pissed, upset, and once again fretting for what this means for Emma&Killian. (In my prediction/fantasy plot, I had Neal going back to Storybrooke while Hook got to bond with Emma's family, win them over, be the hero, win more of Emma's affections before they have to face Neal.) So I got to be all anxious (and yes while nail-biting, its what makes watching television exciting) until boom SUPER SPOILER ruining the next two weeks for me and dampening what could have been a wondrous, heart-palpating moment one that I've been waiting for as a viewer. So yeah it blew.

Does this mean I can no longer watch trailers? No longer read my email? Don't know what I should do. Its in the same vein as trailers that would say "And someone dies next week!" I don't want to know this I want to be suprised or crushed when the moment occurs. And history tells us, a seer life sucks why would I which it for myself?
And FOR ALL YOU FANCTION WRITERS OUT THERE: yes some of us are addicted to OUAT like crack addicts, huffing all fanfiction we can get our hands on, subcribing all that we can so we can inject ourselves right away. But that doesn't mean all of us want to be spoiled on plot! Now for myself, I don't mind that you have the spoiler in the fic as you don't blatantly tell me its part of the a future episode's plot and thus I think its just your own prediction or something you want to happen. (Sometimes I will also read it if you just say spoiler ahead and don't tell me what it is. So if Emma gets a new kitten and say gets trampled by a horse forever paralyzed, I can choose to believe the kitten is the true part (or course I will hate that i read it thinking that the true part would be the paralyzed part but at least it still would be uncertain.))

Why did ABC spoil this kiss so hard? I do wonder if they got some note from the network that was all like “Okay sure Mulan can be bisexual, but that means you better put some hot hetero lovin’ in press materials MMKAY.”

That's what I think. Either that or they are being stupid and doing that "AND SOMEONE WILL DIE NEXT EPISODE" routine. And even worse that scene happened in the last 10min of the show not at the very beginning so it ruined the big moment for the end not to mention it might of had others not caring what happened in the ep cause they just wanted the kiss. So big mistake all around.
More+
Flag
I don't have much to add, I loved this episode, and your recap was hilarious and spot-on, Lily. I loved the boys' adventure and bromance, I loved the girls getting it done while they were gone. Yeah, the three of them beaming at Henry through the mirror was seriously, ridiculously awesome and cute.

I so enjoyed more of Hook's backstory, I hope we get even more flashbacks of him, especially on Neverland. Also, I really hope, at some point - either in flashbacks or at the present time - that we can get a little more enmity between Hook and Pan. I know they kind of tolerated each other in the past (apparently), and that's kind of a cool twist, but the two of them as enemies is such a classic. I mean, I kind of want to see them duel, you know? I'd just like to see a serious showdown between Pan and Hook.

Also, the bit at the end, with Pan telling Hook that Neal is alive, should have pissed me off, but it's such a good character dilemma that I kind of love it. I'm excited to see what Hook does with the information. Though I still really, really don't want Neal/Emma, and for that reason, I'm willing to keep those two apart, storyline-wise, for as long as possible. It does worry me though, because I can't help but feel that this makes Hook and Emma doomed. Either he doesn't tell her, she falls for him seriously, and then dumps him when she finds out he kept it from her (which she will), or he tells her sooner rather than later, and she remains "in love" with Neal. Which is why I'm still desperately hoping Neal will fall for someone else. Ariel. Tinkerbell. Seriously, anyone.

Speaking of, I'm betting Neal's new cell buddy is either Ariel or Prince Eric, if Eric happens to be in Neverland.

Did Emma make the right decision...?
Yeah, I think so. Maybe that's a little cold, but presumably, Lost Boy will get his heart back, and honestly, Pan and his boys are straight up willing to kill them. So boys or not, they got to fight back.

Also, I love how this episode kind of questioned whether the Charmings' noble way of doing things is really the best way, all the time. I mean, I like the both of them, but they have been kind of annoying lately, with all their platitudes, yet not getting anything done or being very helpful. Instead, this week, Regina and Hook stepped up and actually got things done, and I liked it.

How will Charming's new dependence on Neverland affect the exit strategy? I don't know, and I am super intrigued. I like it, because even though Charming was healed - and he was gonna have to be, sooner than later - he's still not totally out of the woods yet, and his storyline continues. I am kind of wondering if rescuing Henry is also going to involve our heroes dealing with Pan "once and for all" - maybe Neverland will be destroyed, and Charming will be able to leave? (Although magic-wise that doesn't make much sense, but this show never makes sense magic-wise). Maybe Rumple's sacrifice will somehow come into play? I mean, we know David is going to get to leave eventually, so something's gotta happen.

Showing the kiss in episode previews? You know, at first I didn't get why fans were annoyed, but then when I watched the episode, I was definitely annoyed. As a HUGE Captain Swan fan, it would've been so much better to be surprised by it. So yeah. Kind of pissed about that.

WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?! Yeah, that's a little weird. Although I'm glad the writers remembered that Regina made a one-line reference to Ariel waaaaay back in Season 1, and that she will therefore be involved in Ariel's backstory.
More+
Flag
Wow, I've been trying to figure out for so long why he looked so familiar. Thank you!
Flag
I sure wish Henry would drink the waters and stay on the Island
One less annoying boy to worry about :)
Flag
Y'know.....I think we've been here a little too long and I'm starting to zone out. These leafy jungle backgrounds that all look the same are getting old. The wheels have just been spinning and spinning on these plots....they're no closer to rescuing Henry from the Dark Side than they were in the second episode of the season and I'm guessing there will be at least six more before they find him.

I'm bored. When Bob's Burgers comes back next week, I'm splitting for the animated coast.
Flag
While I mostly enjoyed this episode I had many issues with it. However, I'll just address the Snow/Emma/Regina dynamic in this episode, which was the best thing we've seen this season - imo.

As good as their scenes were, I'm tired of hearing Snow bitch and moan about hearts going dark and how she knows- stop right there. She doesn't know anything. She had Regina call Cora, yes, and she slapped Gepetto, but apparently that was enough for her to regain her sunny disposition and be her self-righteous self again. So really, spare me the speeches.

Emma and Regina surprised me. After hearing both Lana and Morrison talk time and time again about how their characters had a deep understanding of each other and would learn to trust each other's desire to save Henry, we've seen none of that in 5 episodes. Suddenly, Emma is siding with Regina and getting tired of the peaceful route the Charmings and Hook have been leading them on. Wasn't she the leader? Couldn't she have taken that choice 4 episodes ago? Why do we have to wait for the men to leave the group in order to see the women shine?

I need for this show to start putting the writing where their mouth is and stop telling fans how to feel, what to think and what to ship. You want people excited about Swan Fire? Write a compelling, well developed story for them, don't turn Neal into a sanctimonious hero who can do no wrong, when he's been consistently written as a selfish douche who was going to marry someone else 2 days ago. You want people to get excited about Regina possibly corrupting Emma? Have them interact in a way that would suggest so.

Just develop those stories for once, instead of explaining them all off-screen. We'll all be better off that way.
More+
Flag
AMEN to all this.
Flag
Well, to be fair, the plan was to capture a lost boy before the men even left camp. It could have went down the exact same way, just that Hook would have had to restrain David. In retrospect, David might have even went along with it, he's not as moral as Snow. He definitely has a dark streak.

And I didn't find Emma's decision unbelievable. A little surprising, but in a good way. We've already seen how frustrated she is with the whole situation. She had a little nervous breakdown last episode. At this point she just wants Henry back and to get the hell out of dodge and it's not like she automatically agreed with Regina. They tried threatening and coercing the boy, it didn't work. Once the boy revealed that Henry was becoming corrupt, I knew she would do whatever it took. And even still, she debated internally before making the decision to side with Regina.
Flag
It's partly a group dynamic thing- if Snow and Charming stand together, it's been hard for Regina to get her opinion heard (snarky comments excepted). They reinforce each other, and play guilt trip on Emma to get her to agree. One of the topics my friends and I have been discussing since the first season is that the characteristics which make you a hero in fairy tales are likely to get you killed in the present day- and David proved that last night...
Flag
I meant *kill Cora, sorry.
Flag
"She had Regina call Cora." had me cracking up when I read it.

Snow: "YOU'LL CALL HER DAMN IT! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT."
Regina: "Geeze calm down Snow. Go have a pow-wow with your dwarves or something."
Snow: "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN YOU B*TCH. CALL YOUR FREAKING MOTHER OR I WILL CALL HER FOR YOU."
Flag
"Killian Jones Naval Whites Edition"---LOL!!!!

The episode was good one and at times funny. I thought that Killian and his bro talk was so annoying. We get it; you're brothers, enough already.It’s as if they really didn't like each other, but decided to fake it, in order to follow orders like any good soldier would do. But come on, it was just so annoying; I had to switch to the NFL game to get away from it.

Henry using his 'powers' was intriguing.He didn't know he had it right, right?I'm wondering if he had got only it from his Mom and Dad, but not Regina.That's quite a head scratcher there.

Neverland as a child always creeped me out. I see why people want to leave; it’s a terrible place to live.

Other than that, Emma, Regina and Snow all smiles, even for a bit were good to see.
Also, I think that Emma and Hook couldn't handle each other.It'd be combustible elements of epic proportions if they really did the deed.Make it happen ABC.

Can I haz chocolate bar too? :P

Did Emma make the right choice in allowing Regina to tear out the Lost Boy’s heart, or is Regina having a corruptive influence on Emma? I think Emma made the right choice.Think of it this way, if you're a Mother and you are trying to find your child and he's in the area around you somewhere and there is only one way to get in contact with him, even it's not the best kind, you jump at that ****.
Regina is not really having that much of an influence on Emma, as Emma has made some questionable decisions in her life before she met Regina, so...

How will Charming’s new dependence on Neverland affect the exit strategy? Someone will have to be left behind and if its lip gloss man and whisper one more time to piss me off, then I have no issue with it.

On the real though, somehow and some way, someone will 'switch' places with him and let him leave Neverland and that person will stay.

Robbie Kay and Taylor Swift: related? I don't think so. He's got broad shoulders though. If she does, then they are so related.

How soon until Henry is a full-on Lost Boy? I give in 2 more weeks. He WILL be corrupted.

Showing the kiss in episode previews: You didn’t mind a bit, or you wish it could have been a Ross-and-Rachel-type shocker? It should have been teased. Sexual tension in any form on TV is always great up until the follow up.If you're going to have these people make out, then you best not let them make out for like a few more months or so, or at least sneak kisses, to keep the good stuff for later.

WTF Regina as Ursula?!?!?! Girl, I could watch her all day as Ursula. She looked MARVELOUS.
More+
Flag
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to adore those dazzling smiles. Is that even the first time we've seen all of their faces in the same shot?
Flag
I think that was the first since they got there.
Flag
Questions:

1) I think she made the right choice. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. They were never going convert any of the Lost Boys to their side, so this was the logical next stop. Plus, now they have their own little spy which I'm sure will definitely come in handy.

2) Bringing Charming home will definitely be a big deal, but I think we need more back story on how Neal and Hook escaped Neverland to develop a hypothesis. I hope they finish Hook's story because how did he even return to Neverland if he burned the Pegasus sail? It would make more sense if he decided to go back for revenge and got stuck there.

3) Meh, cousins maybe.

4) Not sure, I'm still confused. If Henry is the "truest believer" how can he lose faith so easily? And isn't that counter productive to Pan's interest? I really hope they explain what Pan gains from brainwashing these boys.

5) It should have been a shocker. Maybe we could have got a clip of them talking, but they didn't need to show the actual kiss. It ruined the moment.

6) Meh Regina has her hand in too much already. I feel like Pan should be the villain since Ariel is in Neverland. Or they should have an actual Ursula that Regina is connected to. She knew Maleficient so it's not like Ursula would be far fetched. We all know they have Legion of FTL Villain meetings anyway lol

Charming is an idiot, I wanna smack him. Hook should have told Emma and Snow the truth. "So this guy's an idiot and thinks dying is a good idea. I know of a temporary cure though so we're gonna go on a field trip while you guys take care of this message business. We can worry about the temporary part later, okay? Be back soon!"
More+
Flag
Would Emma have kissed him then? I doubt it.
Flag
Considering how awkward she made that, I'm not sure if I care. I like Hook, but wow Emma is just... What was that? "You can't handle it." Really expected Jack Nicholson to come out from behind a tree.
Flag
Hook returned to Neverland via the magic bean, which we saw at the end of the "Crocodile" episode in Season 2. After Rumple killed Mila. He seemed pretty familiar with magic beans, and I suspect it was not the first time he'd world-hopped with them.
Flag
Didn't Hook ask Emma in the episode "Tallahassee" whether or not that was her 1st beanstalk (which would imply that that wasn't his 1st)? I realize we've already met Jack (or is it Jaci? Jacq?), but maybe Hook has a bigger part of the magical bean storyline than we think?
Flag
While I did forget that moment, I get the feeling that there's more to it than just that. As you said, he was familiar with them. I'm sure the story between him and Pan is a lot deeper than that.
Flag
Well, Hook must have spent around 100+ years in Neverland (before the present time), so I'm sure there's more to their history too.
Flag
Umm, they showed how he returned to Neverland... he stole the bean from Schmee and Rumple. He then used it to go to Neverland so he could find a way to kill Rumple in revenge for killing his bonnie lass (Rumple's ex-wife).
Flag
I still feel like something happened in the middle of that.
Flag
We haven't seen it yet, but it has- I'm sure of that!
Flag
Oh forgot about the other box next to Neal. My mind immediately went to Hook's brother, but then I remember Hook dropped the body in the ocean. Maybe it's Belle and she really IS on the island, and Pan's been screwing with Rumple the entire time.
Flag
I loved that this episode was mainly about Hook. It was great to have Colin O'Donoghue as the main actor, he was great. I really don't understand why they showed the kiss in the preview; it definitely would have been better if we were surprised by the kiss. But, with that said, I love Emma and Hook together and that kiss was fantastic. I wont think too much about the backstory of Hook being with Rumplestiltskin's wife; I'll just choose to focus on how much I like Emma and Hook together.

Great Review- can't wait until next week!
Flag
For some reason I was waiting for Charming to do that whole dad thing about staying away from his daughter, mainly because we almost never get to see the father/daughter relationship between him and Emma. Loved how Regina was like I was the one doing all the evil stuff after the heart ripping part. The scene where they see Henry in the mirror was such a great moment, especially Snow saying I'm here too. Not really surprised that they made Regina the character of Ursula from the little mermaid since the show is all about combining villainous characters from different stories.
Flag
He did say, "stay away from my daughter." It didn't really hit home though, maybe because she's not a teenager and he barely knows his daughter?
Flag
I think the whole age thing makes it hard to take "dad" seriously...
Flag
Could you imagine if she called him Daddy? It would feel so pervy.
Flag
I thought it was dumb how everyone in the first half of the episode were utter dicks to Hook for no reason. It was like, "Thanks for helping...NOW GET AWAY FROM US!"
David KINDA had a point, but to hold what amounts to a small part of a bigger problem is just classic Charming stupidity, as is David's paranoia and refusal to let Hook help.

This week was abundant with Charming idiocy. Snow was just annoying with her whole "well, I have no plan, but Regina is evil so all her plans must be evil, too!" I'm actually liking Emma more as she's being more practical of the situation. Perhaps it's just because the Charmings are stuck as the lily white heroes, but their "noble" nonsense is making them more a problem than a solution.

Which is likely why the villains are more interesting on this show. They operate in the gray area of right and wrong. Hook easily falls there (and he's actually more of a rogue than a real "pirate" as he has some moral code he tries to abide by...even if they try and make us think he'll betray them. He won't, as we've seen his history as he rebelled because he believed in a code more than a crown) and Rumple has shown there IS good in him. Even Regina has some good to her, she just doesn't know how to process it. This makes them more practical, and honestly more relatable, than Snow and Charmings oddly fair-weather idea of goodness.

I laughed when they had the magic compact mirror and, while Emma and Regina were telling Henry they were there to save him, Snow was smooshing into the picture with a hilarious "I'm here, too!" NOBODY CARES, SNOW!

Finally, I love that battle ready for everyone else is weapons drawn, but for Regina, it's "I WILL BURN DOWN THIS FOREST AND EVERY CHILD WITHIN!" I <3 Regina.
More+
Flag
"I'm here, too!" NOBODY CARES, SNOW!

HA! I was laughing so hard at that. Sorry Grandma, you are irrelevant.

I find Charming and Snow's moral behavior to be very odd. They're always so gung ho and ready to attack a hoard of enemies, but the moment it becomes a one on one thing, they're all moral and unwilling to get their hands dirty. Just very odd...and boring. I enjoyed Emma holding down her mother. Such a weird dynamic.
Flag
Morally ambiguous, but can't go too long on this show without using the glowy, gummy heart spell.
Doesn't matter, the fountain of youth appeared outta nowhere, so they'll think of some other random magical object that will tie up all loose ends. This ain't Joss Whedon's world of real consequences.
That is cree-pay. Not allowed to date. Ever, ever, ever.
Dunno if this whole season is going to be on Neverland, but kinda looks that way what with no Storeybrooke flashes to see how Belle is emotionally eating hamburgers until Rumple's return. Whenever Pan succeeds in emotionally manipulating Henry so he'll do whatever it is for 'magic' reasons.
Pimping kiss scenes out for ratings... annoying but they know what they're doing. Shit! Gotta watch the pirate tongue action now!
WTF indeed. She'll probably look fabulous tho.
Flag
Poll
With the Sarlacc in last week's "....in Wonderland" do yo think ABC is testing the waters for a possible Star Wars inclusion of the Once Upon a Time-verse. Is the a good idea, take to the poll.
Flag
I like the idea of continuity, but I doubt that all the Jedis in the Academy would be able to tie up all the loose ends- not even if they enlisted all the Time Lords and their Tardises (Tardii? Damn you, Latin class!)
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members