An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)

Frozen's presence on Once Upon a Time is heating up. The latest character from the animated Disney film to make the move to the ABC series is Pabbie, the gentle troll king of the Valley of the Living Rock. And the show has pegged a man with rock-solid pipes to provide the voice.

John Rhys-Davies—who's best known for his roles as Sallah in the Indiana Jones films and Gimli the dwarf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy—will lend his vocal chords to a computer-animated version of Pabbie. The casting was announced Monday by showrunner Adam Horowitz, who tweeted the news. 

But that's not the only intel Horowitz shared via the social-media service. According to another tweet, the previously announced role of Hans will be filled by Shameless's Tyler Jacob Moore.

23 Comments
Comments (23)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
At this rate, the show is turning into Once Upon a Frozen spin off...

I'm starting to fear they may end up ruining Frozen rather than saving Once by using it.
Flag
These articles seem to be getting more and more ridiculous every time. Oh well, I guess Di$ney is just doing what it does best.

Flag
http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=frozen2013.htm

Look at those numbers. With merchandising and such, it's likely that Frozen has made over $1.5B in profit for Disney. They'd be stupid to not try to see if Frozen can prop up the ratings for OUAT.
Flag
I heard the president of ABC was all for the makers of OUAT doing another spin-off that revolved around Frozen. So help me God, please don't let the first half of the new season be some stupid backdoor pilot for another spin off.
Flag
OU...land was so bad because of the bad CGI and the even worse CG bunny, this did not feel like OUaT any more. And now they want to introduce another CG Char and come up with OUaFrozenTime? Triple meh...
Flag
Please tell me this is a joke? really? I'm already getting tired of the Frozen storyline and it hasn't even been shown yet. I may just have to skip the first half of the new season. I think OUAT is making too big of a deal out of Frozen. In my opinion it wasn't that good of a movie and the best part of it, they aren't even including on OUAT and that was Olaf...
Flag
So glad I stopped watching this show, but it's still interesting to pop in every once in a while to see how bad the trainwreck has become. I knew when they erased Mulan's love for Phillip (I'm fine with her love switching to Aurora, it was the erasing of clear feelings for Phillip that annoyed me) and the absolute ridiculous mess they made of Baelfire's storyline in order to serve a stupid ship, that the show was turning into a fanservice mess. OUAT has finally, officially jumped the shark. Congrats.
Flag
So they just ran out of ideas 4 seasons in.
Flag
They wrote themselves into a corner with the true love theme: there're only so many Disney Princess and each and everyone of them has already been paired up.

The only resource is to use the one princes(es) that didn't need a man in order to be happy.
Flag
John Rhys-Davies actually accepted to do this?
Flag
John Rhys-Davies? Excellent choice.
Flag
Seriously, guys, just rename the show already to Once Upon a Frozen... -.-'
Flag
So, you're saying that last season should have been renamed "Once Upon a Pan"? I didn't hear any complaints about last season being to Peter Pan-centric, but because "Frozen" is the hot new thing, all of a sudden it's a bad thing? Just loosen up and enjoy the ride.
Flag
Actually, personally I was complaining about that, just not on this website cause I didn't knew it back then. And not about everything, many things were awesome, but about enough stuff. Yes, 3.1 felt to me like "Once Upon a Neverland" (or "Once Upon a Pan", as you appropriately called it).
I get Elsa (I'm actually very, VERY excited about her!), Anna, the reindeer-dude (forgot his name) and Hans. But the troll is kind of an overkill to me- FOR NOW. Maybe they're going to do great stuff with him and give every character a great, fitting, exciting storyline. But for now (even though I can change my mind) it's just an overkill to me. But this is just MY opinion. As I love to say again and again: Feel free to think different!
Flag
I hope the troll becomes a troll in the internet sense. He can still be all magic-troll like, but imagine him leading all the daft characters on....
Flag
Can this show still be called OUAT?? All of the previews I've seen of the upcoming season so far is of Frozen characters. If I'd wanted to see a show about Frozen I'd watch Frozen.
Flag
Oh man. Do we really need the trolls? They're obnoxious.
Flag
And as I said before, the 'writers' at OUAT must be laughing themselves to the bank. They don't have to actually write ANYTHING; they just have to copy whatever fairy-tale is popular at the moment.
Flag
Why? The trolls are, by far, the least interesting and least memorable part of Frozen. By far.
Flag
maybe because of his knowledge in magic as a Shaman

someone will probably get cursed and he knows the answer to it

Flag
what about olaf ?
Flag
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already casting Olaf
Flag
This marks how many frozen characters now? Seems like enough for "Frozen, Once Upon A Time," but we'll see how this goes. As one of the people who found frozen to be overhyped I, kind of meh about 4A already but who knows it could work. Couldn't be as bad as 3A right? ....Right?
Flag
Follow this Show
Members