An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)

Once Upon a Time S03E15: "Quiet Minds"

Neal died again, guys! And this time, unlike with the shot through the heart + love’s to blame/ inter-dimensional fall, he probably isn’t coming back. Never say never, but Once Upon a Time’s Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis promised a series regular’s death “for real”-sies in the second half of this season, meaning the actor would be leaving the show. It could be that Michael Raymond-James, who recently appeared in Jack Reacher and has two films currently in post-production, has more interesting opportunities lined up than playing Emma’s fifth-runner-up love interest and baby daddy, and I look forward to seeing him in many, many more productions (like another season of Terriers?! We love U Brit!!!) Still... WOW is it nice to think Neal the character gone. Before you come at me like a herd of rabid flying squirrels, he had a good run, living for 300 years and all. And he and Rumple got SUPER CLOSE before he passed.

Like, in each other’s body close! LOL it was like Freaky Friday except existentially nightmarish! Wait, Freaky Friday IS existentially nightmarish! LOL @ body cohabitation with parents/metaphors for erosion of all personal boundary lines/sense of autonomy! HAHAHA!

I did love that the episode started in Granny’s before the diner was open, it raised so many questions: First of all, why? Why not just meet at a house? Because the Mayoral Mansion is a crime scene and the Charmings’ studio apartment can’t fit five people at once? Emma started worrying about Neal and Regina and Hook got sort of annoyed. 

Hook stewed in leather and in silence but Regina was all, “How about we focus on one thing at a time and find the Wicked Witch? Remember how we like recently found her farmhouse? I’m going to CSI that shit.” And Emma was like, “Okay... be careful.” And Regina was like, “I’m all-powerful, remember?” and Emma was like, “I mean a different kind of careful. Emotionally careful: Promise you’ll never fall in love / with a stranger / you’re all I’m thinking of / I praise the Lord above/for sending me your love / I cherish every hug I / I really LOOOOVE you” in the style of K-CI & Jo-Jo’s “All my Life.” And Charming was like, “Not sure what to say about that, but otherwise, how ‘bout the rest of us track down Gold? Except for you Mary Margaret, you maybe just figure out what’s going on in your Mystery Bump.” 

So Mary Margaret returned home and called Zelena over, and darn if Zelena didn’t turn up wearing the cockiest little chapeau this side of France. It was straight-up a witch hat. At this point deceiving the Charmings has been so easy that Zelena is basically wearing a witch Halloween costume in the hope they’ll catch on and give her something to do. I fully expected her to come out of the apartment’s bathroom in a green face mask.

She made Snow drink some orange juice which made the fetal being inside her do backflips or something. Mary Margaret was making faces like she’d just gotten on a roller coaster. Is anyone else worried that Zelena has such control of the baby? That maybe that baby is going to come out looking... LIKE THIS?

So the good news is, Belle knows Rumple is alive now. Hook and Emma and Charming showed her the gold straw and she was like “Yes, my man loved his crafts,” and they told her to hang out at the pawn shop and search for clues while they went searching for him in the woods. “Hook will stay here to protect you!” said Emma. “You mean the drifter in the full leather suit who’s tried to kill me two times?” Belle said.

“Hahahahaha!” said everyone else.

“I’m serious.” Belle said, but they were already gone. And Neal was banging in the back door! “Who put these boxes in front of the back door?!” he screamed. “This pawn shop is seriously violating mandatory fire codes! P.S. There's Satan's stamp on my palm?”

Meanwhile in Fairy-Tale Land, Belle and Neal were exploring Rumple’s old castle, looking for clues as to how to resurrect Rumple, so Rumple could then transport Neal back to Earth so he could spend another week or two with Henry. (Let us never forget that in the timeline of the show, Neal has spent approximately three hours with Henry. They basically got pizza in New York that one time.)

And Belle was acting posthumously thirsty as hell, talking about how AMAZING Rumple was for killing himself and his dad simultaneously, and what a hero he’d been, and Neal was like, “I’m getting the feeling you liked my dad a lot?” and Belle was like, “I loved him. All of him. All the parts of him. His freaky side. His dirty side. His dark side. Your daddy could work it all night long all night strong, one time he tied me to the spinning wheel and—“ But then Lumiere showed up and props to the art department, the show conceived Lumiere in a super-graceful way.

True, CGI effects have never been OUAT’s strong suit, but conceptually I thought this was a fantastic way to interpret an otherwise problematic Disney character. Especially when you consider how the staged musical Beauty and the Beast handled Lumiere:

Zut alors! The OUAT version of Lumiere was a veritable encyclopedia of Black Magic. He instructed them on where to find a grimoire with a very Magie-Noires key with a rune on the top and then told them how, to raise Rumple from the dead, they needed to find the Vault of the Dark One. Part of me really wants to mention the fact that conceptually OUAT throws new places and magical objects at their script like rice at a wedding, and that if  there was even a TINY bit of story planning from week to week, much less from season to season, we would have heard about the Dark Vault a long, long time ago, like maybe in the origin episode where Rumple became the Dark One, but whoops!! That troublesome part of me is just my brain. You go off when OUAT comes on, silly!! HAHAHA SO MANY COLORS!!! WHEEEE!!!!

At Zelena’s farmhouse, Regina had her head shot at by Robin Hood and did her Chuck Norris-meets-Neo thing where she caught the arrow without even looking and was like, “Oh, this yours?” Robin Hood was like, “Whoopsies, ma’am. I thought you were the Wicked Witch but you’re really the Evil Queen and ho-lee eff you are hot, Your Majesty.” and Regina was like, “Actually I prefer Mrs. Swan-Mills.”

Just as in their fairy-tale flashback when Regina went to take on the castle, Robin Hood insisted they partner up. and within moments he was smelling Regina’s hair and undressing her with his eyes as she tried to rifle through Zelena’s cupboards. 

Then he spied some whiskey and suggested they tipple some drinks before continuing their crime scene investigation. Regina was totally game until she saw his wrist tattoo and was like OH NO this is the guy Tink wanted to straight wash me with! Gotta go! And she ran away

Meanwhile Neal/Bae/Baelfire had woken up in a hospital with a sacred sigil burned into his palm. Emma was like, “Belle why don’t you research what this crazy mark is? I’ll send you a picture in your email. Look for a .jpg from me. Let me know if you have trouble downloading the attachment. Do you want it high-res? Maybe I can Dropbox it.” and Belle was like “BITCH I AM STANDING RIGHT HERE STARING AT HIS HAND. High-res would be nice, though.”

Neal was supposed to have a nice quiet recovery from his first-degree palm burn and fit of Pick's disease, but since a mischievous Hook was put in charge of him, instead he got a hug and some Jell-O and a 10-minute head start to GO FIND HIS DADDY! The hug between the two characters was our first clue that Neal was not going to make it out of this episode alive. Like, when does OUAT slow down this much and just allow its characters to emote, outside of mid-season finales and season premieres and MAJOR LOSSES (R.I.P. Graham)? 

Charming and Emma found Gold right around then, but then Precious Mr. Peepers, Zelena’s flying monkey, swooped in and bared his fangs and reminded Emma of all those fights with Walsh about whether to start The Wire or Breaking Bad and the daddy-daughter duo/ Storybrooke’s police force were split up, with Charming staying there to make mincemeat of that monkey and Emma running after a rather hysterical Mr.Gold. That’s when Emma ran into Neal and they bonded talking about the terrible one-off villains they’d dated. 

Neal also said that he was sad things hadn’t worked out with Emma and her guy in NYC, as what was really important to him was that she’s happy, not necessarily happy with him. Even Neal doesn’t ship Swanfire guys, just saying. 

Emma said, significantly, that she wasn’t ready to tell Henry the truth about anything—let alone Neal. It’s true that outside of Storybrooke, Henry talking about his family tree would get him quickly dispatched to an insane asylum, so perhaps this is the best choice. But Neal was adamant his son know he had “no choice” in deserting Emma. And I’m sorry, I take issue with that: First off, simply bowing to Pinocchio’s will was a choice, not a necessity. Secondly, he told Emma directly that he never got in touch with her after she got out of jail because he was afraid she would be angry with him. That’s a choice, bro! Motivated by fear. Excuses are for mooses, dude. 

But before I could start yelling at my screen, Emma got a call (amazing reception, since she was deep in the woods) from Belle, who had identified the sigil on Neal’s hand and had a bucketload of exposition to share. As we learned in a particularly CGI-filled flashback, Neal had gotten the burn on his hand when he used the key to bring back his father, but the cost of bringing back the Dark One was his life—a life for a life. The resurrected Rumple had tried to save Bae by subsuming his son’s body into his own, which is just not a good longterm plan. And Zelena, proving she is really awful, had tried to force him to kill Belle, but this was all too much for Lumiere.

I don’t remember Lumiere having these powers before, but apparently he could hold Zelena in a grip of fire for just long enough for Belle to run off into the woods. Sure! Candelabras do that sometimes? No they don’t. You shoulda used that on Gaston, man! It was what it was. And thus began the long, painful series of shots of Neal and Rumple’s faces morphing into each other.

This never stopped being awkward. It did no favors for either actor, and the conceit itself barely made sense. Both actors have extremely different body types, so what, they wore the same clothes? Their clothes also morphed? Also, two brains in one head sounds more like multiple personality disorder than “YOU FEED THE MADNESS. IT FEEDS YOU” mania that Rumple was experiencing earlier in the season. Like, ONE of y'all, if not both, is crazy. In all events it was a horrible thing to watch. And let me just say, it was a tit bittle convenient that a Bae-Rumple morph did not happen until moments after Belle had explained the whole thing to Emma over the phone.

Neal begged Emma to use her magic to separate him and his father so his father could help the Charmings figure out who Zelena was because obviously, they needed the help. We’ve almost never seen Emma do magic without Regina assisting her, but she managed to separate Neal and Rumple and Neal began to die. I say “began” because it took him about 15 minutes. You know the old rule: “A life plus a life will be exchanged with just enough overlap to say a whole lot of dramatic goodbyes.” Neal got a proper Swan Song, thanking his dad, encouraging Emma to love again, giving her his necklace, telling his dad he was cool after all, outlining which restaurants Emma should visit again in NYC, making several predictions about celebrity couples, telling Emma to buy a Yardgarita in his honor if she ever made it down to Tallahasse/the Florida Keys, etc. etc. It was heart-wrenching but really—shouldn’t Neal have expired a bit faster? The show was milking every last drop of pain from the tortured souls who identified with Neal—a character who has honestly not had much happiness in the course of his 300 years. I’m genuinely sorry for your pain, Neal fans. But also: why are you a Neal fan? I kind of need to know.

The most significant thing about Neal’s death was how much it angered Emma. She and Charming went searching for Zelena and knocked down the door of their own apartment and pulled a gun on very pregnant Mary Margaret, which I’d imagine is way more effective in inducing labor than some orange juice. (Mary Margaret’s reaction: “Whaaaaa? Zelena?!?!? The lady with the pointy black hat?! A witch!? Whaaaaa?!”) They then each knocked down a door to the bathroom (double entrances to a bathroom? Okay, that would make me super nervous, but whatever) to find Zelena had fled. Next week, the episode promos promise, there'll be a bitch fight between our two most powerful lady characters! Oh dear. Must Regina do EVERYTHING for this town?!

Then Emma hunted down Henry and told him his father was “a hero” and “a good man.” I honestly thought she was going to whip out the Fairy-Tales book and explain everything to him—his bizarre parentage, Neal’s reasons for deserting Emma, the truth that she gave him up. But she’s still playing it fairly close to the chest. If I had more faith in OUAT's writers, I’d say this is because we are supposed to understand that his memories of her as a mom are the most important things she has. Though she’s gone out of her way to have amnesiac Henry meet Regina (a courtesy she never offered Neal).

Zelena has the advantage of a Rumple completely under her control. She is also green and knows what everyone was up to last year. I’m still fairly confident that by the season finale, she’ll be roundly defeated. What’s far more interesting is how Henry will get his memory back, and how far Emma will go to prevent or make that happen. The most touching part of this episode was Regina watching Robin play with his son Roland from afar. Clearly she misses being a parent, though it’s an insult to families everywhere to say children are replaceable or interchangeable. More specifically, Regina misses being Henry’s parent, and the question of how the show will reconcile them is perhaps the greatest force compelling me to return every Sunday to Storybrooke, Maine.

QUESTIONS:

... What does Zelena want with Snow’s bb?

... How do you feel about Neal’s passing?

... Were Belle’s instincts (to leave Rumple a dead hero) or Neal’s instincts (to raise him again, at any cost) the more correct, in your opinion?

... Is Zelena trolling Storybrooke with her costumes? 

... Does Robin Hood as Regina’s love interest feel rushed?

477 Comments
Comments (477)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
That hug was such a cop out
Flag
As a hookfire shipper this episode pissed me off. In 3a their reunion was short and not what it should have been.
Flag
1. Honestly anything? I'm finding the developments more interesting than the actual reason itself, so I'm really not going to be blown when this baby comes along. At this point I'm just getting more impatient as to how long this baby is gonna take to arrive.

on a side note, woah Snow! She's one hellauva strong woman. Seems like nothing can get her into any amount of shock or panic
1) Neal is back
2) Neal is dead
3) Zelena is the witch
4) Rumple is alive
Charming, you should've just let her come along for the trekking.

2) Like most people here, I never liked him at all. I can't remember much from the first part of S3, but nearly every other scene with him was just a reason for Emma to be all woozy and lovey-dovey for no good a reason. His intense love for Henry continued to baffle me, although that might have more to do with his own experiences of being a son than something else.

Nonetheless, it was the grief in the others that was more emotional. Of the whole lot, Emma and Rumple haven't had the greatest of times with relationship and Neal definitely represented a great deal of it. Despite his abandonment, she did love him and I guess she's entitled to some amount of weeping. Rumple's situation was rather pitiable, given that he's under complete control of the woman that killed his son.
Neal's dying eulogy though - he seemed to be spending all that time trying to find a sweet spot on Emma's lap to place his head for the end. Seriously.

3) Well, definitely Belle. But hey, this is Rumple's son here (minus the brains) so we gotta make allowances.

4) I swear that emerald is getting bigger by the day. She should definitely head down to Ruby to get more advice on how to incorporate green into every aspect of her life. I'm actually rather surprised that the writers haven't shown her yet with a broom, or constantly making stew or at the very least owing a cat yet. Terribly disappointed y'all.

5) Ok for one thing, I actually enjoyed that little tete-a-tete in the house ehehe...Robin's eyes sure knew where to go while Regina was hunting the cupboards! I mean not to say that he's a complete saint or anything, but the fact that every other line out of his mouth is about his dead wife, well - was pretty surprising he was the first to actually make a move! More more!!
I'd give it though. I feel like it seems rushed right now because Robin we've been set up to acknowledge from the get go that they will eventually get together.

nonetheless, I'm really enjoying Regina being able to talk somewhat more freely with someone who hasn't been thrown into the eternal problems of the Charmings yet. Yeah girl! Go get that lion!
More+
Flag
EMMA PLUS HOOK= BABY HOOKS AND BABY EMMAS &3
Flag
The reason everyone was sad when neal died was feeling sorry for Rumple. The entire series was built pretty much on Bae. The Dark Curse to start with. Rumple spent all of his life just wanting his son, broke his own damn leg for him, dedicated his life to finding him, and then in one ep, POOF! He dead.

OUAT writers REALLY suck.
Flag
To borrow an expression from the great Adrian Monk - your review made me LOL out loud!

It's about time Neal was killed off. Seriously, the most ridiculous part about this show is that Emma (and all the other women in Storybrooke) would even consider any other man with Hook walking around. He is so fine - I would find it hard to concentrate.
Flag
This episode was ridiculous beyond belief. The only thing making me feel better was reading this review and getting a few (ok a lot) giggles at the expense of the writing. The humour here slayed me! Zelena wearing witching clothes and saying, " any idea yet?" And "bros before hoes" seriously, i needed it! But beyond that, i want to thank the reviewer for pointing out how incredibly sappy/weird/and flimsy this episode was and that i'm not the only one looking at the tv saying, "what? Are you kidding me? No, seriously, like, what?!?" :)
Flag
I cried.. I never liked Neal like that, but when he died I cried like a baby, poor Henry dosent remember him at all :'( RIP NEAL/BAE &3 .... But this means... hook timee ;; &3
Flag
I never liked Neil and I won't miss him I'm in love with Hook and want him and Emma together so I'm abit bias however his death was something I wanted for a while now, but I now see why they didn't earlier it had no purpose before, but now his death put a fire up Emma's ass and mad her angry in turn gives her purpose, so yehhhhhhhh. I like robin and Regina's face when he went for the whiskey was priceless. My theory we have rumples brain, charming's courage all that's left is a heart and maybe a re-incarnation of Dorothy or at least something that represents her.
Flag
Man, I thought I smelt Hot Pockets, because there was definitely ham and cheese on the screen when Neal died!
Flag
So...now we have
Charming = Lion/Courage
Rumple = Scarecrow/Brain

I have a few theories on Tin Man/the heart
Hook - This is my first guess. He's been sketchy in the last few episodes (well, sketchier than usual). I wonder if Witchy took out his heart and is controlling him. Perhaps his heart's extra special since he's in twooo wuv with Emma. Plus he has a metal apparatus (though I'd hope it's a less corrosive metal than tin)

Regina - because she removed her own heart earlier - SUBTLE FORESHADOWING? The Witch also made a point of how she wants to destroy Regina, therefore break her heart.

Snow - Take the baby, break her heart?

Emma - Last week this was my first guess, but now I'm not so sure. I'm guessing the Witch wanted Emma in Storybrook, and we know she's got her special Savior Heart.
Flag
Lily, your reviews slay me. Esp. the "Know I'm a witch yet?" bit.

1) I'm guessing what she really wants is a family, since her background sucked. Quite frankly, I don't really care - I'm not emotionally invested in the doofus Charmings or this new bit of spawn.

2) If I'd had to pick someone to kill, Neal would have been #1, even though he'd grown on me. But I won't lie - I cried. A lot.

3) Belle was right, but this is NEAL. He was never the brightest bulb, and Neal's bad choice kept Robert Carlyle in the game, so I'm ok with that.

4) LOL yes. But it's all lost on them - she couldn't have picked a dumber town.

5) It does feel a bit rushed, but I'd say he's a much better love interest than that Stable boy, who about as much charisma as a can of dog food. I like Mr. of Loxley (though his chemistry with Regina pales in comparison to SwanQueen
Flag
I have nothing significant to add but I just had to compliment your writing style and captions. They made me laugh out loud, excellent summary!
Flag
To all you SQ shippers out there. I rewatched the last few episodes all the way through with a friend of mine, who is gay by the way. Here was his twist that I didn't see coming. He is convinced that Robin is gay. Not sure if he was picking that up because the actor did play a gay character in another show or if it's a new feeling, but he's convinced the Robin/Regina true love story is more a smoke screen by the writers so Regina can have a child basically of her own since Robin's wife is dead, and Robin's boy will have a mother. Also, it opens the door for Emma to mother Henry, and yet Regina still has a legitimate reason to be in Emma's life. He also reminded me that Disney is pretty liberal in the definition of "true love". Could mean a very best friend, sibling, or even an animal. (I'm hoping more like Lassie than bestiality) . He's convinced that Robin/Regina can be true love but in a platonic, we are both fooling the world kind of way. Becoming best friends and bonding over their common fear of coming out of the closet.Anyway just thought I'd throw that little different take out there.
More+
Flag
Interesting. I thought Robin was checking out Regina big time, and not in a "Girl, your hair looks FABULOUS" kind of way.
Flag
1...no idea...must have something to do with the savior thing...
2...i never liked neal..so i guess i'm cool with neal being dead...
3...neal and belle have different perspectine ...belle is rumple's gf and neal is his son!!!totally different feelings and motives...i would go with neal's decision as a viewer and as a person...i would want my dad back at any cost!!
4...-----
5...we've been expecting this robina thing since season 2..so i don't think it's rushed at all...
Flag
Regarding the story universe: Belle was right, it was just a crazy thing what Neal did.

Regarding the show itself: Neal is off, at long last, cool! Rumple is back, cool!
I am OK with the craziest storyline, if the result is to have Carlyle back :) Saying goodbye to Neal was just an added bonus.

Flag
1. Snow and Charming's last child was the savior. Maybe with the correct guidance this child can become some sort of terminator!
2. Is it incorrect to say I was completely unaffected by it (maybe even a little happy)? As far as I am concerned, the only purpose his character ever serves is giving the other characters an excuse to hold on to the past.
3. While I am innately drawn to support Neal, because bringing back Rumpelstiltskin (and getting rid of Neal, all in one episode) is 100% necessary for my future enjoyment of this show, I feel like Belle's instincts would have allowed Rumpelstiltskin and his legacy a kinder outcome.
4. Absolutely, what fun would it be if you actually tried to blend in. She's just keeping with the trend of her previously announcing to Snow that this is her first time in Storybrook.... Just like Snow, who is keeping her trend of being completely oblivious to absolutely everything around her!
5. Well.... to some extent, yes, it feels rushed. They are supposed to be together, so it feels like the makers of the show are skimming over the part where they actually start to like each other.........BUT, when I compare this relationship to almost every other relationship on the show, it's taking a very long time (seriously not complaining here)! Almost no other character has taken more than a single episode to find "true love".... we're still playing with Disney here, so by those standards, Regina's relationship is a fully developed and well thought out plot line!
More+
Flag
HAHAHA SO MANY COLORS!!! WHEEEE!!!! I love your recaps! More than the show lately!! I miss Peter Pan.....
Flag
Peter was brilliant and was a really god bad guy
Flag
This review is a joke. I am sorry to say that since there are many reviews at tv.com that I admire and respect, but it is the truth. There is a paragraph and several pictures in this particular review devoted to the "shipping" of Emma and Regina. Please stop discussing this! I am aware that there are more than a few suggestive elements on OUAT, but if you can't watch a show about fairy tales without trying to figure out which characters are going to sleep together or which characters have the most sexual tension, it says more about you than about the show.

It has been said many times in reviews of OUAT that this show required an enormous amount of suspending belief and that several things about it don't make sense logically etc. etc. I happen to like the show just the way it is. Is is perfect? No. Does it have storyline and character flaws. Yes. Do these flaws sometimes make me laugh because of how ridiculous they are? Yes. But it is a show about fairy tales and magic which means it has a built in reason for things not making sense logically. Please stop being so critical of these aspects of the show if for no other reason than this ground has been so well covered already.
More+
Flag
The reviews serve as a way of "discussing" the episode, a conversation between the reader and the writer. In OUAT case the topic of that conversation is often the show's weaknesses. Like the part "I totes look like a witch and you still don't realize who I am?", that Lily marvelously ilustrated.
I adore OUAT and all its' flaws, but when the ep is weak I enjoy reading those reviews even more. I don't care about the reviews that aren't witty and funny - if you do, just stick to them.
Flag
"Humour. Satire. Doing something for fun." Go look those terms up in Google, buddy.
Flag
You know, there are recaps which will summarize the episode, and there are recaps who will focus more on what's not working or what's not shown on-screen. It doesn't have anything to do with suspension of disbelief. Of course there are mistakes in the show, or the viewer is asked to overlook some stupid stuff, but it doesn't mean that you can't point it out. I don't think this recap is aggressive, it's just an opinion and it's funny. If you don't like it, even though you read the other recaps on tv.com, you don't have to read this one. No one will blame you if you skip tv.com's recap of OUAT.

As for Emma and Regina, their relationship is an integral part of the show. They have evolved so much since season 1 and this recap simply makes sure that it doesn't get overlooked. Yes, Emma & Regina began as enemies before become reluctant allies and now they're moving toward friendship or something similar. The subtext is there, too, and it's there for a reason. If you're not comfortable with it being mentioned (and okay, in Lily's recap, accentuated) just try to skip it.

The reviewer's entitled to his/her opinion (see Price Peterson's recaps) and if you find yourself more annoyed than pleased at reading the recaps, maybe just find another website that you will enjoy more.
More +
Flag
Just to point out, I don't think the OJ had anything to do with Zelena controlling the baby. It's quite common in pregnancy to drink sweet juice to get the baby to move, especially if there's been a slow period. Something about a sugary drink usually gets them going. But Zelena is very interested in the baby and I would like to know why.

I also thought Neal's death took way too long, honestly it was barring ridiculous. I had really mixed feelings when at one second I am feeling Emma's grief and another I am almost laughing at the scene. And these feelings went back and forth several times.

Another thing that bothered me about Neal's death was this "let's make the character disappear for several episodes and then bring it back to one final goodbye episode". I've never liked that. They did that with Cordelia and while the episode was touching the idea still rubs me the wrong way. A decent goodbye just isn't handled that way.

I will not miss Neal terribly though, looking forward to MRJ playing better characters than this.
Flag
Lily - Besides the guaranteed laughs each week, I also appreciate that you acknowledge the SQ subtext that is obvious and apparent to me and easily the most interesting aspect of the show to so many of us. I hope you feel that appreciation (people often don't communicate unless we're *mad* about something, so the negative can have undue weight). Keep being your awesome self and...don't go changing (Esp. into any flying mammal)!
Flag
=& What did Rumple want with Cora's? Maybe babies are magic in FTL?

=& Boy, was that long! I think a lot of people will be happy that he's dead, but since I was team Swanfire (yeah, sorry but I don't think Queen Swann is ever gonna happen, and I'm revolted by Captain Swann, so all I had left was Neal!), I'm a bit sad!

... Were Belle’s instincts (to leave Rumple a dead hero) or Neal’s instincts (to raise him again, at any cost) the more correct, in your opinion?
=& NEAL's! Come on! I WANT MY WEEKLY DOSE OF ROBERT CARLISLE!

... Is Zelena trolling Storybrooke with her costumes?
=& Hahahah! But seriously... well done costume people! The girl has some seriously wicked outfits!

=& Yep, but since it was her "destiny", that's something we can't avoid, alas!
Flag
“Actually I prefer Mrs. Swan-Mills.” +++
Enough with the Emma-Regina shipping already...

Poor Neal... It's sad that Emma's true love died and how he died while Henry didn't even remember him. It's like they screwed his character over completely with this timing of his death.

"Must Regina do EVERYTHING for this town?!"
Yeah, she should. She owes people A LOT since she is the one to blame for putting them there in the first place. She SHOULD have more responsibility, and she is also among the least caring people there. She only cares about herself and Henry, and judging from this episode she seems too afraid to let herself be happy for a change and love a new guy/son even after she knows he is meant for her in some way once she noticed the tattoo. Regina is also the worst person among them because she was a cold killer etc. while being the evil queen and she had no real excuse for it. At least Rumple had.

Emma is starting to annoy me. I find it despicable that she keeps hiding the truth from Henry out of selfish reasons.
Flag
Emma is not hiding the truth from Henry out of selfish reasons, she is donig it out of practicality. There's an evil witch on the loose* and it's no time to start going with the whole "Oh I am not crazy" episodes.

* Of course that witch hasn't really done anything evil so far. The people in Stroybrooke are just trapped in the town and not a single one of them seemed like they were injured or even unhappy.

And of course Emma could just prove that she is telling the truth to Henry by asking anyone in town to do magic.

But that's more on the lines of the usual plot holes this show tends to have than Emma's considerations.
Flag
Maybe it is practical, for now, but it's still selfish to make decisions on other people's behalf to whether or not they should know the TRUTH and facts that concerns them. Especially when it is so BIG and he will find out anyway. She basically said it, because Henry was happy in NY and so was she, but to let that go on will only make him more angry the longer she hides the truth from him once he finds out.
Flag
But her dialogue with Regina clearly indicates that she wants Henry to know Regina as his mother and they should work on getting his memories back.

Just not at the current moment because of the emergency.

Truth be told, I'd also point out that it's clear that Henry has magic as well and it makes even more sense to start teaching him to use it but as I said... usual plot holes...
Flag
People can ship what they want. It is her review. Write your own if you don't like it.
Flag
I wrote my own comment and my opinion, and I am entitled to it just as much as she is entitled to her review. Yes, I could write a review if I wanted to, but I am not interested nor do I really like very subjective "reviews". Then I prefer to read comments, because that is actually more interesting and varied than the reviews.
Flag
Robin and Regina sure as hell feels rushed. The entire freaking episode felt rushed and crammed to seam-splitting. Rumpel/Neal, awkward...

Oh but that 'be careful' just had me squirming like a happy puppy! :D

I'm okay with the idea of RnR (though I'm all SQ all the way!) but they have to build it more. You can't go from 'gtfo' to 'Oh, tattoo. Guess you're it for me - gee, thanks Tink' without building some kind of base! All they have right now is the obvious angle of shared children/lost loves and it feels a lot like the hetero-dump-truck just made a pass by the writers/studio (And it makes Regina look pathetic and desperate). I NEED MORE CHEMISTRY PLZ!
Flag
Lily Sparks, you are an absolute genius! I re-read the Zelena- Snow exchange screenshot three times and I was in splits every single time! I'm appalled at the kind of criticism you're facing for expressing your views but I really applaud you for pointing out OUaT subtext wherever it's presented...Don't let narrow-minded, prejudiced and bigoted a**holes get you down
Flag
Lily, your reviews are the highlight of my week. I'm so sorry for all the comments you have to endure from those who lack the ability to see subtext. Don't you ever go changin' girl - keep the Swan Queen coming. It's hard to believe that in the *21st Century* people can't wrap their heads around the idea of two female leads falling in love.
Flag
Regarding the shipping of Emma and Regina-- I don't have a problem with two female leads falling in love, I just don't think that's where the show is headed.
Flag
I suggest you find a few Tumblr of SQ shippers. There are lots of plausible theories there that make sense. Maybe it won't end up with them together, but if it does (and it honestly should for the reasons listed on these Tumblrs) then people will not be able to say it hasn't been slowly developed over the course of the entire series.
Flag
I think the point here is that as much as there SQ shippers there are as many EN shippers (who will be devastated that Neal is dead) and EH shippers (who are now as happy dancing as the SQ ones). It's just personal choice; not everyone commenting here is an SQ shipper and we're allowed speak that doubt out loud.

I mean, even my gay cousins with faultless 'gaydars' don't see the SQ subtext; so not everyone thinks it's obvious. Acknowledging the other ships would probably help dispel a lot of the negativity she has to put up with.

Personally, I don't care whether the SQ ship really exists or not; I'm all about the RumBelle. I just don't see the SQ ship and never have done; but with a lesbian cousin and a homosexual cousin whom I adore beyond words, with my lesbian cousin also being my daughter's Godmother - I'm NOT homophobic. Which is what's often hinted at in many replies to those not liking and/or seeing the SQ ship I've noticed.

I support gay rights and the GLBT community because I saw how my couzs struggled with their sexuality, and would hate for ANYONE else to go through that torment. However, I've come realise that some people are a little too easy to jump to (wrong) conclusions about others, if those people disagree with them.

The sad thing is those same fervent lobbyists who want to agitate the hetro community on even supposed slights make the lives of my cousins a lot harder - which I deeply resent as they, and many others in the GLBT community, have suffered enough because bigots sieze on the lobbyists and blame ALL the GLBT community.

And, just because of my cousins, it doesn't mean I need to assume the world is gay and not admitting it (a la Cameron Diaz); I can see straight as well gay people.......it's not even a sixth sense. So long as Lily Sparks reviews the whole episode and acknowledge's the OTHER shippers preferences out there - ie my own personal fave, RumBelle (sigh) or HookEm - and the more general plot arc each week, I'm cool with it.

I'm sure many others would be too; it's just the constant obsession with the SQ ship that drowns out anything else and removes them almost to a postscript that annoys everyone who is not an SQ shipper or who just don't get it. Though this week's review wasn't as bad for that as many others have been and for that I thank Lily Sparks.

The SQ shippers need to accept that not all of us see it and we're as entitled to voice that opinion as they are to voice theirs. It doesn't make us blind homophobes; it just means we merely hold a different opinion. That's the beauty of us all being different people and living in our respective democracies - we can do that and voice those opinions without fear, usually, of reprisals.........
More +
Flag
My point, Whatever0, is that there are a myriad of other shippers out there all wanting their couples acknowledged; there are many shippers out there who shipped Neal with Emma, Hook with Emma and who are completely ignored for the SQ. If Emma smiles at Hook,, if she cries about Neal - the SQ shippers don't like it or it's completely ignored.

I want more on the lovely RumBelle; my own personal favourite - but nope it's a quick round up of everything else and then SQ, SQ, SQ.....it sadly gets more than little boring. So much goes on in OuaT and yet most of it is either ignored or merely touched on in the rush to get to the SQ ship. Great for the SQ shippers, rubbish for everyone else.

NOT every sees the SQ ship; as you said yourself. As a reviewer it's always best to cover all the bases and keep your ENTIRE readership happy; it keeps them coming back and your paycheques coming in.

As for labels - they're necessary; without them we'd all wandering around with no idea of who people were and how to talk to them. My cousins HATE people avoiding even the mention of sexuality - they are who they are; it's nothing to be ashamed and being 'labelled' gay or straight is not a problem unless someone makes it such.
More +
Flag
But... you made all of this about sexuality and LGBT community, which was not at all what I was talking about. If we need to clarify things, I'm what you would label as "straight" (although I don't really like labels) and yet I see the subtext between Emma & Regina. It's either you see it or you don't and I'm not sure it has anything to do with whether you're gay or straight.
I'm just saying that the theories do make sense, meaning they are plausible and logical for the most part, which is the reason why many of us ship SwanQueen.
Of course I don't expect everyone to be a SQ shipper (although I admit I believe the SQ shippers are more numerous than the CS or SF or OQ) but if Lily's recap contains too much SQ for those who do not ship it, they don't have to leave hateful comments about it. If they really can't stand it, they have the option of skipping the entire paragraph dedicated to it, or skip the entire recap to find another one that will suit them better.

No animosity on my part. I fully support the LGBT community but that's not why I ship SwanQueen, personally. That's all :)
More +
Flag
Thank you for saying all of that! It's good to know that other readers feel the same way as I do on this particular topic. :)
Flag
On account of what Zelena could possibly want with the Charmings' baby - Rumple mysteriously mumbled "she wants what she cannot have" when asked about her main motives to do what she does. Maybe what she wants is not so different than what Regina wants - a child? But what do I know, I was too busy wishing for more Regina-Emma scenes, I must say - even before you started mentioning the chemistry between them, I've always felt there was something there, and was in fact wondering if it was deliberately woven so discreetly into the scenario, to be further developed, or those two characters just simply reacted like two chemical elements, and against all odds and expectations - created an entirely new possibility. I don't know if the script would ever go so far, and let me tell you - I am heterosexual myself, but I think it would be a crime to ignore the real magic happening there (pun intended), and not work with what they already have. I'm wishing for a finale where at least SOME development on that department will occur.

Flag
Bless. And thank you.
Flag
:) Nothing to thank me about, it's a fact! Team Regina! :)
Flag
Can I just also say, I have this post bookmarked because every time I read something from it I laugh. SO HARD. Thank you, Lily, thank you.
Flag
Even if Neal is truly dead we might not be out of the woods with him yet. That guy was totally irresponsible and spent hundreds of years bouncing between realms. He could have fathered lord knows how many kids. They might all converge on Storybrooke.
Hope he stays gone because right now I'm rooting for Hook. However, as much as I like Hook and want him to make it happen with Emma, I'm really starting to have a hard time with his outfit. That is the deepest V on a pirate ev-aaaaarrrrrr, matey. It was especially ridiculous at the snow-covered farm. Quick, someone teach him how to layer!
Lily, if you make more paper dolls, make sure Hooks gets the option of a mock turtleneck or at least a dickey.
Flag
I wonder what the costume department's thinking with Hook's V neck there - guess they want to let the man-fur breathe free!

I did read that the writers are intentionally keeping him in the same clothes, and implied that when he DOES change clothes, it will be symbolic and significant. My theory is it'll be done as his Pretty pretty Prince moment - hanging up the Hot Topic garb and settling down.
Flag
There's a theory going on on Tumblr that says that maybe Hook is dead and he is a ghost, and it's the reason why he has the same clothes. That makes me laugh, but if it turned out to be true, I'd totally be on board with the idea.
Flag
I'll say it again, I believe Regina's Dorothy. In next week's promo she does wear red gloves and since I see symbolism and parallels in everything, I'm going to say it might be the equivalent of those red shoes in Oz.
Plus, all Dorothy wants is to go back home to her aunt Em and her uncle Henry. And that's basically all that Regina wants: to go back to her son (and Emma, but she doesn't know it yet).
Flag
Staff
Auntie Em and Uncle Henry! I hadn't seen that at all before. Very interesting!
Flag
I've read a few theories as to why Emma would be Dorothy but I'll wait for the show to prove me wrong. I still believe it's Regina. Some people say that Regina is the Tin Woodman and that Robin's working for the WW so that he can steal her heart. I guess we'll have our answer soon anyway.
Flag
I just enjoyed Belle's Steampunk Hotpants FTL outfit. Totally impractical, awfully nonsensical, and Emilie just looks so cute in it anyway.

I think Colin should get credit for making Hook a rather likable rogue. Yeah, he's maybe be "Han Solo-ed" (making him a little more kinder) but he's given Hook a lot more depth with less backstory than some others. He's always been a grey area character (and that missing year hints he may still be) but he also has a code of some kind that he adheres to.
Flag
That's a huge problem on this show. The villains (Regina, Hook, Rumple, Cora) are actually the best actors on this show by far.

Which is why it's getting harder and harder to root for any of the good guys.
Flag
Personally, I am Team CaptainSwan. I have NO IDEA where SwanQueen even supposedly came up, and reviews like this one that push it are a bit much. (Just had to put that out there, usually love the reviews.)

What does Zelena want with Snow’s bb?
I don't think the baby will be a flying monkey (though it would be funny), she has flying monkey. Maybe it'll be Dorothy? Maybe it'll come out green?
How do you feel about Neal’s passing?
While I never cared for the Swanfire-coupling (and Emma always seemed super overemotional over Neal, considering everything), I do think that he was gyped screen time to develop strong connections with ANY other character.
Were Belle’s instincts (to leave Rumple a dead hero) or Neal’s instincts (to raise him again, at any cost) the more correct, in your opinion?
Both (or neither). I think resurrecting him was good, but it should have been investigated more. Either have them struggle with the info, or connect with each other (that would have been funny awkward).
Is Zelena trolling Storybrooke with her costumes?
No idea, but I doubt it.
Does Robin Hood as Regina’s love interest feel rushed?
No but why run away? I do wish we could just see more of them together. Maybe they already hooked up in FTL and just need to rekindle/remember?
More+
Flag
Other people don't get Captain Swan. That's the beauty of it. We are all different and we see different things. Moreover, we like different things. Just because you have no idea where SQ came up, doesn't mean it's not there. Let people like what they like, and more importantly, write about what they like. No one is telling you to stop being on Team CS. How about ignoring what you don't like and supportin what you do like?
Flag
I just meant she kinda raved on about Swan Queen. I'm not saying to stay completely neutral, but tone it down a bit?
Flag
how about letting people write about what they don't like too? As long as it's not rude or profane, I'm totally open to reading and respecting everyone's opinion.
Flag
Why aren't you ignoring the comments that you don't like and supporting the ones that you do like? Sounds like a double standard.
Flag
In the mind of Regina "One down and one more to go... I also have to get that flying monkey she slept with."
Flag
I think Snow's baby will be Dorothy too. In the Oz stories, Dorothy's an orphan whose relatives are "Aunt Em" (Emma??) and "Uncle Henry" (Henry??)....

Perhaps the Wicked Witch wants to finish off the baby Dorothy before she could grow up to become her undoing and pour cold water on her or something (quite like how Rumple feared a boy would be his undoing)...
Flag
I thought something similar, because if Emma as the product of true love has some sort of magical significance this child would too since it is also the child of true love. We all know true love is the most magical powerful thing in fairy tales. Cures everything and restores all humanity. Either the witch is threatened by it's potential power, or wants to exploit it to fix some problem.
Flag
I agree, that was the longest death scene I'd ever watched.
Poor Neal
Flag
So 'Krod Mandoon' Sean McGuire is Regina's suitor now? I like him. (That show was hilarious with McGuire using an American accent because he was playing sort an idiot.) No surprise because she is the most wonderful, beautiful woman in town with just enough evil to make her perfect. Emma please just move away from every wagging prick - you know who your Boo is. Robert Smith, er Hook, is starting to look real pathetic and real desperate and that is not a great quality for a he-man to have. You can't even say he's acting like a woman (his sneaky plan? 'I know what Emma wants...') because that would be sexist and that would be a great insult to women. He isn't interesting enough to be a woman. We'll just say HE'S NO REGINA!

Why don't the rest of the editors/reviewers on this site have as much fun as you do Ms. Sparks? I wouldn't even continue watching this show if it weren't for your entertaining recaps. 'Reign' I couldn't stop watching but this one, despite Lana Parrilla, I'd walk away as soon as you did. The pictures of 'Neal' and 'Emma' were great because it looked like whatever Jennifer was trying to do, was working and she looks very engaged in those snap shots.

This was better than last weeks waste of time but not by too much. Hopefully they can find a way to make the homestretch more interesting.

Thanks for giving us something good and also funny to read on Monday.
More+
Flag
Lily, Lily, Lily. How you manage to do stuff like this:

every single time just KILLS me. I laughed and laughed and laughed but then had a moment where I contemplated the idea that Snow might just be THAT stupid. And I agreed with myself, that she has been THAT stupid since season 2 (the pregnancy hormones might just add to the damage) . A shame really, I loved badass snow from season 1. (PS I blame the writers for all that damage to snow's brain)
Flag
This was hilarious! Best review ever!
Flag

Baby will be Dorothy. Zelena wants to control the child destined to kill her. That's my headcanon til someone gives me a better idea.

One less lame love triangle to deal with! Huzzah!

... Were Belle’s instincts (to leave Rumple a dead hero) or Neal’s instincts (to raise him again, at any cost) the more correct, in your opinion?

Belle was right. Rumple will have been pissed about being brought back a servant

... Is Zelena trolling Storybrooke with her costumes?

Yes and it's fabulous

yey

A little, but I loved Regina's grin at Robin's flirting, and his brazen perving on her bum when she was looking in the pantry. I thought it was fun.
Flag
I think you're right on with the Dorothy bit - I would have never thought it if I hadn't read it on here.
Flag
First HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA the pics and the screencaps between Zelena and Snow were awesome hahahahahahahhahaha

Ok, my annoyence first: From the moment Zelena walked around in Storybrooke i kept screaming every week, why nobody noticed anything weird on her. She has a MEGA HUGE green necklace on her nack and always were something green...the wicked witch they are searching for is green...COME ON!!!!!!!

So Neal dead...Hook must be very happy...now he hasn't worry about that..even they were friends in the past...but he died a hero like Emma said in the end...saving storyrbrooke and all his loved ones..what a sacrifice...
Well i would rather die either, then having one of my parents literally in me..gross...would feel very violated...so it is good thing they are separated..and to be honest, i like gold more then Neal...Gold is a bit darker make things interesting, while Neal is always moaning about Henry...
Regina and Robin Hood...that can be very interesting..
Funny how this episode the only flashbacks we saw was about belle and Bay finding the Dark One, nothing else from the others and what they have been trough...

So now they know...wonder what is going to happen next...WTF does Zelena want with the baby of Snow...maybe she created it or did something to make snow pregnant back in the enchanted forest..???
We will see...!!!

More+
Flag
So now the eyeliner wearing Hook has a clear run at Emma? Cool. Be nice to see what happens next - will they share the eyeliner? Will Emma go all 'pirate chic' on them? will she suddenly get her own hook for a hand? Do I care? not really; I'm just happy dancing round my kitchen that Rumple is really back - now; where the hell is my RUMBELLE? I will NOT be satisfied until ALL is restored.

RIP Neal; you were a nice guy, but just not cut out for the madness of OuaT. Hook is far better at handling the whole nutjob show - plus he's really rocking the 'Adam Ant' look (and yes, I am that old.) I keep expecting him to break out into a rendition of 'Prince Charming'..... ;)
Flag
Neal was my second fav next to Regina because I felt like he had a lot of potential and as actually a good man even though his character constantly got shit on. I just wanted him to be happy...
Flag
1. snow's baby probably her undoing, just like emma for regina. maybe, (trying to) kill it?

2. I never felt that his role was significant.

3. go with belle's

4. pretty much, yes. her outfit, screaming kansas.

5. yep. that's why i know it won't last.
Flag
I understand why storyline-wise Neal died, but he was one of my favourite characters and I was rooting for him and Emma to be endgame so I'm really upset that they killed him off... I feel like his character had a lot more storylines in him not just with Emma but with Henry and Rumple. I just hope the writers don't decide to put Emma and Hook together now because I really dislike that relationship.
Flag
1. Another child of true love? Well it seems pretty likely the one thing she's never had is love. So maybe something about a child of true love can fix that? Who knows. This show has crazy rules.

2. I loved Baelfire. And Neal was ok. But he felt like a very dead end character. So I'm kinda glad he's gone. Sad that he had to die, but glad he's gone. Unfortunately his death moved things forward a lot more than his continued existence.

3. I think raising Rumple knowing some else could control him was a terrible idea. I'm glad he's back though. So I'm backing Belle on that one (and everything else).

4. I think she is. Tricking Snow has got to be at least as much fun as she's ever had.

5. Not really. The flirting was a bit much, but it was so nice to see Regina getting some attention. She looked kinda flattered but trying not to show it (we've all been there). I've never seen the whole Swan Queen thing. I can see things that others might interpret that way, but they seem more like things they've put in to keep those fans rather than real moments. There's no chemistry between the actors, so even when they're sending each other glances and standing a foot apart, it doesn't feel like anything (to me). So apart from Graham, who she was controlling, this is the first time Regina has got any real romantic attention (that was intended), which is a massive oversight given how awesome she is. So even if it's heavy handed it's still adorable to watch, so it doesn't feel rushed.
More+
Flag
I really don't think the show is guilty of queer baiting. I think E&R and consequently LP and JMo have amazing chemistry, much more than any other two people on the show, really. But again, that lies in the eye of the beholder. Also, SQ is much more than chemistry. There is major and real development through the seasons. There are lots of clues and hints that SQ very well might be what A&E had planned from the start. I am sure though, either way, they don't add anything with the singular purpose of keeping SQ fans.
Flag
What I meant with that, is that in tv shows and movies there are certain things, camera angles, lighting, music, scene lengths etc. which make are used to indicate that two characters are attracted to each other. It's really obvious in the scenes with Hook and Emma, or with Hood and Regina in this episode. And then there are moment with Emma and Regina where the behaviour is the same, but the cinematic effects are missing. Like the extended expression from Regina when Emma says she knows she is lying. It's missing the extras that would make the look significant. So it's confusing trying to interpret the intention because it can't be romantic, because it would have the effects. But it can't be unintentional, because those moments are definitely there. Maybe there is a better reason behind it than fan baiting as you say. But it's still confusing to watch, for me at least.
Flag

But seriously folks, bringing "back" Neal just to kill him off? WTF? That's just sad and cruel. I like Neal, but perhaps that's just because I still see him as crazy f***ing Rene Lenier from True Blood. Now that was a character. BAHA!
Flag
1. No idea. What did Rumple want with all those babies he traded for? Maybe it's just kind of a fairy/changeling thing. Like, that's just what they do. But I doubt it, I'm sure there's some long involved backstory involving a dead boyfriend or a disappeared parent. Or both.

2. I really do not like Neal, so I'm cool with him dying, but I did not like the way they killed him off AT ALL. For one thing, they'd been building towards this dude from DAY ONE, and then all of a sudden, oh, he's dead, never mind! And it took him like 20 minutes to die. Just die already! Reminded me of that scene at the beginning of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World where the old man keeps popping back up to say something just when they think he's gone. 'Cept that scene was awesome, unlike this one.

3. Rumple is my favorite OUAT character, so of course I'm glad to have him back, but I think Belle was right. For one thing, he'd made his choice to die to save everyone (and redeem himself), so it's kinda not cool to bring him back only so he can be a slave to evil again, at the risk of everyone's lives.

4. Zelena could conjure a neon sign over her head saying "I AM THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST" and no one in Storybrooke would notice, so yeah. Let the dude have some fun with it.

5. YES. I do not like OutlawQueen for a multitude of reasons, one of the biggest ones being they just stuffed Marian in the fridge so Regina could have a love interest, as if there aren't any singleton fairy tale characters/legends running around without ruining one of the most iconic love stories of legend, and also, yes, they are rushin' that shizzle.

Speaking of Russians, did mid-morph Neal/Rumple kinda look like Vladimir Putin to anyone else?
More+
Flag
I never want to see Michael Raymond-James die again!

Seriously, he's terrible at dying. It was hilariously bad.
Flag
  • I think the whole point in the viewers just then seeing Neal kind of morph into Rumple was to in a way explain how/why Rumple ran off, why we all of a sudden saw Neal in the woods, and why the dagger was not working for Zelena when she called Rumple. If they were sharing one body then when the Neal side came out then the dagger was ineffective to handle Rumple. My guess is that the reason she left before David and Emma showed up was because the dagger/some sort of magic somehow let her know that either the Neal side was dead/that they had been separated or that at the very least that the Rumple side was in control again so the dagger could be used against him.
  • How could Neal be so stupid to think that him bringing his dad back was not going to be a "life for a life" situation. I mean that is how his dad's life was saved last season-resulting in Cora's death.
  • They better think of a way to get Rumple away from Zelena without the dagger effecting him. You just know that with all the s**t that Zelena has put him through he'll seriously want revenge.
  • I surprisingly didn't mind the OutlawQueen parts of the episode. Some of it was almost a flashback to what happened between them in FTL. Although, I do still wonder if she would have shown more chemistry with the actor who played Robin Hood before this guy.
  • Well, at least Emma won't have to make any more decisions between Hook/Neal anymore.
  • I don't necessarily know what Zelena wants with Snow/Charming baby. We know that she has charming courage, and apparently Rumple's brain. Maybe she needs the baby's heart-because it would be pure because it is an innocent new life and she would add that with the other two so she could get whatever revenge/spell whatever she needs these things for. Or she could want the baby for another reason I don;t know.
More+
Flag
I wonder what cell phone carrier the townsfolk of Storybrooke use and who they pay their phone bills to. Does the cell phone company even know they exist? What about water and electricity, practical stuff like that?
Flag
they probably have their own power company and cell phone company...they are supposed to be a self-sustaining community right? ;)
Flag
Yes, I'd like to see that! But why stop there? Maybe they have their own telecommunications satelite too.
Flag
Shhh. You're not supposed to apply logic.
Flag
It's just that they are on the cell phone ALL THE TIME.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members