Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Henry: Love him or Hate him

SpartXen

[61]May 18, 2012
    • level: 4
    Dracomom wrote:

Henry's dad- Bae or not- will be instrumental in resolving what's going on in Storybrooke. But Henry himself is one of the keys to the puzzle. MM and Mr Gold AS ADULTS have made the effort to form bonds with Henry- MM as his teacher (now grandmother), which makes sense.

But why would Mr Gold care? He brought Henry to Storybrooke- how? They had some magic available when they first transferred to Storybrooke; why waste it on finding Henry (even if it was what Regina wanted)?

Some of the Storybrooke characters were very different than their FTL counterparts- Regina and Mr Gold held true to their basic natures. Regina remembered everything all along, as the caster of the Curse; Mr Gold must have remembered something, to be able to use magic in Storybrooke. Could it be that Regina didn't give Mr Gold false memories like she did to the other characters? Either because he was working for her (from her perspective) or because he didn't seem to remember enough to be dangerous.

Just a side note- are HoroKits telling the whole truth about Gold's memory? or is it a red herring? Because there have been so many items in his shop with magical connections, and I don't think that's just a coincidence...

I think HoroKits were telling the truth. They seemed very adamant about it. I think Gold has so many trinkets because Regina promised he'd be wealthy, so she 'brought over' a bunch of old, valuable items that Gold could sell so he'd be rich and successful. She promised to do that for him, remember? And Regina had full control over everyone's memories. The reason MM is so different from Snow is because Regina specifically wanted to punish her, so she basically took all the fight out of Snow and made her lonely and miserable. She left Rumple more or less the same because she had no reason to want him any different, and she probably didn't want to risk him being pissed at her if his memories ever did return.
    As far as Gold getting Henry, my theory is that Regina has enough control over the curse that she could allow someone to leave SB temporarily with no ill effects. She probably 'let' Gold leave so he could go and arrange the adoption. The other possibility is that anyone can leave SB if they intend to return within a short period of time (like Henry, who had to return to SB because he's just a kid and couldn't fend for himself outside SB). Both of these are plausible to me and not at all inconsistent with what we've been told about the curse so far.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

watcher1006

[62]May 30, 2012
    • level: 10

Well it's a little bit off topic on this thread, but I thought it worth noting that Jared Gilmore turns 12 today, May 30th. Happy Birthday to him!

I generally like the Henry Mills character he plays. I wonder if he'll be on the show long enough for us to hear his voice change and his height to shoot up. I don't imagine that it will be too long from now.

SpartXen

[63]May 31, 2012
    • level: 4
    It's always cool watching child actors grow up on a tv show (Joseph Gordon-Levitt from 3rd rock, anyone?). I can definitely see the show running for at least another 3 or 4 years and that's plenty of time to see Jared transition from kid to teen. I hope they take advantage of that to show us Henry's transition as well

ionee24

[64]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 32
    ionee24 wrote:
    Season finale and he's still annoying, I don't think it will go away.

Someone really made a mistake when they introduced the character IMO.

Edie70 wrote:
    I guess he is very important to the show's roots. There must be someone who annoys us and we wanna stab him

But it has to be the 10 year old?

The writing needs to improve and fast.

Edie70

[65]Jun 19, 2012
    • level: 19
    Children on TV can be very annoying sometimes. Well, Henry is annoying all the time