Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Henry: Love him or Hate him

Jrr6415sun

[41]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 9

henry the character is good, henry the actor is horrible

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dracomom

[42]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 5

I kind of like the interactions between Henry and August lately- it's nice to see them both working together, to get Emma to believe. I don't think August is Henry; but there's a Sorceror's Apprentice possibility there. Plus the hints at interactions with the other kids at school.

Notice that the only school is run by nuns? It's just occured to me that the "convent" might be the original building in town, and the rest of the village could have grown up around it. That could be why they're so off the beaten track- well, that and the Curse...

Creolanita

[43]Apr 7, 2012

Well Henry's 10, he can't really have anything to say or can't do anything when something big goes down. He can sometimes be annoying, but I just don't bother because he's not in every single scene of the episodes and that is what's most important. The show doesn't only revolve around him, but around the fairytale world itself and through Henry we can understand - most of the time - where he's bringing us and what he has to offer to the plate. Regarding the acting, the kid is no more than 13 ou 14, Idk, so don't expect him to be like one of those child stars that've been acting every since they were in diapers... Give him a break, at least he's doing good and his acting doesn't seem fake.

cocktailshrink

[44]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 1

I don't think Henry's father will ever factor in. The story isn't written that way. And keep in mind that Regina does not know what happened to Snow White's baby, only that is dissapeared. She doesn't know about the deal they made with Rumple or that Emma is the child come back to save them all. I do not think for a second that she knows Emma is Snow's daughter or that hendry is Snow's grandson. Also, if you go back and watch the pilot, the last scene, Emma asks Regina if she loves Henry. Emma has the power of knowing when people are lying. She knew then that Henry was right about Regina not loving him, and that is what made her stay.

But Regina is as unaware as anyone else is. The only ones who know who Emma is are Henry and Rumple.

Dracomom

[45]Apr 13, 2012

I think Henry's father will factor in Season 2- just not the next 3 episodes. (I'm fairly sure there will be a Season 2, and maybe even 3!) But it's going to be busy enough getting MM out of jail and figuring out what's up with August that we may not get there for a long time.

My guess is that Mr Gold knew exactly who Emma was when he arrived in Storybrooke- just not where. And I theorize that he visited lots of places in the StoryBrooke universe keeping tabs on her, maybe even setting her up to be arrested. (No, I don't think he's Henry's dad- please don't revive that canard!) How else would he know Henry was on the way? And Regina wouldn't necessarily want Emma around, even if she didn't know Emma was capable of breaking the Curse; but Rumplestiltskin needs her there if he's going to accomplish his goals.

purplezen

[46]Apr 14, 2012

Henry the actor doesn't bother me one way or the other. I do think he is important to the story though. I think that Henry, Emma's son in the real world is Henry, Regina's/Evil Queen'sfather in the fairytale world. Maybe he is trying to make amends for supporting his daughter or not stopping her evil deeds in fairy tale world.

Edie70

[47]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 19
    The actor is fine, but that character sure can be annoying and persistant but he is supposed to be like that so the little guy did a good job.

RenatoB

[48]May 10, 2012
    • level: 43
    Hey Dennis. I can't stand Henry, I really hope he gets killed off soon enough, I hate the thought of having to put up with him on my favorite new show for another season.

Edie70

[49]May 11, 2012
    RenatoB wrote:
    Hey Dennis. I can't stand Henry, I really hope he gets killed off soon enough, I hate the thought of having to put up with him on my favorite new show for another season.
    LMAO. He is a thankless son of a bitch and only makes trouble for Regina. Poor woman gave him everything. Raised him, fed him, tried to love him, he means everything to her, he was supposed to help her become a better human being. But that little idiot FAILED. Big time. I really hope he dies in #122.

RenatoB

[50]May 12, 2012
    • level: 43
    Edie70 wrote:
    RenatoB wrote:
    LMAO. He is a thankless son of a bitch and only makes trouble for Regina. Poor woman gave him everything. Raised him, fed him, tried to love him, he means everything to her, he was supposed to help her become a better human being. But that little idiot FAILED. Big time. I really hope he dies in #122.

Yeah, um... I just find him annoying. That's about it.

Edie70

[51]May 12, 2012
    I find him to be the worst character on the show, hope he won't make it.

SpartXen

[52]May 12, 2012
    • level: 4
    Dracomom wrote:

I think Henry's father will factor in Season 2- just not the next 3 episodes. (I'm fairly sure there will be a Season 2, and maybe even 3!) But it's going to be busy enough getting MM out of jail and figuring out what's up with August that we may not get there for a long time.

My guess is that Mr Gold knew exactly who Emma was when he arrived in Storybrooke- just not where. And I theorize that he visited lots of places in the StoryBrooke universe keeping tabs on her, maybe even setting her up to be arrested. (No, I don't think he's Henry's dad- please don't revive that canard!) How else would he know Henry was on the way? And Regina wouldn't necessarily want Emma around, even if she didn't know Emma was capable of breaking the Curse; but Rumplestiltskin needs her there if he's going to accomplish his goals.

His father will definitely factor in next season, or at least in some future season. The writers said they know who the father is; they wouldn't need to know who he is if he wasn't going to be a factor in the story.

As for Gold, Kitsis and Horowitz recently said in an interview that Gold didn't remember his past until Emma arrived in town. When she told him her name, that triggered his memories. So he couldn't have been keeping tabs on Emma because he didn't know who she was, or that she was important. Which just makes the mystery that much more intriguing, IMO. How did he find Henry? It can't just be coincidence, but if Gold didn't remember his past and didn't know of Emma's significance, how did he end up with the saviour's child?

Also, we now have confirmation that Regina knew very early on exactly who Emma is, and she didn't kill her because that would break the curse. Makes her love for Henry that much more intriguing: he's the son the the saviour, the one who can break her curse, and she's still fighting tooth and nail to keep him. I might be crazy, and I know most people are of the opposite opinion, but I think Emma's superpower told her the Regina was telling the TRUTH about loving Henry. She stayed because, whether Regina loves him or not, Henry feels unloved, and Emma needed to understand why.

By the way, I love Henry. I think Jared is a great actor, he gives a very genuine, believable performance and I love that little guy to pieces. So adorable ^.^ Sure, Henry can be a pain, but HE'S A KID! All kids are irritating, lol, but we love them anyway. The fact that people are saying they hope he dies is really upsetting Please let the little guy pull through this!

Edie70

[53]May 13, 2012

SpartXen wrote:
    I think Jared is a great actor, he gives a very genuine, believable performance and I love that little guy to pieces. So adorable ^.^ Sure, Henry can be a pain, but HE'S A KID! All kids are irritating, lol, but we love them anyway. The fact that people are saying they hope he dies is really upsetting Please let the little guy pull through this!
    Well, I still hate his guts the actor is brilliant, he did a wonderful job

Edited on 05/13/2012 7:59am

Bytor65

[54]May 13, 2012
    • level: 6

I generally find kids annoying in every show that has them, to the point that it ruins it.

But I actually think Henry is awesome.

Charming, OTOH, is terrible. No real chemistry or charisma there.

Edie70

[55]May 14, 2012
    Well, I must agree that Charming / david is terrible. His acting is wooden.

Travelover

[56]May 14, 2012

I think Henry is extremely important to the entire tale. I think HE is the element that binds all the characters AND is the MORAL of the story.

I said in another post - I think his father is Rumple's son. And I think that when Rumple made his "choice" (choosing power over love) to not go with his son into the unknown, that it's possible the boy was very hurt and carried that hurt into adulthood. I think he met Emma (not knowing who she was) and they got involved, but he couldn't "commit", and backed out of the relationship. I think eventually he will come back and be the KEY to everyone returning to "Happily Ever After". HE will have to make a "choice" - like his father before him. I think the entire story is about love conquering all. And I think Henry will lead the way - like he did with Emma.

peppersimone

[57]May 14, 2012

I like Henry. I think he is a typical kid. He has never annoyed me. As far as the comments of emerging the two worlds. That may not happen for a long time. And who is to say what can and cant happen. Like we can figure it out. That is the beauty of true love and magic -all things are possible. Haven't any of you learned this growing up reading fairy tales??? That's what makes it magical. Or maybe some of you are like the Emma's out there. You need to believe instead of speculate. Anyway, my favorite character is the evil Queen. I am such a lovey person and I always root for the good guy. I was never anything evil for Halloween etc, so this surprises me. But I love her. She is beautiful and you cant help have compassion on her and want her to find her true love again somehow too. I think they should have her and Mr. Gold turn good and find true love and have good overcome evil and everyone is lives happily ever after -almost. then a whole new evil queen or king or force etc starts a whole new set of untold new fairy tales.

Dracomom

[58]May 15, 2012

Henry's dad- Bae or not- will be instrumental in resolving what's going on in Storybrooke. But Henry himself is one of the keys to the puzzle. MM and Mr Gold AS ADULTS have made the effort to form bonds with Henry- MM as his teacher (now grandmother), which makes sense.

But why would Mr Gold care? He brought Henry to Storybrooke- how? They had some magic available when they first transferred to Storybrooke; why waste it on finding Henry (even if it was what Regina wanted)?

Some of the Storybrooke characters were very different than their FTL counterparts- Regina and Mr Gold held true to their basic natures. Regina remembered everything all along, as the caster of the Curse; Mr Gold must have remembered something, to be able to use magic in Storybrooke. Could it be that Regina didn't give Mr Gold false memories like she did to the other characters? Either because he was working for her (from her perspective) or because he didn't seem to remember enough to be dangerous.

Just a side note- are HoroKits telling the whole truth about Gold's memory? or is it a red herring? Because there have been so many items in his shop with magical connections, and I don't think that's just a coincidence...

ionee24

[59]May 16, 2012
    • level: 32
    Edie70 wrote:
    I find him to be the worst character on the show, hope he won't make it.

Season finale and he's still annoying, I don't think it will go away.

Someone really made a mistake when they introduced the character IMO.

Edie70

[60]May 17, 2012
    I guess he is very important to the show's roots. There must be someone who annoys us and we wanna stab him