Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Henry: Love him or Hate him

BobbyV

[1]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 2

I for one like Henry. He is throwback as to what magic really is about. Through him we can all imagineand share the Fairy Tale world together. Without him, the romance of the show would not be there; he is the glue that holds Storybooke together.

Love the show and the cast. Ginnifer Goodwin is a beauty to be relished, Lana Parrilla is a scene stealer but Robert Carlisle tops them all as best character.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RuqeeD

[2]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 3

Even though Henry's not my favourite and his acting leaves much to be desired, i understand his importance in the role he has - he is essential to the whole plot atm and therefore cannot be disregarded.

I very much enjoy Ginnifer's role and think she plays Snow White/Mary Margaret with aplomb and her chemistry with John/Charming is great -love the two of them together. Her relationship with Emma is also really nice and I'm glad we can see the link.

I'm enjoying how the link with Emma and Henry is strengthening especially after the last episode, she really is getting attached, not only to him but to the other residents as well as to the town.

Cassandra_Elise

[3]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 14

I don't hate him like a lot of viewers seem to. I think he has an important role to play, and it's essential he sticks around. What I would like to see change is his deliberate disobedience toward every authority figure. Everybody keeps telling him to stay in the car or stay in his room, and he wanders off like a petulant brat. Very irritating.

Edited on 12/02/2011 7:42am

hell693

[4]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 11
    I think that he is annoying sometimes but i dont hate him and i dont love him im kinda in the middle.

decarus

[5]Dec 2, 2011
    I like Henry. He is an enjoyable character to watch. Watching Henry and Emma interact is one of my favorite things about the show.

Tayke

[6]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 8

I don't hate him, but I don't love him either... He's just a bit annoying. Repetitive, stubborn, and incapable of doing what he's told! And a little too... Delicate. I'm hoping that he'll grow out of it, or at least the kid playing him gets a few more acting lessons. I mean he's not terrible but...

decarus

[7]Dec 3, 2011
    Since when do kids do what they are told? Maybe i just had a different sort of family then some, but i know i argued with my parents a lot about stuff when i was a kid. And i don't have any problems with his acting.

walpita

[8]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 10

I find Henry VERY annoying! I know that he is the one who put things in motion, therefore he is kind of a major character for the plot, but the acting and his voice just put me on a bad mood!

ionee24

[9]Dec 8, 2011
    • level: 32
    I don't feel strongly about him one way or the other, he's annoying but a moot point in the overall scheme of things: if they put back Storybrook the way it was Emma would be a baby and Henry would go puff in the end.

decarus

[10]Dec 8, 2011
    And that is why they can't rewind to the point of the curse. They have to merge the two worlds somehow.

ionee24

[11]Dec 8, 2011
    I think its an either or scenario, fixing the curse means Henry ceases to be. It's not like Emma can met his biological father all over again in fairytale-land.

He's the son of a man that would most likely have never met the mother if it weren't for the curse.

decarus

[12]Dec 8, 2011

I disagree. We don't know who Henry's father is so i don't think we can say that they wouldn't have met because he may be a fairytale character. Also if they break the curse that doesn't mean that time would then be reset. That doesn't have to happen. Breaking the curse could just cause all of the fairytale characters to return to their real world, to the enchanted forest.

It just does not have to reset to the point in time that the curse took place. There is no reason for that to happen. Especially if the fairytale characters start remembering their past in the fairytale world.

RuqeeD

[13]Dec 9, 2011
    Or it could be that they all remember, the bad guys are eviscerated but they remain in the real world. You never know, they might not be able to get back to fairy tale world if the curse is broken, there was never any guarantee right?

ionee24

[14]Dec 10, 2011
    Not that I know of, but then fairytale structure is simplistic by nature: the good guys already won just because they are the good guys. Therefore chances are they all get back to fairy tale world just because Emma is already in Storybrook.

OrsonWright

[15]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 19
    I mostly like him, though I hope his acting gets better with time so his line delivery is a bit more believable. The fact that the character is so exuberant helps.

ionee24

[16]Dec 12, 2011
    I guess my issue with him is not his acting but the writing: Henry doesn't stand up for what he believe in but because his "mother doesn't love him". It makes him cartoonish because there is no conflict for him; if Regina where good, he would be evil; since Regina is evill, he's good.

angeleys151

[17]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 6
    decarus wrote:

I disagree. We don't know who Henry's father is so i don't think we can say that they wouldn't have met because he may be a fairytale character.

Henry's father can't be a fairytale character because the fairytale characters can't leave Storybrook.

decarus

[18]Dec 17, 2011
    I think that Henry's father can be a fairytale character. I would imagine them being able to work around that if they want to. Emma could have been in Storybrooke before. And if it is possible that Rumpel left then why not someone else. I agree it is most likely he is a normal person and that could be interesting, but he could also be a fairy tale character. I think they could go either way with that if they want.

ionee24

[19]Dec 18, 2011
    I think Henry's father is not a fairytale character because those just don't leave their babies so, unless the father is Mr. Gold, then I think Henry is going to vanish from existance once they destroy the curse.

decarus

[20]Dec 18, 2011

But the father does not know that Henry exists, Emma said. So he didn't leave Henry either way. The father doesn't know about him.