Once Upon a Time

Desperate Souls

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jan 08, 2012 on ABC

• Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous

How on earth do you get people to sympathize with someone who has shown you nothing but evil? It isn't easy, but the writers have done it. They have made me feel for Rumplestiltskin and start to ponder whether Mr. Gold really is a bad guy. He may have been a coward, but he was a good guy with good intentions before he became cursed. Wow... love the twist and now I love the character even more. Cannot wait to see where he goes.

So, on one hand we see how manipulative he is, but we see that he is doing it for a reason. Just what is that reason? Well, that is all part of the captivating mystery. All we know is that Mr. Gold wanted Emma to be sheriff and voila: she is. He seems to have a hard on for Regina and I cannot wait to find out why.

As usual Robert Carlyle and Lana Parilla were fabulous as was Gilmore and Morrison. It is so fun to watch Carlyle so over the top as Rumple and then as Mr. Gold be so coy and subtle. I have come to realize that episodes that feature him are somehow a little bit better than those without him.