Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Favorite Character

tvholic32

[21]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 6

For me, it's easily the delightful, attractive, and well-acted Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold and Mayor Regina Mills/The Evil Queen. They were totally snubbed this year at the Emmys.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

layton2012

[22]Aug 5, 2012
    • level: 2
    My favorite character by far is Jefferson, I still don't know what to think of him, is he a villain or more of an anti-hero, yes he kidnapped MM and Emma, but at the end of it all he just wants to return to his daughter, and he IMO is the catalyst to what first gets Emma to star to think that the curse is real. Hat Trick was also my favorite episode the whole season so I may be biased, but I so wish they hadn't made Belle a regular so they could've made room for Jefferson, I just hope they upgrade him to recurring next season. At least they've confirmed that he will be back. I'd prefer him to be Emma's love interest than August(ugh), they had undeniable chemistry. And he is also Bucky Barnes so that's a plus.

Regina-Lana Parilla, what else can I say she was the perfect Evil Queen, just like Ginnifer Goodwin is the perfect Snow White, seriously out of the two theatrical movies that released here neither had better casting when compared to the cast of OUAT. I generally would be scared of Regina, she sold it for me when she killed Graham, and that fact that she can still be so evil and I am still sympathetic for her is a great accomplishment of both Parilla and the writers.

Snow White/ MM- Truly the fairest of them all, I have never been a fan of Snow White in any of the movies or the original disney classic, but OUAT has truly made me a fan. And as a guy I do believe she is the hottest one on the show, but I love girls with short hair.

Emma is great too but I am still in recovery after getting to know her as Zoey on HIMYM, maybe I'll be able to like her more in S2

groucho42

[23]Aug 19, 2012
    • level: 1

The Queen/Mayor and Gold/Rump are too standard, stock bad guys, for my tastes.

Charming is far from that. Pretty much reminds me of the dithering Hamlet.

Henry is the most annoying character, shrill and always doing the wrong thing.

Red's great to look at, but that doesn't make her a favorite.

Jimminy is pretty good.

Snow is much better in fantasy land than our world, I hope some of that leaches through this season.

I have to say Emma is the last one standing. Some flaws in the writing of her character, but the handling of the questioning of Henry's fantasy while caring for the people was well acted.

CrazyAsian1080

[24]Sep 12, 2012
    • level: 7

I have only seen up to ep. 13 but so far

Snow White (NOT MMB)

Prince James Charming (NOT David. I honestly liked David better when he was in a coma and James kills things with a sword)

Archie Hopper (When he finally stands up to Mills was probably one of the best scenes in the show so far)

Mr. Gold and Rumpelstiltskin (He was kind of out there at the start but once they actually filled in his back story it's kind of hard not to feel sorry for him and you realize why he is the way he is.)

August W. Booth (It's hard not to think he's awesome since the writing team is trying really hard to make him awesome.)

I absolutely hate Regina Mills. I know you are suppose to because she is the Evil Queen. But she is so one dimensional. The problem with having one dimensional evil characters is they are just annoying after awhile. I mean you could argue that the point is about karma and the Evil Queen's life is sucky because she's a bad person. Literally everything wrong with everything in her life is pretty much her fault, and you would think someone who was an Evil Queen would be better at manipulating people. But it's just annoying watching her. Though I have to say Lana Parrilla plays the role well.

Just watched 14 and I have to add Grumpy/Leroy. You know what's good? Character development. Being evil because you are evil mwahahahahahaha just makes you annoying.

Edited on 09/12/2012 10:20am

RenatoB

[25]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 43
    showinuse9 wrote:
    Well rumplestilkskin i think had the only interesting flashbacks imo. And I always like the smart character so I like how much of a smart nerd he is

but i think my favorite is the mad hatter cause he is the only one who i think is will be on the evil side but also interesting. I'm still waiting on another character that i can REALLY like but as of now those are the best. Still waiting on maybe alladin or lion kind or mulan i hope they cast someone good as those characters. Someone sexy for mulan and jasmine but i doubt it. I don't think the characters are as good as they were on lost

I don't think the characters on "Lost" were all that great. The backstories were fantastic, but most of them were just wasted on-island, so they barely contributed to the action. The main cast of characters on OUaT is very well used, both in and out of Storybrooke. With the exception of Archie/Jiminy, a character that I happen to like. I wonder what the hell the writers had planned for him that fell through.

RenatoB

[26]Sep 28, 2012
    • level: 43
    Anyway, my favorite is Emma. I always tend to favor the main character, dunno why... I also love Regina, Snow/MM (mostly MM), Mr. Gold/Rumple and Ruby/Red, The rest I don't really care much about yet.

mysteriousopal

[27]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 29
    I really can't decide who's my absolute favorite, it's a close tie between Snow and Regina.

ionee24

[28]Oct 7, 2012
    • level: 32
    Jefferson.

Mainly because he actually has a reason to be shady and doesn't pretend to be morally superior to the ones he's up against.

tvaddict_14

[29]Nov 19, 2012
    • level: 10
    Snow White
    Mr. Gold
    Regina

Love these characters! The show has a host of loveable characters but those are my favs. Sow because she's a BAMF! Mr. Gold because he's such a great villain who's controlling pretty much everything. Regina has so many layers as a character it's really interesting seeing her develop, great villain as well.

talielle

[30]Jan 20, 2013
    • level: 4

Rumple NO question

I also love Regina & Emma though

cosmos25

[31]Jan 21, 2013

My favorite character is Regina and Captain Hook.

Milaneh

[32]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 8

Regina, cause I'm a sucker for strong and complex female characters!
    Then Rumple, cause he is just plain awesome and you never know what you get with him.

And then everyone else. I pretty much like all of the characters.

But the one thing I miss is Mary Margaret! I mean, I loved that she was this nice, clumsy, cute little thing. Snow White is cool, but she pretty much took Mary Margaret away in season 2!

ionee24

[33]Jan 22, 2013
    • level: 32
    As of last episode, Victor Frankenstein.

BikiniBottomie

[34]Aug 11, 2013

Mine is Snow.

Sci-FiLover22

[35]Aug 12, 2013
    • level: 3

emma you gotta love the main character.the one that suppose to break the curse.love her journey throu the story.

i love emma parents prince charming and snow white.talk about a perfect couple.prince is really like the white knight which i love because he is always putting his family first.and snow she is very sweet and a very kind person to be around.

and last it as to be regina the evil queen lol her character is so unqiue and scary at the same time.

emma

prince charming

snow white

&

regina

Edited on 08/12/2013 8:57pm

9393usak

[36]Nov 3, 2013
    • level: 8

Am I the only one who's really enjoying Peter Pan? Yes, he messes people up like crazy, but 80% of the time, he does it with truth. Sure, he throws in the occasional lie or half-truth, but most of the time, the way he's messing with people is simply by telling them the truth.

I mean, look at his track record (spoilers if you haven't seen all the episodes, by the way):

-He tells Hook the dreamshade's poisonous, and tells him how to save his brother, even pointing out that magic comes with a price. Yes, he didn't mention that the price was that Hook's brother couldn't leave Neverland without dying, but you could argue that the Blue Fairy messes up people just as bad, without being nearly as honest about it.

-All of Pan's games (getting Emma to realize she felt like an orphan to get the map to work, telling Hook that Neal's still alive, telling Bae that his father won't let him make the decision to come home on his own) are based on truths, and arguably, they're truths that the characters really shouldbe considering. Emma needs to know why she's having issues with her parents, Hook ought to know Neal's alive, and pre-portal Bae really needed to know that his father couldn't be trusted. Arguably, the characters really aren't going to/haven't listened to Pan, because they know he likes to use their weaknesses against them, but honestly Pan is really offering them good advice much of the time.

And yet, Pan manages to use the truth in the absolute worst way, even convincing his victims who definitely ought to know better that his plans aren't so nefarious after all. It's really quite interesting, because it demonstrates how important lies are to what we think of as prerequisites for being decent people. It even shows how important the timing of truth is. Example: When does Pan choose to tell Hook about Balefire? Right when he knows that it will hurt him the most.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Pan manipulate the living daylights out of people, partially because it gives us a chance to see, as they've slowly been showing us, that our "heroes" aren't really as heroic as we think they are.

twink93

[37]Nov 11, 2013

My favorite characters are Emma, Neal, Belle and Henry.

GeronimoX

[38]Dec 10, 2013
    • level: 6

Snow White is one of the characters I truly dislike.

Ginnifer Goodwin should've never gotten the part, she's to ugly to play Snow...

Lunairetic

[39]Dec 14, 2013

Ruby/Red really won me over in both her episodes, especially when I found out she's actually the wolf. So she's my fave.

Then there's Regina (duh), and Rumple. Both the characters and their actors, absolutely. Snow, Charming and Emma are kinda meh and shitty in my opinion. Jennifer Morrison did an amazing job on Emma, though, which I'm still baffled by.

CjTl2005

[40]Dec 31, 2013
    • level: 11

We just started watching the show and we're 3 episodes out from the end of S2. So far, I find myself rooting for Mr Gold/Rumplestiltskin the most. I had never seen Robert Carlyle before, but he's playing the part brilliantly.