An Once Upon a Time Community
Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC

Once Upon a Time brought an icy chill to Comic-Con on Saturday morning, showing off the first footage from Season 4 that features Frozen's Anna (Elizabeth Lail) and Elsa (Georgina Haig).

In the clip, the girls hold hands outside their parents' gravestones. Elsa tells Anna that they would've been so proud of her, to which Anna replies they would've been proud of them both. Arendelle is bright and sunny—no winter in sight—when Elsa tells Anna that she has a surprise planned for her wedding.

The teaser was met with great applause (sadly, it's not yet available online), as were all the small tidbits that OUAT executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis dropped about the new season. Here's what we learned...

Why the Frozen storyline come about: Check out this clip from the panel to see a reenactment of how the writers' room decided to incorprate characters from the hit Disney movie:

Hope for RumBelle? Even though Rumple lied to Belle about the dagger so he could kill Zelena, Robert Carlyle still believes that Rumple genuinely loves her. "Rumple is such a complex character. He's an addict and he's addicted to power and addicted to magic," he said, noting that the dagger may come back into play again. "I think she's going to be quite devastated," Emilie de Ravin said of when Belle does eventually find out about his deception.

Will Emma become Target No. 1 again? After bringing Robin Hood's long-dead wife Marion back from the past, Emma will be desperate to keep Regina from turning back into her old self. "I can't apologize for saving a life and also I'm horrified that I've gotten in the way of Regina's happiness," Jennifer Morrison said of Emma's mindset. "We all become concerned that it might make [Regina] spiral back into some of her old ways. Emma is going to be very determined to keep her in the good place in her life and keep something positive between them."

Old habits die hard: Despite Emma trying to keep Regina calm, it won't be long before the Evil Queen resurfaces. In a special clip shown during Comic-Con, Regina is seen making her way to the deep recesses of the Storybrooke psychiatric hospital, where she seeks out Giancarlo Esposito's Sidney Glass. "There's someone standing in the way of my happiness," Regina says in the clip. "I need your help getting rid of them."

Emma and Hook's happiness: It sounds like things will be going pretty well for the couple, but that won't necessarily be the focus of the new season. "It's not really about her relationship," Horowitz said. "It's about her finding herself." Added Colin O'Donoghue, "He realized he could find love again."

And speaking of Hook, he will finally be getting a new outfit this season! As for Emma's former love, Kitsis noted, "Neal will always live in flashbacks and in our heart."

Henry's first job: With Neal dead, Mr. Gold will start to see Henry as a second chance at a relationship with his family. "Henry's going to go into the family business for a little bit," Kitsis said. "I'm talking about the pawn business. Mr. Gold looks upon Henry and says, 'This is my son's child,' and I think that he has a deeper affection."

Once Upon a Time Season 4 premieres Sunday, September 28 at 8pm on ABC.

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/23/2017

Season 6 : Episode 18

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/30/2017

Season 6 : Episode 19

23 Comments
Comments (23)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Look forward to season 4.
I see Frozen fitting in well esp characters wise esp Emma and Elsa and so on.
I cant wait to see Hook's new clothes
And how Emma/Hook navigate their relationship... Emma still has some issues which is understandable about herself and her fears and her past. But she has let Hook in, and its about her taking more steps to finally letting him see more and let him in more.
Flag
How is this show still happening?
Flag

Flag
Argh TV.com, internet is supposed to be global. Why do we need to be physically in US to see trailers. Can't you post the YouTube trailers which are not locally restricted?
Flag
im out of us and i can watch the video
Flag
Don't get me wrong, I love Regina and her storyline but we're not getting a single clue about Robin Hood's POV in all this.

I get that Emma is concerned about The Evil Queen and Marion is happy to get her family back, but Robin has been a widower for years now and he was in a relationship too: just because the mother of his son is back doesn't mean he gets his partner back.

The whole thing was based on the notion his soulmate has never been his wife, that Robin Hood will never find happiness so long as the situation stays the same, that he has been just as miserable as Regina his whole life yet the story has never explained how on earth is he handling this.
Flag
Obviously if Regina wants to eliminate Marian with help from Sydney Glass, Robin is with his wife - he loves her, he was tortured from Rumple because of her and he was happy when he saw her at the end of the season...
Flag
If Marion is his wife, then Robin Hood is obligated to protect her by law: that's what marriage is.

The point remains the show only focusses on Emma's & Marion's POV, we're not getting anything on Robin Hood and how he feels about the whole thing:

• Does he resent Emma since he's in the exact same situation as Regina is?
  • Is he conflicted about the whole thing?
  • Does he feel guilty about his son given that Marion is his mother?
  • Where he stand regarding Regina's son? (Is it her problem, his problem or their problem? Does Robin owe Hernry an explanation or treat it like this is none of his business?)
  • Does he feel cut off from Regina's life?
  • Does he feel bound to his dead wife or is it something he has to work on?
  • And most important: What does Robin Hood wants? Regardless of what anyone else want.
Flag
I don't know the answer of all these questions, but I'm sure that if Robin Hood wants Regina, nobody can stop him to be with her.
Flag
If Robin wants Regina, Marion is entitled by law to stop him whenever she wants.

That's what marriage is too.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Oh, I want a lot more answers about Hood/Marion/Regina.

Yay, Regina and Sidney together.
Flag
Are Emma and Hook in a relationship? That's news to me.
Flag
It happened at the end of last season, pretty much.
Flag
A kiss isn't a relationship, I thought the show already learned that much.
Flag
Emma and August were never in a relationship. . . if we want to play that game, then Emma has only ever been with Neal (and that horrible episode with Monkey-Walsh, but we'll side step that one. . .)
Flag
Its a relationship in terms of the build up, thats what the whole season 3 was about, something between them.
Flag
Hook and Milah (Bae's mother) were a relationship, Emma & August (Pinocchio) were a relationship, even Wendy & Bae were a relationship, albeit a platonic one.

Hook & Emma are a kiss, just like Graham and Emma once were.
Flag
Oh and yesssssss hook is getting changed.
Flag
Can anyone else not see the video clip, otherwise great post on what happening.
Flag
Trust me, the video is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. It's a 'spoof' on how the decided on Frozen, but I think that's what really happened. . .
Flag
Thanks
Flag
Follow this Show
Members