Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Lots of questions (spoilers)

DuoMaxwell007

[1]May 7, 2012
    • level: 12

these are mainly regarding Henry and Emma.

Who is Henry's dad? I remember Emma telling him some story about a truck driver she had a one nightstandwith or something but there wasomethingshe said (i believe it was when talking to mary margerettte beforehand about it) that would suggest that the story she told Henry was a lie because she didnt want him to know the truth about his father.

How s it that Emma didnt know baout Stoybrook beforehand yet Henry does and LIVE there? I mean didnt she leave her baby in a bathroom? and if the Mayor of Storybrook ha shim then clearly she was in Storybrook when it happened otherwiose how di dHenry get all the way from wherever he was at when born to the Mayors place in Storybrook? Also how did teh Mayo even know about him if he wad born far out of town?

Lastly how di dHenry even get the Once Upon a time book.. and what ws in it that made him believ ethe curse and everything was real and not just stoies? iI mean plenty of kids his age have heard those same stories.. how many of them think Snow White or Cinderella are real?

I woulda thought August wrote the book and gave it to Henry at some point before the show starts but when August came into town he was a stranger (n one knew him) and he even made itsoundlikethatwadthefirst time he had been there since he left Emma behind when he was a child. So that kinda debunks the fact that August woulda given Henry the book.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeleys151

[2]May 8, 2012
    • level: 6
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Who is Henry's dad? I remember Emma telling him some story about a truck driver she had a one nightstandwith or something but there wasomethingshe said (i believe it was when talking to mary margerettte beforehand about it) that would suggest that the story she told Henry was a lie because she didnt want him to know the truth about his father.

She told Henry his father was a fireman who died saving lives. And yes that was a lie, she doesn't tell the truth to anyone but she does say it's better than Henry knowing the truth.

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

How s it that Emma didnt know baout Stoybrook beforehand yet Henry does and LIVE there? I mean didnt she leave her baby in a bathroom? and if the Mayor of Storybrook ha shim then clearly she was in Storybrook when it happened otherwiose how di dHenry get all the way from wherever he was at when born to the Mayors place in Storybrook? Also how did teh Mayo even know about him if he wad born far out of town?

Emma gave birth to Henry in jail in another state like Texas or Florida or something. She decided to give him up for adoption (not just abandom him in a bathroom) at which point Mr. Gold somehow found out about him and arranged the adoption (we don't know how he did that).

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

Lastly how di dHenry even get the Once Upon a time book.. and what ws in it that made him believ ethe curse and everything was real and not just stoies? iI mean plenty of kids his age have heard those same stories.. how many of them think Snow White or Cinderella are real?

I woulda thought August wrote the book and gave it to Henry at some point before the show starts but when August came into town he was a stranger (n one knew him) and he even made itsoundlikethatwadthefirst time he had been there since he left Emma behind when he was a child. So that kinda debunks the fact that August woulda given Henry the book.

We know Henry got the book from Mary Margret, but we don't know where she got it from. We assume he believes the curse either because he's very perceptive or because he's related to Snow and Charming or because he's just desperate to have a reason to reject his adoptive mother or maybe a mixture of all 3.

Alot of this was in the pilot, I would reccomend you find a way to watch it (either online somewhere or be sure to catch it when it re-runs this summer.)

DuoMaxwell007

[3]May 8, 2012
    • level: 12
    lol ive actually seen every single episode of the day they aired. just forgot some stuff. but yeah youre right mary margerette did give Henry the book, and if Mr Gold adopted him then why didnt HE keep him instead of handing him over to Regina.

Also Emma did tell Henry his dad was a fireman.. But Im 100% sure she told someone else (mary margeret perhaps) that he was a hookup she had at a truckstop)

As for Henry using the book too reject Regina I doubt thats the case because if it was suurely he would just simply blindly think the book is real and not be able to make connects between the characters in the book and the people who live in Storybrook, so theres definitely a REAL reason why hes able to believe its real.

Dracomom

[4]May 8, 2012
    • level: 5

In the confrontation between Regina and Mr Gold near the apple tree, Mr Gold says "Ah, yes, the boy I found for you. Henry- did I ever tell you what a lovely name that is? However did you pick it?" Shortly thereafter, he says"Please" for the first time, when Regina wants to argue further with him about Emma being in Storybrooke. (This scene is one of the featured clips on ABC's website, if you'd like to draw your own conclusions.)

This is the first time I was sure Mr Gold remembered something about being Rumplestiltskin; maybe not everything, but something. The part about Emma and the Curse wasn't so clear then; I remember wondering if Henry was a fairytale character, perhaps heir to someone powerful, through his dad. (This does not now seem to be the case.)

At a guess, Regina thought having a child to love would help her. (Wonder what she'd be like without that anchor? She's crazy enough now!)

It's hard to believe that Mr Gold would knowingly put a descendant of his in Regina's hands- he seems genuinely interested in Henry as a person (memories of Bae? Nostalgia for the simple logic of childhood? Henry's being a bit of a loner in Storybrooke? or some more sinister motive?) Still, not outside the realm of possibility that he's got a reason to do so.

As for Emma- I don't think Regina knew Henry was her son, Emma the Savior's, before Emma brought Henry back. (If she did, she'd have prepared better!) Regina seemed to be in the dark about Henry and Emma's past until after Sydney went digging up dirt. Maybe Regina felt Emma's magical potential when they came face to face? The idea of using Henry to control Emma wasn't going to occur to Regina until Emma cared about him (Henry wouldn't have gone looking for Emma if he didn't care at least a little about her, or maybe the image of her in his mind)

Calls to mindthe old adage, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

Linley

[5]May 9, 2012
    • level: 3

This is the first time I was sure Mr Gold remembered something about being Rumplestiltskin; maybe not everything, but something. The part about Emma and the Curse wasn't so clear then; I remember wondering if Henry was a fairytale character, perhaps heir to someone powerful, through his dad. (This does not now seem to be the case.)

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was the case that mr Gold had started to remember something about being rumple, but to me, its obvious that he has always remembered, since in the 2nd episode, when in the jail cell and talking to regina. He barters for a good life and when Regins says that he wont remember anyway, he smiles knowingly and answers that what the harm it would be. As if he knew he would remember anyway.

SpartXen

[6]May 10, 2012
    • level: 4

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    lol ive actually seen every single episode of the day they aired. just forgot some stuff. but yeah youre right mary margerette did give Henry the book, and if Mr Gold adopted him then why didnt HE keep him instead of handing him over to Regina.

Gold didn't want a kid, Regina did. Gold arranged the adoption for her. He didn't adopt Henry, Regina did. We don't know how or why yet though.

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    Also Emma did tell Henry his dad was a fireman.. But Im 100% sure she told someone else (mary margeret perhaps) that he was a hookup she had at a truckstop)

Emma told HENRY they met at a 24 hour diner and hung out a few times after work. She later told MM that she was lying, and Henry was better off not knowing the real story (trust me, I love the episode 'True North' and I've seen it several times)

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    As for Henry using the book too reject Regina I doubt thats the case because if it was suurely he would just simply blindly think the book is real and not be able to make connects between the characters in the book and the people who live in Storybrook, so theres definitely a REAL reason why hes able to believe its real.

I wonder if the book ever refers to Regina by her name or only ever as 'the evil queen'. Probably the latter otherwise Henry would have shown that to Emma I guess. Anyway, I don't think Henry believed BECAUSE of Regina, I think his belief just gave him an explanation for why she is...however she was before Emma showed up, lol. It's interesting that we still don't know exactly why Henry hates her so much. I mean, we've never seen Regina be mean to him in any way. A little harsh/strict, but nothing that would make him actually hate the woman who raised him.

Edited on 05/10/2012 6:05pm

Dracomom

[7]May 11, 2012
    • level: 5

Could it be that Henry has a touch of Emma's "truth-telling" gift? That he knows these things because children are more clear-sighted about some things than adults? or that he's noticed that Regina looks just like the drawings of the Evil Queen in the Book?

So many of the drawings we've seen are easily recognizeable as citizens of Storybrooke- it could be that Henry didn't peg Mr Gold as Rumplestiltskin right away because he's not in any of the pictures!

The 10-yr olds I know have plenty of time, energy, and memory spaceto pore over the details of their video games/card collections/LEGO sets, etc. (It can be kind of embarrassing to have a kid correct you about which Star Wars characters are which!) So I always figured that Henry's obsession with the Book fell into this category. It doesn't look as though Regina was signing him up for Little League or arranging playdates, so the kid may not have too many other things to occupy his time. Certainly he had no one else to discuss this with- Regina put him in therapy for bringing up the idea! (Which might explain why Archie seems better able to handle the odder elements of Storybrooke than most- he's listened to Henry all this time)

Alternately, it may be that as the time for Emma to appear drew nearer, Henry had dreams or found clues to spur him on to do his Task- getting Emma to Storybrooke! (playing Sam to Emma's Frodo, if you will) Not too many kids would have run away from home in such a well=planned manner!

loey12886

[8]May 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    angeleys151 wrote:
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

She told Henry his father was a fireman who died saving lives. And yes that was a lie, she doesn't tell the truth to anyone but she does say it's better than Henry knowing the truth.

I'm curious to know is if Henry's father is still alive then I wonder if he will ever come back into the picture again. I would love to know who he really is

SpartXen

[9]May 18, 2012
    • level: 4
    loey12886 wrote:
    angeleys151 wrote:
    DuoMaxwell007 wrote:

I'm curious to know is if Henry's father is still alive then I wonder if he will ever come back into the picture again. I would love to know who he really is

I'm POSITIVE he will come back. HoroKits said in an interview that they know who Henry's father is. Why would they know already who he is if he isn't going to be important to the story later? They know who he is because they planned for his return to tie into the story (or at least his existence - he may not necessarily return)