An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC (Returning September 25, 2016)

Once Upon a Time S03E18: "Bleeding Through"

While many of us may've felt queasy by the end of this revelation-jammed episode of Once Upon a Time, I think we can all agree: “Bleeding Through” included the sexiest ghost ever seen on TV. Sorry, everybody from "Ghostly Lovers," Rose McGowan is the sexiest creature ever to be rendered in a blurry blue CGI outline. But let’s take it from the top! So: Regina was headed to Storybrooke’s Annual Who Can Dress the Most Like a Professional Dominatrix Without Actually Wearing Bondage Gear Charity Ball (Sponsored by Anne Taylor Loft and Home Depot) when Zelena popped in to say hi. Zelena was apparently headed to the same place, but since she’s all about breaking rules and SHOUTING things sartorially, she was naturally wearing a tailored leather apron and an Evil Axis-era chapeau. Costuming is making Choices! I love it

Zelena had a lot to say about how Regina throws her happiness away with both hands and how she should go after what she wants, put it in a cage, and then make it love her. Then she promised she was going to get Regina’s ruby-red resilient heart and her little dog too, my pretty! (Robin, obvs.)

For Robin and his band of Merrie Men were vigilantly guarding Regina’s ticker, which was hidden carefully beneath a loose handful of soil somewhere on the ground right in the general area where lots of people were clomping about in boots, hahahaha.

Yet even with such high-level precautions in place, the precious organ entrusted to Robin’s care was now endangered, for Rumple had been sent after it by Zelena, and here is where we approached a Plot Gray Area, as we so often do on this show. So, Zelena can command Rumple to do something (i.e., “return to your spinning wheel”), but does that also compel him to make on-the-spot decisions to achieve that end, including threatening to kill a child? Is Rumple morally responsible for taking that child’s life, rather than just taking Robin’s arrow? Or do Zelena’s orders force him to take the most ruthlessly efficient path toward achieving each directive? Y’all liberal arts majors out there researching “Once Upon a Time and the Rise of New Calvinism,” holler back in comments.

Anyway, Regina showed up nanoseconds later to find out that Robin had folded like a soft taco and turned over her heart—and despite this being a complete betrayal of the first time she’d trusted someone since she let Emma try that thing with the handcuffs on their anniversary, she was weirdly cool about it. “Nothing is worth the loss of the child. Why am I not dead yet?” Regina said to a repentant Robin, proving that she’d happily sacrifice her life for that of an unknown child and that SHE FEARS NOTHING. She stares back at the gaping abyss and yawns, babies.

Regina’s next stop was the pawn shop, to gauge Belle’s bitch-readings as throughly basic. Guys, have you noticed how someone in the writers’ room has recently remembered all the things Belle should be angry about? Maybe they hung a “Happy Birthday!” banner over the part of the whiteboard where they were keeping track of Belle's arc in the overall plot a couple months ago and they only just now got around to taking it down? Because Belle recently has been calling everyone out on their beef with her, dressing Regina down for locking her up in a tower/asylum/etc. Regina was like “Cherie, why are you bringing this up NOW after like two months of running around town and standing in tableau with the rest of us? Can’t you just let me live my life?! Can’t YOU JUST LITERALLY LET ME LIVE?!” 

Meanwhile, in Backstory Land, Young Cora was moonlighting at a tavern when a handsome rogue pulled a handkerchief out of his bosom with the royal insignia embroidered on it and discreetly threw it in her face! This, coupled with a vague promise of an engagement, served as nothing less than a passport to Cora’s nether regions, and they had some very offscreen giddyup time. And we all know what happens when we have pre-marital sex on OUAT, don’t we children?! 

Yes, you get a bad case of baby and you have to knot clashing sweaters around you until you look like the “Feeeed the biiiirds” woman from Mary Poppins. 

Cora was almost instantly pregnant and went to search out her prince, finding him at the exact same public-park gazebo where Aurora and Phillip were glamping at the beginning of the season. 

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of Victorian novels knows what happened next: The prince was actually a scoundrel, he called her a harlot, and when he found out she was pregnant he shoved her really hard and ran off. YO THOMAS HARDY CALLED AND HE WANTS HIS PLOT BACK! 

None of it mattered, though, 'cause the important thing was that we got to see a super spooky seance! Oh, this was wonderful. I can’t even hide my pure joy at seeing these characters around a table, Snow and Charming eight months out and still not knowing the sex of their baby, Emma and Regina sitting next to each other holding hands and appreciating each other’s blouses, Hook fighting to cross and uncross his legs in those stiff leather pants. Trés agréable! 

Yes, I know, it was another surprise magical device we’d never heard of, but you don’t go to Red Lobster and shriek about all the shellfish on the menu. No, you just order some cheap shit and focus on eating as many of those complimentary cheddar biscuits as you possibly can because real talk, you don’t even like shellfish, you just wanted some biscuits. Guys in this analogy Emma and Regina are my cheddar biscuits. Maybe yours are Rumple and Belle, or Robin, or Hook, or I don’t even know. Let’s just admit the plot has nothing to do with why we’re here right now and enjoy our zesty Cheddar Bay Motherf-cking Biscuits.

Emma was the Charming who acted as the mouthpiece for the Increasingly Indignant Audience when she said, “Uh if raising the dead is so easy, why aren’t we doing this constantly?” and Regina was like, “You need the murderer and the murder weapon, luckily the murder weapon for Cora was a candle so it will make the room super atmosphere-y, but let’s put some ashtrays under the candles to catch the wax because this is a really nice table.” And Snow was like, “Y’all remember that time I murdered Cora? I feel bad now.” But it was too late because a portal to beyond had opened over their very heads!

Poor Regina was then neglected by her own mom even posthumously. Geez. As Emma and Charming and Hook (who invited him?) scampered off to Granny’s, Snow and Regina had a touching conversation where the show Consciously Rebranded Regina. She’s resilient. She feels things so deeply, not just with her heart but with her soul. Regina admitted their relationshop was complicated. Snow copped to being a brat. What in the world was going on? Has Regina become so popular that the intended lead was currying favor with the audience by appreciating her? I don’t know, but once again: Any time OUAT sloooows doooown and lets its excellent actors talk to each other, I love it. This was no exception. I could listen to these two reminisce about life at the palace all day. 

But just when things started getting good, they heard a clattering upstairs and found Sexy, Sexy Ghost Cora. It’s a comforting thought that we get to pick our Ideal Weight Age for our otherworldly spectres, and Cora had gone for the time in her life when she was all eyes and lips. 

She came at them like a hologram Kate Moss at an Alexander McQueen show and Regina totally defended Snow, because OUAT is now acknowledging how much Regina has grown as a person and a good guy. But Pouty Ghost Cora was too strong, too fast, and obviously she wanted to get into Snow’s head to show her WHY SHE ABANDONED HER MAGICKAL BABY. Ready for the dish? A-hem!:

Cora had met Prince Leopold, future King Leopold, future husband to her unborn daughter Leopold, and seduced him by handily making a fire on a damp spot where someone had left a circle of stones, a flint, a bunch of hay, and some kindling. That was enough for him: She was the one. Cora got engaged to Snow’s dad! She was going to get married and be a princess and so was Zelena! 

But of course the Handkerchief Scoundrel demanded jewels for his silence about their baby and Princess Ava (who looked not unlike Anne Hathaway), Leopold’s former betrothed, overheard that Cora was pregnant and revealed all to Leopold, who had Cora removed from the palace. 

Charming, Emma, and Hook returned to stand as witnesses to these revelations, and all of them roundly condemned Princess Ava for “telling a secret”—though as far as I can tell, it was more like she was revealing a conspiracy against the royal succession, which is officially treason, but whatever. Then Belle came in and was like “TIME TRAVEL SPELL!” and everyone was like “Knock, could you?” But Belle’s research kicked off a full-on brainstorm.

It was one of those rare, pearl-like moments where the Charmings put aside their perpetual cloud of obliviousness to make startling leaps of deduction, their thoughts effortlessly pirouetting from synapse to synapse, would that they could draw a conclusion and figure out the next macguffin needed to protect Henry. And so the Charmings realized that to cast the spell, Zelena needed their unborn baby. BABY-SNATCHING is now an integral part of Season 3! I knew we could do it guys. 

Meanwhile, Zelena made Rumple have a dinner date with her that was so sad I almost full-body sobbed. She made him put on a nice little suit, and prepared a tasty little meat pie for each of them, and then they full-body rubbed around on the table. All our families could sit back, eat some Peeps, and enjoy a man making out with a woman under duress and then threatening her life. 

Of course Rumpbelle’s busy fingers were just his attempt to get Zelena’s dagger and regain his autonomy, and she was like, “Ack guys these days amirite ladies a good man is hard to find bikini season!!!” and sent him back to his hidey-hole. Guys, she is super serious about turning back time! Will OUAT fire its whole cast and make next season all about an AU OUAT where Zelena was born to Queen Cora and King Leopold? 

After a final International Cafe Coffee moment betwixt Regina and Snow, Regina found Robin and kissed him full on the lips, like you do with someone who’s endangered your life and the lives of all the people you love. 

Because she can love without her heart I guess? Or maybe the libido lies in the soul? Or are they just pandering to the breeders? Maybe this show only makes sense when you consider Disney’s largest consumer base, young children and their parents. Maybe that’s why the overall series arc has become an ellipse swirling around two primal terrors: the threat of your child being killed or stolen, and the threat of your parents leaving you. Around these two loci, script page after script page are lined end on end to form a perpetual Mobius loop, never going forward, never breaking new ground, only endlessly pulling us back into the darkness of our fear. 

QUESTIONS:

... Zelena: more tragic than dark magic figure, or... ?

... Was Princess Ava to blame for blowing the Cheaters whistle on Cora, or was she wrong in the first place for lying to King Leopold?

... Is Snow and Regina trading memories kind of the best? Do you wish they'd talked dresses a little?

... Robin Hood: great dad or terrible heart guardian?

... Where is this crazy train headed?

... What is your cheddar biscuits?

636 Comments
Comments (636)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Let me get this straight. You're making snide comments about Robin giving up Regina's heart in order to save his son's life?

["So this was annoying me this season, how come Regina could seem emotional without her heart. Because we know from Will in Wonderland, you can't have feelings without your heart. Then again, the Hunter in season 1 was drawn to Emma, but cold to Regina somehow. So their solution was that she can feel with her soul. Kinda desperate explanation."]

You guys have bad memories. Have you really forgotten that Graham became attracted to Emma without his heart? Or that Cora was wallowing in the love of Regina's presence inside the latter's wardrobe . . . without her heart? Or that she had clung to the rose that Regina had placed on her coffin for 28 years . . . without her heart?
Flag
I'd agree with most and say it's both. I mean everyone who has picked up dark magic has had some sort of abandoned past etc

... Was Princess Ava to blame for blowing the Cheaters whistle on Cora, or was she wrong in the first place for lying to King Leopold?
Hardly, and I'm not even sure why Snow thought it was so bad. What Snow did was ruin get Regina's boyfriend killed, what Ava did was to save the kingdom from a conniving woman. I'm guessing she was letting out all the guilt instead.

... Is Snow and Regina trading memories kind of the best? Do you wish they'd talked dresses a little?
Honestly I'm glad this happened. I mean of all the characters, Emma included, Regina and Snow have had the greatest amount of interaction and unresolved history. There was probably not a better time to talk, given that Zelena's plan has firmly thrown them all onto the same side. Most importantly, Snow was able to acknowledge that Regina had truly become the person she knew earlier, the kind and caring one.
I'm hoping Regina gives Snow better tips on how to dress sexy post-partum

... Robin Hood: great dad or terrible heart guardian?
Definitely great dad. Regina with all her magic could barely land a scratch on Zelena, there was no way Robin would've done anything. In fact it was really touching to see that he had definitely been brooding over it the whole day and was so guilty about it.

on another note, despite all that talk about soul-loving and what not, how exactly does Regina feel love? I thought she wanted to remove it to not feel pain I.e. Not to feel at all? And speaking if which, how did Cora feel love either? I thought she had removed her heart after hanging with Rumple? Or was this before Meeting him at all?

... Where is this crazy train headed?
I hope to a good conclusion!

... What is your cheddar biscuits?
i ship Emma and Regina more platonically, like super BFFs. I'm more captain Swan (which I hope we see more of soon!) And hey hey, show me some Robin-Regina love! I love them the most, they seem oddly more mature and more grounded in whatever they're having
More+
Flag
Sorry this is so behind... but I'm behind. Hulu doesn't show the episodes until a week later, and then I just let them sit in my queue for a while, until I'm tired enough of Grimm to consent to watching something else. :)

QUESTIONS:

Both. Given Rumple's and Regina's back stories, it's pretty clear that those two things are not mutually exclusive. In fact, tragedy is pretty-much a prerequisite for the other thing.

Ah... Princess Eva did the right thing. She might have been strangely bitchy about it, which is not like Snow's memories at all, but... maybe that's the point. In Snow's memories, Eva was a perfect, wonderful, kind, wise, loving woman. In Cora's memories, Eva was a bitch. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

But regardless, she did the right thing. Can't think how anybody can think otherwise. I'm putting Snow's strange stance as her making peace with Regina. Or maybe Cora got in her head a little more than they thought.

... Is Snow and Regina trading memories kind of the best? Do you wish they'd talked dresses a little?

Honestly, I could take or leave those scenes. They felt stilted and forced to me.

Great dad. Rumple made it very clear that he had no choice but to go through with his threat if Robin didn't yield, and Regina's right - nothing's worth the loss of a child.

BTW, I think the question of whether Rumple's responsible for killing a child is irrelevant... because he didn't kill the child. He knew perfectly well that Robin wouldn't let anything happen to his child, which means that Rumple actually chose the best option for getting the heart: the one where no one, in fact, got hurt. At least, not in the process of getting the heart.

More to the point, is Emma somehow immune?

I'm losing my love for cheddar biscuits. I, in fact, want some seafood.
More+
Flag
Late for me, but, why not.

I hardly find it a coincidence that Belle would only call out the woman, Regina, about being a victim and pawn of her crimes. Rumple of course had yelled and lied to her multiple times but she kept going back to him even after saying she would leave. And Hook has literally slapped her around more than a few times but unlike R&R has yet to indicate any intention of apologizing or feeling sorry about it, but she (and the fandom) forgive him off the bat. But Regina is the only one she decides to hold a grudge against.

She seems to flip flop when it comes to how she comes off as a villain. Sometimes she's intriguing and makes you want to see what else she's got, and other times she's like an high school jock/cheerleader trying to prove so desperately she's the alpha dog. When it's the latter, she lacks the charisma and cunningness that (older) Cora as well as Regina, Rumple, Peter Pan, even King George and the Blue Fairy have. (She kind of reminds of Hook in that manner).

Eva blew the whistle solely because Leopold wasn't going to marry her for a peasant girl. In other words, she couldn't handle not getting her way due to someone she deemed filth. Cora lied because she knew it would be a conspiracy and bad press to have a child out of wedlock and one that wasn't Leopold's. Eva knew she'd have the upper hand anyway by being a royal, and used that to wheedle a (still pathetic and balding) Leopold that no filthy Muggle blood would taint the royal pureblood lines.

They could have a whole episode or so about their times before and during Regina's marriage to Leopold.

To be honest, it doesn't sound much different than whenever Emma or Snow and David would drop Henry off with whichever Storybrooke character was the closest throughout the previous seasons.

Probably with Zelena having more tantrums and identity crises. She seems to take all her plots, ideas, and even dialogue from the other OUAT baddies.

More+
Flag
Great review. Totally loved this episode...I just totally love this show!

1. Zelena is very tragic and evil. She is a very jealous person. I can see how she has had a tragic life, but so did Regina. Her mother was horrible to her. And look how Regina turned out.
2. Princess Ava was definitely NOT to blame. She was doing the right thing by revealing the truth to the Prince. Not sure why they made her seem like she had been in the wrong.
3. I loved Snow and Regina rekindling in this ep.
4. Robin Hood is a great dad! Just love him for Regina :)
5. no idea where this train is headed...the show is always full of surprises. Hope Zelena does not succeed in this time travel
6. My cheddar biscuits are Hook and Emma. I'm totally for Captain Swan &3&3
Flag
you give the best reviews i have ever seen.
Flag
Great review, as often! I really can't get enough of your captions!
I'm a bit saddened by Cora's attitude: when she died and said that REgina "would have been enough" and that she regretted taking her heart out, I really liked her and felt sad that she died... But now that we know that she got rid of Zelena because she was an inconvenience... and that was BEFORE she took her heart out!!! Well... Good riddance, Bitch!

=& Yeah,I'm feeling more and more sorry for her with every episode.

=& Yeah, Cora was wrong in the first place. But Cora was a real B**** for LIKING to blow the whistle!

=& Yeah. The finally realised they shouldn't have been fighting in the first place.

=& Both! He of course was right to save his kid, but... hiding the heart under a tree? Seriously?

=& A big ABC family happy ending with tears and love.

PS: As a "breeder", I'm NOT offended by the term. Actually, I'm more offended (and annoyed!) by people saying "OMG! Don't be offended by this term, YOU should not EVER complain because you're NOT gay/black/poor/a panda but I AM and so I have MORE REASONS TO FEEL OFFENDED!" Geez! People have a right to be sensitive! Even if they're straight/white/rich/Lions! Come on!
But seriously, I really, sincerely think that you must have a problem with this issue, Lily! That's not the first time you state that kids/parents/breastfeeding/parenting is gross/revolting/stupid. Maybe you should work on that...?
More+
Flag
Cheddar Biscuits?

Hook. My gosh Hook.

And Regina's lipstick. This week she had the most amazing lipstick I've ever seen in my life.

I look forward to watching the show each week just to read your hilarious reviews. They always make me laugh so hard, so thanks for that!
Flag
Although I liked this episode, I asked myself the same question
... WHERE IS THIS CRAZY TRAIN HEADED?
Flag
People are being way too sensitive over the use of the term "breeder". The word itself, as a non-native speaker, does not seem so offensive to me. Human beings are animals, afer all, and we wouldn't be here to discuss this if we were NOT breeders. Seriously, some of you guys need to sit back and relax, or take a chill pill, whatever suits you best. It's not the most positive of terms but it's definitely not as offensive as you make it out to be.
Flag
ROFL. Lily, I not sure if I'm stupid or just uneducated. BUT, I had to straight up GOOGLE "breeders". LOLOLOLOL ..... as a straight person. I don't even feel bad. Like, honestly if you people are going to be offended, like IDK. GET A LIFE, I guess??
Flag
Best thing about the comments is the people offended by the term breeders HAHAHAHA HA HA HA. HA. HA. HA. (as aposed to every week when they are offended by Lily loving the Swan Queen)

Flag
Definitely pandering to the breeders. Yup. *nods*
Flag
Why have I *just* now stumbled upon your wonderful and hilarious review!!!
on point with everything. I think I LOLed at every other sentence and meme. And my gosh, Emma and Regina are my cheddar biscuits and keep me sustained for the week. I feel as if they are forcing the a outlaw Queen on viewers as a deterrent or pathetic response for SQ hardcore massive fanbase. As if the writers are "take that, you SQ shippers!" I don't see the chemistry or the reasoning behind them being soul mates. He's really boring if you ask me. Not gonna lie though, I did squeal when I saw them kiss because let's face it, Regina needs some lovin' my girl needs it bad.

yeah, I couldn't stop staring at her open blouse. 8)

Zelena is just annoying at this point much like Pan was toward the end and bratty most of all. The writers seriously need to look back at season one and focus on ONE story arc and not this wiggly wobbly mess of a ball of plots and story lines trying to outdo the previous season or half season's Big Bad. We already love the characters so keep it simple.

And back to SQ, they SERiOUSLY cannot throw that bullsh*t line that 'it's a family show' therefore we can't have SQ because "Regina is Snow White's step mom and that's just weird if she ended up with snow white's daughter's who happens to be her adoptive son's bio mother." LEOPOLD knew who Cora was when she introduced him to her lovely daughter Regina, confirmed by the writers on twitter. Now tell me, which one is more effed up? The king who fancied Regina's mom back when she was Angelina Jolie's look alike and knew her to be Cora's daughter or SQ? Let's put this into perspective how effed up that is in terms of another view. Let's say Regina (in this scenario is just joe blow) and Baelfire were betrothed, but split up. Years later she meets Emma and Baelfire, whom she knows, and decides to marry their son (grown up in this scenario to illustrate the point) knowing full well she had a thing for the daddy. I guess it makes it okay when it's a woman who's being subjected for marriage to king so things like screwed upness turn into family friendly themes.
More+
Flag
First loved that Rose Mcgowan was back in this episode..she is awesome!!
This was really a redeeming episode for Regina, well it felt like that for me.
First she had to make up with Belle, then with Snow....
Loved how Emma is getting used to use her powers...did you see how she took the hook from Hook...nice
Was great to see why Zelena was left alone and not stayed with Cora.
So the connection between Snow and Regina go's far far way back.
Loved Rumpel this episode...he had almost had her...
So now Zelena has everything she needs and we know what she wants to do...
Flag
On the "breeders" turmoil- please note that in the Aerosmith song "Walk This Way", Steven sings about a "cheerleader was a real young breeder", apparently referring to her overachieving anatomy.
Flag
OK - I want to take one more stab at the 'Where's The Krazy Train Going?' thingy. I still stand by my earlier comment about Regina sacrificing herself so that Snow-Emma-Henry are born (only being dead until next Fall, of course) - but how 'bout this too? The wedding that we hear about is in FTL, between Regina and Robin, but busted up by Marion's appearance. Then Regina sacrifices herself. Meanwhile, back at the ranch...my bad, I mean back in Storybrooke, Regina and Robin continue to fall more deeply in love, not remembering the outcome in FTL. Then poof! Regina is gone, because she was never born. End of season.

Flag
So... How come King Leopold didn't later recognise Cora when she hooked him up with Regina?
Flag
He did. Adam said on Twitter that he knew Regina was Cora's daughter.
Flag
Making him an even bigger asshole. Harsh, m
Flag
So this was annoying me this season, how come Regina could seem emotional without her heart. Because we know from Will in Wonderland, you can't have feelings without your heart. Then again, the Hunter in season 1 was drawn to Emma, but cold to Regina somehow. So their solution was that she can feel with her soul. Kinda desperate explanation.
Flag
  • I don't know how Regina can be emotional without her heart. Maybe it is the feel it in your soul thing. Or maybe when it comes to Robin part of it is the subconscious. Regina and Robin have shown instances of deja vu in the show where they have even said things that they previously said in FTL to each other (sometimes exactly the same words), yet cannot remember any interaction in FTL, much less perhaps falling for one another. Perhaps it is that connection that they did have that allows for her to be emotional around him even without her heart.
    • Well, Will did show some feelings without his heart, even if it was not love. He was able to show concern multiple times, including when Alice was forgetting everything because of those plants. He showed desperation when he was trying to get Lizard to take back her wish for him to feel something for her. There were times he could feel frustration, nervous, even fearful a few times.
    • The hunter might have been cold to Regina because of the subconscious thing I mentioned earlier. He might have subconsciously known that she took his heart but did not remember because of the curse. Maybe (unknowingly at the time) as the savior, Emma was able to bring something out in him when he was around her, thus able to show emotion.
More +
Flag
I do believe Regina feels with her soul but still needs her heart. With being said, I thought that when her and Robin kissed that their memories would return (broken spell and all). So maybe her heart missing had something to do with that? Or is Robin really not her True Love?
Flag
I don't think they have really said one way or the other who Regina's true love is. Maybe in the next episode we will see if Regina and Robin's memories come back or not because of the kiss. At the very least, Robin's might return because he has his heart.
Flag
Snow and Regina scenes were the best. And Emma practicing magic awesome, but I think she needs more magic lesson.(I wish Rumple teach her once).
Flag
I hope Regina and Zelena get more interactions in the show.
Its pretty interesting when they get together.
I also want to see Emma do more magic.
Also who was watching Henry in this show??
Flag
Zelena: more tragic than dark magic figure, or... ?
Absolutely. I mean how many times she had already repeated to Regina that she doesn't appreciate the things she has around her? Why can't Zelena heed to her own advice??
Her intentions wasn't pure. Nobody loves a tattle-tale... but she seem to change tremendously after she had Snow... Which begs the question back in Season 1, why did King Leopold didnt recgonise Cora when Regina saved Snow??? To think that in his later yrs he couldn't get Cora he wanted her daughter as queen???

Really?? Because of my question above, it doesn't seem logical that they should ever be friends.
As long as Regina where the father's heart is. Besides, Zelena couldnt control Regina with that heart.
I know right?? Doesn't make sense.
Blue

More+
Flag
Adam H. said that Leopold did recognize Cora when he went to propose to Regina. Maybe they had some sort of interaction that we did not see where they talked about the fact that he was marrying her daughter.
Flag
Ok, first, deeply offended by the librarian crack. The internet is a minefield of inaccurate information and librarians usually bring you one correct answer, instead of 600 000 'did you mean this' answers. We are the awesome keepers of knowledge, and don't you forget it!

Can we talk about the delightful scene of Emma mucking about with magic in the diner with Hook, teleporting beverages and prosthetics all over the place? Couldn't stop giggling at her glee when she managed it. That scene is probably the first time since season one that I didn't want to punch Emma right in the mouth.

Despite knowing at was going to be a ruse, I nearly started shouting at the screen when Rumple started snogging Zelena. HELL NO! Rumbelle = my Once OTP.

Zelena as tragic figure would work if she wasn't so damn gleeful about the hurt she's putting on everyone around her. Perhaps if her abandonment issues and envy seemed more deep seated and less like an excuse for a sociopath to act like a sociopath.

And oh my gods, I asked for it last week, and I received! Snow and Regina hammering out their issues! Recognising the conflict between these two women as being the structural centre of the show! Characters being self aware! Please excuse me while I fangasm over my wish fulfilment. *flail*

In other news, I don't hold it against Robin for choosing to save his kid. Seems Regina agrees with me, though she should have rethought giving her heart to someone with such an obvious pressure point. Maybe someone with less family members to lose?
More+
Flag
Staff
I apologize if I said anything offensive about librarians. They are seriously heroes.
Flag
Damn straight ;-)
Flag
Love the review, Lily! Once again, you made me laugh out loud. Am I the only one who wishes Zelena would do some serious damage to Jonathan the Gardener? If she's going to blame someone for her abandonment, beyond Cora, of course, he's top of the list in my book. I hope we get a flashback of Cora taking care of him after she learns magic. Why is it in this show that the magical women just sit back and let themselves get taken prisoner? This is a show about magic-- but it seems to evaporate every time someone needs it. I never really understood how that worked. It happened to Regina multiple times. Seems to be a device the writers use to make the women 'weaker' and increase the possibility of saving a damsel in distress. If they actually had magic that worked all the time, no one would be taking Regina prisoner.

Flag
I theorize since it is only the women who have this problem, that perhaps it has something to do with their monthly cycle. Perhaps magic on this show doesn't work then..
Flag
You make a good point- Anne Bishop (Black Jewels series) explained it by saying women who were more powerful tended to have more problems with their monthly cycles, and weren't able to use their magic then (or when they were pregnant). Hadn't considered that in this context, but it's quite likely
Flag
I was being a bit facetious, but it doesn't surprise me to think someone's thought of the whole monthly cycle thing before. It's getting a bit clumsy as devices go to always have Regina or Cora or whichever female we happen to be watching suddenly lose their powers when the going gets tough. I mean why bother having them if you can't kick some fairy tale guard butt whenever you feel like it?
Flag
The trick is to get maximum results for minimum effort- set up your protective spells ahead of time!
Flag

Lily, very funny one more time! Absolutely love the Cheddar biscuits analogy LOL!

And here are my answers:
Zelena is tragic; Cora was wrong for lying, but I feel sorry for her; Snow and Regina's conversation was the best part of the episode! I wish it went on for a lot longer; Robin: great dad AND terrible heart guardian; No idea where that train is going; and Regina is definitely my cheddar biscuit, ...and maybe Rumple, I think!
Flag
Oh Lily, you kill me with these recaps, you really do.
Flag
As a queer transwoman who was recently the victim of transphobic assault, those affected by the terribly oppressive term "breeders" have my upmost sympathies. My heart would go out to you but unfortunately I entrusted it to some rogue-ish type with a bow.
Flag
My cheddar biscuits are CaptainSwan and OutlawQueen!!!!!!!
And i definitely love the scenes with Regina and Snow, is amazing the change of their relationship in this season they are adorable!!
Flag
Staff
I am very much enjoying Snow and Regina repairing things. Also this is a good clone recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits: http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/R/89.htm
Flag
Thank you!!! i really liked, and i will try to do it :)
Flag
Oh god! This was so funny! My Cheddar and Biscuits are Regina and Robin by far but i do think she might need that golden retriever, at least it can go get her heart back! At this point, I think everyone is on some island, chillin in the airplane wondering what is going to happen next and if Jafar is goign to come walkin in cause we are all lost.
Flag
I would love to see Jafar on this show. Maybe he can remain and get a redemption arc. Personally I felt more sympathy for him despite his misdeeds than I did for Alice and Cyrus (especially Cyrus) and I booed when they were getting married and had their happily every after. I mean, because of Cyrus, s**t hit the fan causing bad stuff to happen and then allowed Jafar to become evil and powerful (yes his a**hole dad was apart of that but Cyrus caused problems that led to bad Jafar in the first place). And look here I am ranting about a spin-off character. The point is, I want to see Naveen Andrews on Once again and get a redemption arc.
Flag
Instead of a golden retriever, how about a yellow lab.............named Vincent....
Flag
I feel bad for Zelena. The bad guys in this show are actually who I feel most sorry for.

Ava seemed like a cunt in this episode, but so was Cora. Cora was always a golddigging bitch, but she also slept with a guy quite easily just for saying he was a prince. Perhaps she shouldn't have believed him so easily... She was obviously not a nice girl, and she also lied to Leopold, who seemed like he would have married her even if she was pregnant if only she had told the truth. She kept doing the wrong thing.
Flag
Gross father and tattle-tale mother. Way to go, Snow.
Flag
Well it just really occurs to me, and now I am at peace. Why should I expect all the loose ends to be neatly tied up when Kitsis was a "Lost" writer and one of the masters of the "Left Hanging"/"No Ending"? I think I just lowered my expectations and will just continue to enjoy the show.
Unrelated: I just love Lana Parilla and how she dresses week to week. In that blue number at the open SO beautiful.
Flag
And my cheddar biscuits are how they dress so many of the characters (HOOK EXCLUDED!) like Regina and Belle. So frikkin cute. But why Emma and the ruffle/plaid obsession? Also, take the scarf off Henry and get him a new signature look. Storybrook surely must have the best mall ever.
Flag
I love Regina's FTL outfits; and want to shop at the Evil vs Wicked boutique!
Flag
Staff
They have got some kind of outlet situation going on, of that I'm certain.
Flag
All I have to say is that I ship Robin and Regina so hard. They are adorbs.
Flag
Since it's impossible to have a serious male love interest around other than the crazy Charmings; Robin will last just as long as it takes for a crazy curse sacrifice thingy to make his kid an orphan and Regina a stepmom again.
Flag
Emma's magic BOOM! part with Hook at Granny's is the best part tbh ^^ &3
Flag
I realized this morning how Zelena must have figured out that Regina left her heart in Robin's safekeeping. It seemed like a non-obvious hiding place to Regina because she doesn't have her FTL memories, and so even though she knows about the lion tattoo and all, she still doesn't know that they have a whole history in FTL. But Zelena still has her memories and surely knows all about Regina and Robin. I've been pretty sure all along that we're going to find out that Regina and Robin got married in FTL, and certainly, the husband would be the first person Zelena would think of. It's true that Regina and Robin don't remember each other consciously, but the deja vu moment and the speed with which they've gotten close (we've seen just enough of their FTL story to know that it wasn't like that when they met for the very first time) are indicators that they subconsciously remember each other.
Flag
I thought the same thing. I don't know if they are necessarily married, but at the very least they could have gotten pretty close or even engaged. I figured that Zelena having her memories had something to do with knowing that Robin probably had the heart. I've mentioned the deja vu moments but not everyone wants to remember that (in some cases its because they are SQ fans, so they ignore it).
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
That's actually a good idea. It's been bothering me how she figured it out and in this show it's either going to be a major plot point and therefore vital information, or it is going to be ignored completely and we're supposed to forget it. I'm hoping for the former.
Flag
I really hate Robin/Regina, but I do believe they are the ones getting married in the finale. I just hope Marian comes back to life and crashes their wedding if that's the case.
Flag
I really like this show. I know that it doesn't always make sense and new spells/rules keep popping up. But the characters are really likeable (at least most of them). So just try to ignore the lack of ability the writters have to think many seasons ahead and enjoy the mini-season rides. I really like the new 2 × 11 - episode arks. So what if they haven't thought of this story from the begining? It's an interesting story and I don't mind if it conflicts with the past a little bit. Of course it's better when the writters have a greater plan. But if sticking to details means that you don't enjoy the show anymore, then become more tolerant to these mistakes. It's better than the show dying with boring stories about love triangles (see TVD).
Flag
Wait, how did Zelena/Rumple know where to find Regina's heart?
Flag
This was actually a really significant episode for me - I'm a shipper and i always have my favourites but I love to see people connecting and communicating usually for the greater good but every so often in complete contention with each other.
This is what this show does so well. With strong actors in interesting situations you get something worth watching. Our traditional ships being presented (captain swan, swan queen, outlaw queen etc.) follow the same yearnings, connections, true love, opening your heart situations. These are the building blocks.
But then you get the 'stranger' less defined relationships that are open to change. Considering her father is close to her age, OUAT seem to have established a comfortable platonic father daughter relationship. There's nothing overtly sexual or strange and her parents are her parents. It's brilliant and a shows that no matter what you can have the relationship you need. Nice call.
But in this episode it made my eyes water to see Snow and Regina's relationship change so dramatically. Props to both for accepting that things may not have been all it seems with their parents and forgiving one another. I know a common enemy puts things into context (and in the real world it truly is nasty to use someone in that way unless they are actually targeting you like Zelena) but to see a future for themselves where they can co-exist happily (especially Regina) is something you rarely see. Most people fuelled by their anger and hate would just turn on each other again once that person had gone or been eliminated.
Here's to an interesting future OUAT!
(Can we see all the men bonding? More possible relationships to dissect!)
More+
Flag
I have this head canon that Ruby, Belle and Grumpy are all bros and hang out on weekends, drinking and introducing Belle to the movies she missed in the asylum. I'd love to see a reference to that kind of thing. What do the ither characters get up to between the asventures?
Flag
Great Review as always! Look forward to reading your take on the Episodes and associated images almost as I do the episode itself. The use of 'breeders' did irk me a little though which is a shame. As a homosexual I think there's enough homophobic comments to cause a rift without fueling the ridiculous 'us and them' mentality further, hope it's not a word that makes it into anymore reviews!
Flag
"Envy is just another word for ambition."
"Well that's just - not true." &---- best line of the episode.....tied with "That was me....sorry love, I crossed my legs and bumped the table." Nice to know fairytale characters do this.
Worst line of the ep goes to: "She has your Rumple." Please, don't ever, ever say that again.

Younger Cora is amazing....she has the same voice and lips as the older Cora. It's almost creepy.

Something isn't adding up. Cora was going to marry Leopold (Snow White's father) but didn't. Then, when Leopold's first wife died, Cora's (second) daughter Regina married him? Whaaaaat??? Not only does the timeline make zero sense, but shouldn't the fact that Regina was his former fiance's daughter have been a problem? Why has this not come up before now? Wouldn't it have been at least a little awkward for Cora to accept Leopold's proposal for Regina? Wouldn't he have recognized her? WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE.
Flag
  • Why would it be awkward for her to accept Leopold's marriage proposal to Regina when she set it up to happen?
    • It has been established that Cora is the one that caused Eva's death.
    • It has also been established that Cora made sure Snow's horse was spooked so Regina could save her thus getting the proposal.
      • She knew Eva and Leopold had a daughter, and she knew from experience that Leopold had a good heart. He would want a new mother for his daughter, someone she would like. Thus, if Regina saved her, then Snow would at least trust the nice lady who saved her.
  • According to Adam H. he did recognize Cora. Whether or not we will ever see a conversation between the two while him and Regina were engaged is debatable.
Flag
"She has your Rumple."

Hahaha! I'm so glad someone brought this up because I totally laughed at it during the episode. Times like that make you go, "For the love... couldn't that have been his last name!?"
Flag
I went cross eyed thinking too hard about it!
Flag
1. Eh, Zelena's not tragic, just psycho.

2. Eva was a bitch about it, but it's understandable, I mean, she did lose her crown I mean man and all. Cora shouldn't have lied about it, but that, too, is understandable. I'd probably do the same in that situation.

3. Oh man I loved Snow and Regina having a little chit-chat. Definitely need to do that more often.

4. Both.

5. No clue whatsoever.

6. Rumple, Rumbelle and Sleeping Warrior (if they'd ever show them anymore!).

P.S. I'm not a "breeder," as you so term them, but that's pretty damn offensive. No better than calling a gay person a fag.

Dick move, Lily.
Flag
Staff
It's actually a term used by childfree people for people with kids...not sure why you're comparing it to homophobia? To take it back to the text: "Or are they just pandering to the breeders? Maybe this show only makes sense when you consider Disney’s largest consumer base, young children and their parents." But please, find something to complain about. That makes the world a better place 4 shore.
Flag
So because a term is used by one group of people (childfree) that makes it OK? This "breeder" finds the term offensive. The fact that I have children does not make having "bred" my defining characteristic. Should I start calling childfree people "barren ones"? I thought feminism brought us a little further than defining one another by our reproductive activity.
Flag
Staff
why y'all staying quiet on me saying "basic bitch" three times a week then? This isn't about feminisim, this is about people who never feel challenged feeling SHOCKED that there's a derogatory term about them. Plus it's a joke, brah. Voltaire said "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you're not allowed to criticize."
Flag
Also I hate to break it to the guy, but straight people are not oppressed. So it's pretty far from the whole "no better" thing if it literally has no institutional power behind it, i.e. people saying that cannot affect you.
Flag
I couldn't stop myself at the end of the episode from yelling "Regina, you stop that and go home to your wife!"
Flag
Hear hear!!!
Flag
She doesn't have a wife.
Flag
That you know of.
Flag
I know that this show doesn't take itself very seriously, but I mean, wtf about the Cora/Prince Leopold thing...we already saw this play out a few seasons ago, entirely differently with a younger prince. Remember Cora sneaking into the ball, getting caught and spinning straw into gold? I can't remember how it played out and why she didn't wind up marrying Snow's dad...point is, if they got a new Leopold and changed the whole story, why not get a new young Cora too? That actress = killing me.
But seriously, one of the things I actually liked about the first two seasons was that even though it was outlandish, they had explanations for a lot of the madness. They just opened up a gaping hole last night, by telling one story of young Cora's ambitious designs on royalty in an earlier season, then telling completely another. Very bad form!
(Also, I was watching it with outsiders for once, so I guess the ridiculousness [of the CGI, that silly dagger and oh, Zelena's flared nostrils] was heightened for me but whatever I will still watch it alone.)
Flag
Uhm, the whole spinning straw into gold was with Henry, Regina's father. It had nothing to do with Leopold. The events that occured in "The Miller's Daughter" took place after the events of last night's episode. Cora had already abandonned Zelena.
Flag
Oh thank you. I knew I had to be missing something; that was too obvious an oversight.
Flag
I'm still confused, if this happened as you say, then why was Princess Ava trying to marry Prince Henry if she was already with Leopold... or is this another Princess Ava from the northern kingdom?
Flag
I really love your reviews and get a laugh out of them, but I've got to say that line about "breeders" was really rather offensive and intolerant. Not cool. But I do appreciate the funny graphics in this review. So thanks for that.
Flag
People REALLY need to get the sticks out of their breeder assholes. Its not meant to offend. As a fellow breeder, I have no issue with the term because that's what people who have the intention of reproducing are. Just take it easy.
Flag
So glad it wasn't just me. I have a child, but my childfree friends have NEVER referred to me as a breeder. And I've asked, and we are close enough they would tell me if they do.

I tolerate all the shipping because I like the reveiws/recaps, but that term is just as offensive as some of the ones for black and gays.

And Lilys justification of it being a derogatory term childfree people use for people with kids is just a stupid as non white or not homosexual people using their derogatory terms. Just because I'm "black-free", can use the n- word?

You don't need to be boring vanilla, and I get that this is satire, but this is beyond funny it's rude and offensive. I know you don't give a crap about what us non shippers think, but you crossed a line,
Flag
Staff
You crossed a line from ridiculous to offensive yourself when you compared the term "breeder" with the n-word. I don't think childfree people ever enslaved parents or created institutions dedicated to their oppression and exploitation.In fact, parents not only aren't a marginalized group, they are an institution lauded & applauded as the ideal by state, church and media- which, great! I'm not anti-family, I just like to surprise my readers into thinking something they haven't before. Not to mention breeder is a factually correct term (and the Breeders are an amazing band) and not actually that insulting if you think about it (certainly no more insulting than Pan calling out Belle's birthing hips). Whatever baggage you have with that word (since you apparently ask your friends if it's true?!?!?!) might be your own. Just saying.
Flag
OK, not that you really care, but just a tiny bit of background, I am probably much older than your normal fan base, so I am of an age that I remember a day when the n-word was simply a derogatory term for a black person, I am also of an age where I hadn't heard the term breeder before, but I felt offended as I read it even without knowing how you meant it. So, yes, I asked my younger coworkers/friends for it's implications. They take great pleasure in educating this old bird. And no, it wasn't just a random question, we actually have lunchroom discussions about the show and if it's up your posts on Mondays. They even showed me an urban dictionary app which confirmed it's not really meant to be a complimentary term. I have no baggage, I was just curious.

Also, the line I thought you crossed was more the fact that you felt you had to use ANY derogatory term. You are a pretty gifted writer and have an extensive vocabulary. It frankly seemed way beneath you. I thought you could have made your point without taking what seemed like such a cheap shot. I've only been reading these recaps a short time, but I've never had the reaction of "screw you" before. And I did after I read the breeder comment. So I guess in that respect, hat's off to you, you did get a strong reaction. And it did prompt discussion over the lunchroom table on Monday. As for the shows dialogue and Pan's "birthing hips" that's the writers choice of words. On this forum, I was only commenting on yours.

I am so sorry I offended you back, that wasn't my intention, I simply wanted to call you out on what I thought was a low blow. I really do love your recaps and think they are usually hysterical. I don't want you to be all vanilla and boring, sassy is more fun.
More +
Flag
Staff
Sometimes it takes strong words to make people uncomfortable, and being uncomfortable isn't necessarily a bad thing if it makes new thoughts happen. I'm far from always right but when I think I have a point I hold pretty tenaciously to it. No specific offense meant to yourself, and thank you for dialoguing with me in such an open and positive manner, it's appreciated.
Flag
It's funny how these people don't take offense with the effective straightwashing/queerbaiting on the show yet as soon as someone says something coy about the dominant institution to which they belong they get all grumpy and things.
Flag
I think that people will get offended with terms that apply to them that they find offensive. A person without kids would read that and move on because it doesn't apply to them. I think it is kind of a stupid thing to say-no one should be defined by one particular aspect of themselves (unless we are taking about perverts or murders-they kinda of gave up the right to be respected by the rest of us). I think that people have the right to say what they want-this is a free country-but people have the right to be offended as well and as a writer you have to be willing to accept the consequences for the words you put out there. You may not think that the term "breeders" is offensive and to you its truly NBD and you find it funny, but that does not mean that others don't have the right to feel offended by it. Now as for calling women bitches or whatever it is you referenced in an above post-maybe the difference is that I assume you were talking about characters-make believe ppl who are created by writers to be bitchy or not while in this review your term "breeders" refers to real people-real audience members with children. Maybe next time you should just come up with a more respectful term to use instead of risking offending a large group of ppl. In this country a lot of ppl go out of their way to NOT offend ppl- Respect for others is what is key here.
More +
Flag
Holy hell your reviews are the best! I came across this blog by happenstance the other day googling for a quick recap of last week's episode, that I missed. You had me in tears with your visual aids, so I went all the way back to the beginning of this season and binge read all your OUAT posts. Though that's probably not any more healthy than binge watching a show, I justified it because I was reading and flexing my brain muscles.

You have me sold on this whole Swan Queen thing. If for nothing else, it adds a layer of depth to the show where there is none, especially in the bad episodes. I honestly hadn't put any thought into it before reading your posts, now I'm all in. The whole Swan Queen thing makes me happy for Emma; I mean she's had it rough being rejected by Dr. House, marrying The Captain who's obsessed with boats, then dating that weenie Ted for a while. She deserves to be happy with Regina. I CTFU at your handcuffs reference. I figure that they like it rough, that whole Evil Queen thing has to be fun in the bedroom, right?

I was also sad when the stupid writers had Regina run into the woods to kiss Robin. I mean, 10 minutes prior, Snow approved of her and Emma's relationship. Then I thought maybe this is Ragina's way of making Emma jealous for the whole Hook situation? I'll to roll with it for now.

- I don't know. I think it's more tragic that yet another baddy has mommy/daddy abandonment issues and is related to the good guys in some way. WTF! It's not a wonder the Charmings are so dumb, that FTL gene pool is the size of a bucket. I will say this show has been immensely better this season with new baddys and not forcing us to try to hate a reforming (reformed?) Regina.
- Where I come from, snitches get stitches.
- I was digging that. As I said, Snow has accepted Regina in Emma's life. It was touching.
-That dude is the worst. Who puts a human heart under a few leaves next to a tree? I wouldn't let him look after an old pair of shoes. I mean, it's an arrow, they're in a town with doctors and modern medicine, chances are high the kid would've lived….

- I don't know, but it's disheartening that there's yet another curse looming and from next week's previews, it looks like Henry's in danger, yet again, at the end of the season. I almost feel like I'm watching Groundhog's Day here. I swear the writers think we're all as stupid as the Charmings and can't handle anything else.

More+
Flag
Staff
Thanks for the shout out! I have justified a lifetime of binge humor reading with the thought that it has to be good for my abs. LOL @ Emma being rejected by House.
Flag
Honestly, I think she was a fool for rejecting Chase, but I have a thing for Aussie accents
Flag
The kid would have lived? Hope you don't end up with a crossbow and a toddler
Flag
Riiight... Just because I believe in the advancements in modern medicine and the fact that arrows cause less internal damage than bullets, means the second I had both a crossbow and a toddler at my disposal I'd ask someone to hold my beer and test my theory.
Flag
I'm just so glad that Zelena's actress has toned down the mugging. Seriously, It's Not Easy Being Green or WTF-ever.

*snarl**grimace* -Wicked one-liner- *curled grin**grimace* -death threat- *snide laughter*

It was constantly like that! Now it's... manageable. I know the writers or actress must have wanted something a bit different from the Regina- or Rumple-type villain (cynical, takes-no-shit, queenly and playful, trickster, and will kill you in an instant), but give me a break. Give me some character!
Flag
I have to agree with the post a few below mine - so "breeders" is what we call heterosexual people/people who support a heterosexual ship/people who support Regina and Robin Hood? Oh, good to know. That's not offensive or derogatory at all...
Flag
Staff
I used a derogatory term for parents in reference to a show that bends over backwards to deify parents. I call it satire, you call it being rude, whatever it is I’m glad it worked! You're thinking new thoughts. I can't do that being a lump of vanilla ice cream. I have zero interest in being The Least Offensive Blogger Who Ever Lived.
Flag
Even though I still don't like the word choice, I respect that response. Agree to disagree (and for the most part, I think a lot of your comments on the show are hilarious and really enjoy the recaps)!
Flag
Staff
Well, thank you, I appreciate that.
Flag
And it's just a really bizarre comment too......like being able or wanting to have kids is a bad thing? Is that the insinuation? Really? Ridiculous.
Flag
*facepalm*
Flag
It's so true. I totally thought about the Dominatrix outfit thing too! And also, it totally got me thinking, that's why she has Rumple in that cage! I love it.

Also, can we bask in this lovely person right here and now for a bit?
https://24.media.tumblr.com/991509f4fbaf12935b32aedcff83d94a/tumblr_n4cwxhEJoE1rw4w7no3_500.gif

...but does that also compel him to make on-the-spot decisions to achieve that end, including threatening to kill a child? It does. Isn't Rumple this devious and evil person, that would such a thing? Think about it.

Is Rumple morally responsible for taking that child’s life, rather than just taking Robin’s arrow? Rumple has morals? Well, with the way this show has turned the villains into happy people, I guess so.

Or do Zelena’s orders force him to take the most ruthlessly efficient path toward achieving each directive? I think she has something to do with it too.

I may be in the minority, but I can't stand this Robin/Regina nonsense. I had talked about this someone on Tumblr and he's a total stalker. And the forcing of this relationship bothers me.

I found it odd that Regina's blouse was 'unbuttoned' for that seance. Was it so that when they conjured up Cora, that it would bounce her shirt off and everyone would get a glance at what they've been wanting for a long time?

BTW, Hook crossing his legs has nothing to do with that leather. :wink:

Snow likes to stick that dagger in even more huh, every time she mentions how she killed Regina's mother. It's like OK, we get it, you killed her, stop it already!

All I can say is that I was getting a bit hot and bothered when those two were getting it on...:P

Ugh, don't get me started on the babyface turn of the lead villain in this show. Robin and Regina...barf...

I found this episode interesting due to the fact that we got a partially good background story on Zelena. And that Snow's family wasn't always 'good'. I like a nice twist like that.

... Zelena: more tragic than dark magic figure, or... ? I think she is not tragic at all. I find her to be a real good dark magic Dominatrix figure who is hurt and wants everyone else to feel her pain.

... Was Princess Ava to blame for blowing the Cheaters whistle on Cora, or was she wrong in the first place for lying to King Leopold? They were both wrong. Ava was either angry that she lost the man or she had always secretly hated Cora or I think it's just because she just happened to be a woman who was pregs. It could have been anyone and she would have tattled.

... Is Snow and Regina trading memories kind of the best? Do you wish they'd talked dresses a little? I didn't care for it and was hoping for it to finally end. Hopefully they go back to hating each other soon.

... Robin Hood: great dad or terrible heart guardian? He's a terrible guardian, but a great father and possibly, a stalker.

... Where is this crazy train headed? It's headed to me dropping the series if it doesn't get better. I think it's headed towards me seeing Zelena in her Dom outfit, walking Rumple with a chain down the block baby!

On the real though, I think it's headed straight for Rumple and he will make things well.

... What is your cheddar biscuits? My cheddar biscuits is to totally talk about how Emma totally wants Killian and how it gets many a fan's Swan Queen's (aren't they related a bit) love panties and boxers in a bunch. :P
More+
Flag
Rumple is amoral, since he demonstrably will do whatever it takes to get what he wants; however, he does have ethics. If he makes a deal, he keeps his end of the bargain. That, my friends, is one of the foundations of civilization as we know it.
Flag
My cheddar biscuits is definitely swan queen but I also love Rumbelle. I don't know if I really ship snow queen but maybe it's just that Lana and Jenny are the best actresses on the show IMO and the scenes with them are always intense and full of chemistry. I kind of like Regina and Belle hanging out and want them to be best gfs. I like Hook but not with Emma. Him and Tink should try some pixie dust and think happy thoughts. Robin's kid is cute but thats all I got for him. Zero chemistry with Regina IMO.

I liked this ep. It was definitely worth stomaching the kiss at the end to learn more of Snow and Regina's complicated family drama. I was disappointed that Barbara Hershey didn't come back. Love her.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members