Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: A Land Without Magic (possible spoilers)

  • Avatar of Gislef

    Gislef

    [1]May 12, 2012
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 100
    • rank: Master of the Universe
    • posts: 23,869


    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/13/12 episode "A Land Without Magic" to this thread.

    Enjoy!
    Edited on 05/13/2012 4:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpartXen

    SpartXen

    [2]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 03/18/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50

    I suppose it's too much to hope for the first 8 minutes of THIS episode being posted early, lol. Ah well, SUPER EXCITED!!!!!! Less than 7 hours to go *hyperventilate*

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cocktailshrink

    cocktailshrink

    [3]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 04/11/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 5

    There are two sneak previews on their facebook page. It's got me on the edge of my seat waiting.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpartXen

    SpartXen

    [4]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 03/18/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    I've decided to skip the rest of the sneak peeks for this episode. ABC is terrible with its sneak peeks, they spoil EVERYTHING. I mean, I know sneak peeks are always spoilers, but the point is to spoil just enough to get people excited, while still keeping the really big, shocking reveals a secret until it airs. Lately all the big reveals have been spoiled, so I'm staying AWAY!!! Too bad today is mother's day and I have to take my mom to dinner while the finale is airing Ah well, I'll miss the 7pm show but maybe I'll be back in time for the 8pm, lol. I think I have an addiction XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [5]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766

    Welll just as expected, Emma's build up needed a push. Which henry happened to be. Then everything she experienced fell into place and she stopped denying the facts to herself


    It was nice to see Emma and Regina working together. I guess now, since Gold is sort of taking over as main villain, Regina and Emma will be in sort of frenemies territory with both of them being against each other but teaming up from time to time when their interests match


    BELLE. BELLE. BELLE. YESSS


    You awesome Mr.Gold. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Played EXACTLY how he planned. all these years ago. He banked on EXACTLY THIS TURN OF EVENTS. EXACTLY THIS SITUATION. EXACTLY THIS OUTCOME.


    And the ending...HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE DOT WAIT ENTIRE SUMMER NOW?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crecksue

    crecksue

    [6]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 05/06/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 17

    im with kitanishi ...... that ending was simply cruel ..... CRUEL! ... amazing series i was worried what would be going on on the second season if the curse was broken and all, even though that it would go like american horror story that they approach a completely different story each season ... now there's nothing else than cruel wait till the new season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpartXen

    SpartXen

    [7]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 03/18/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    Overall, spectacular. Loved that Emma finally believed. I would have liked a LITTLE more OMG THIS IS REAL WHOA kinda reaction from her, but at least we saw her freak out a little when she went to August (poor guy I hope there's still a chance for him). Loved that Emma attacked Regina. Perfect reaction, and PERFECT way to get her to finally admit that the curse is real. You could see her defeat when she admitted it, too; she had no choice. Still not completely a fan of Emma yet - seriously, you just GAVE Rumple the egg? Girl, aren't you supposed to have street smarts? Ugh. Moving on, I'm glad we got to see what became of those strands of hair Rumple collected. That potion is POWERFUL! Rumple and Regina getting their powers back IN OUR WORLD? Even better ending than I could have hoped for! And the writers were right: I AM wondering 'WTF are they gonna do now?!?!?!?!'
    Questions:
    -Still a little vague on the whole Regina/Belle thing. I'm assuming Regina told Gold that Belle died because she wanted to hurt Rumple. But is there a reason? I know she's evil, but there is usually a motive behind her actions, regardless of how twisted those motives are. What happened between her and Rumple in FTL? And what exactly happened to Belle in FTL? Obviously she didn't die, but was Regina holding her captive before the curse, or is that just something she made happen in SB? I really want to see more of this back story. On the bright side, we're DEFINITELY gonna see more Belle in S2, maybe even as a semi-regular.
    -We still don't know how Gold got Henry, or why Regina wanted Henry, or why she cares so much about Henry despite the fact that he's the son of the person destined to break her curse. There's gotta be more going on than just her randomly deciding one day she wants someone in her life to love.
    -Will the FT characters be able to leave SB now that the curse is broken (travel to other places in the real world, I mean)? Will they WANT to?
    -Rumple is definitely going after Regina. Right? RUN.
    -Is Regina gonna be casting spells and turning into smoke in her business suit, or are we going to see her EQ costumes in SB? Maybe she'll modernize her look and just wear leather pants and a corset? XD
    -How is Emma going to react to seeing her PARENTS now that she knows who they are? I can handle MM and Emma as mother and daughter, but David and Emma as father and daughter? WEIRD. Anyone with me on this?

    Summer is going to be so long
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [8]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766
    SpartXen wrote:

    -We still don't know how Gold got Henry, or why Regina wanted Henry, or why she cares so much about Henry despite the fact that he's the son of the person destined to break her curse. There's gotta be more going on than just her randomly deciding one day she wants someone in her life to love.


    Its quite clear that she had no idea whose son that is and that she TRULY just wanted someone to be loved and someone to take care of. Regina might be evil queen, but she is still human.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpartXen

    SpartXen

    [9]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 03/18/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    Kitanishi wrote:
    SpartXen wrote:

    -We still don't know how Gold got Henry, or why Regina wanted Henry, or why she cares so much about Henry despite the fact that he's the son of the person destined to break her curse. There's gotta be more going on than just her randomly deciding one day she wants someone in her life to love.


    Its quite clear that she had no idea whose son that is and that she TRULY just wanted someone to be loved and someone to take care of. Regina might be evil queen, but she is still human.




    She didn't know whose son he was when she adopted him, but she knew by episode 2 who Emma and Henry were. I just think there had to be a catalyst somewhere that made her want to adopt, is all. I mean, Henry is 10, the curse has been in place for 28 years, so Regina was living in SB for 18 years before she finally decided to adopt? 18 years of basically living the same life day in and day out, nothing changing. Something had to make her want a child. I'm not saying she didn't want someone to love, I'm just saying, something happened to make her decide on adoption and I want to know what it was. I just want to go back to when Regina adopted Henry SO FRICKIN BAD, the mystery is driving me crazy, lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ral4884

    ral4884

    [10]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 07/01/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 190

    Finale was awesome.... mostly everythings already been said but 1 thing i kinda wanted to see. After the curse was broken was kinda hoping Emma ran into Snow and Charming to meet her parents and vice versa. Would have been a cool scene. Anyways How long is the wait ?



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpartXen

    SpartXen

    [11]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 03/18/12
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    I just watched an interview with Ginnifer Goodwin and she said that there is a specific set of conditions that need to be met for the curse to break. These conditions were met with Graham, so the curse broke for him, but they weren't met when Snow and Charming shared true loves kiss. She said the writers explained it to her and it makes total sense, and the audience will understand after the finale. But I still don't get it. What exactly was it that broke the curse? And what was it that broke the curse for Graham? It can't be true loves kiss because it didn't break for Snow and Charming. We can speculate (maybe it's not true loves kiss for them because they don't remember who they are, or something like that) but Ginnifer said it was really simple and this doesn't seem super simple to me. And if true love broke the curse for Graham, why didn't it restore everyone's memories like it did when Emma kissed Henry? I'm confused. Anyone?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [12]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766
    SpartXen wrote:
    I just watched an interview with Ginnifer Goodwin and she said that there is a specific set of conditions that need to be met for the curse to break. These conditions were met with Graham, so the curse broke for him, but they weren't met when Snow and Charming shared true loves kiss. She said the writers explained it to her and it makes total sense, and the audience will understand after the finale. But I still don't get it. What exactly was it that broke the curse? And what was it that broke the curse for Graham? It can't be true loves kiss because it didn't break for Snow and Charming. We can speculate (maybe it's not true loves kiss for them because they don't remember who they are, or something like that) but Ginnifer said it was really simple and this doesn't seem super simple to me. And if true love broke the curse for Graham, why didn't it restore everyone's memories like it did when Emma kissed Henry? I'm confused. Anyone?


    IT had to be EMMA's true love's kiss. Emma is litterally part of the curse, as was explained. She is only one directly linked into it. And indeed with graham we saw it start to break, but he died way before curse broke completely.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RavenFreak120

    RavenFreak120

    [13]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 10/02/05
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 1,162
    Can I have someone clarify, please? Just confused. So, now the curse is broken, but now there's magic allowed in Storybrooke? I mean it wouldn't be a restart, or would it? Like... with the smoke and the clock stopping again and Regina smiling... but the curse IS broken? Or not? Aaaah! Sorry!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of watcher1006

    watcher1006

    [14]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 09/15/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,286

    I wonder if Henry will be with Emma come next season. Emma may have saved him, but what bearing do the events of the last two episodes have on the custody fight?

    Mr. Gold/Rump has his Belle back - what more is he after now?

    Regina is defeated but smiles to see magic come to Storybrooke.

    With David about to depart Storybrooke at the beginning it looked like his relationship with Kathryn was over. I don't imagine Snow White/Prince Charming will be the central focus next season but I wonder where their story in Storybrooke goes from here.

    It doesn't look to me like Jefferson is any closer to getting his daughter back.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mateoweaver

    mateoweaver

    [15]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 08/09/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 4
    SpartXen wrote:
    What exactly was it that broke the curse? And what was it that broke the curse for Graham? It can't be true loves kiss because it didn't break for Snow and Charming. We can speculate (maybe it's not true loves kiss for them because they don't remember who they are, or something like that) but Ginnifer said it was really simple and this doesn't seem super simple to me. And if true love broke the curse for Graham, why didn't it restore everyone's memories like it did when Emma kissed Henry? I'm confused. Anyone?


    It did restore everyone's memories. I think Emma finally learned to love Henry when she thought he was gone. I don't know if she had ever kissed him before but this ep she had learned to love him, It gave everyone's memories back because of the whoosh and David addressed MM as Snow and she addressed him as Charming. I think Emma's true love kiss to henry broke the curse for everyone
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rstandish

    rstandish

    [16]May 13, 2012
    • member since: 05/06/12
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3

    Pretty amazing episode. I was more excited at the beginning when Emma finally believed...I had to rewind to see it again just because the beginning was so great. I was definitely satisfied with how everything played out especially for Rumple. I thought it was neat how we saw Emma and Charming fighting Maleficent. They would kick serious ass together.


    What I'm looking forward to in season 2/questions:


    -Seeing Jefferson reunited with his daughter


    -How Snow and Charming will treat Emma now that they remember she's their daughter.


    -I'm wondering what FTL will look like or if everyone will dress the way they used to.


    -Will Emma stay in FTL? Or will she take Henry with her to the real world.


    -I wonder what's in store for season 2. What's going to be exciting after just a couple episodes? I love this show and I hope it stays on for years.


    -Will Emma have a new love interest? Like August maybe?


    -Lastly, Bae! I am so interested to see whatever happened to him. Since Rumple seems to be the main villain and now one can really stop him maybe it will be Bae?


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DocKev

    DocKev

    [17]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/11/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 65


    For the most part, I thought the finale was great. The moment of Emma kissing Henry which resulted in the breaking of the curse & the characters remembering was very well done.




    However, I'm having my first "hmmmm, does this make sense" moment for the series. And that is the existence of Maleficent existing as a dragon beneath Storybrooke. How did this happen? By magic? If so, I thought there was no magic in Storybrooke, and Regina said last episode that all the magic she brought to Storybrooke had been used up (admittedly, the dragon wouldn't have fit into Jefferson's hat anyways). If the dragon was somehow turned into a living, non-magic creature, how did it survive under there? Do dragons need to eat to survive? Also, Regina mentioned that SHE somehow managed to keep Maleficent in a form Maleficent wasn't happy with.....but how was this accomplished? Did Regina "change" Rumplestiltskin's curse somehow to cause this? Finally, why would Regina do this? Granted, she did steal the curse from Maleficent, but didn't Regina say that Maleficent was her only friend? Nice way to treat her best friend! While this is bugging me, I can't wait for the fall to arrive to see how the story unfolds now!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [18]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766
    rstandish wrote:

    -How Snow and Charming will treat Emma now that they remember she's their daughter.


    -I'm wondering what FTL will look like or if everyone will dress the way they used to.


    -Will Emma stay in FTL? Or will she take Henry with her to the real world.



    FOr the last friggin time.

    THEY ARE NOT IN FTL. Why do people think they are in FTL....they are still in Storybrooke.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of beaniebecky19

    beaniebecky19

    [19]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 06/26/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 110
    Kitanishi wrote:
    rstandish wrote:

    -How Snow and Charming will treat Emma now that they remember she's their daughter.


    -I'm wondering what FTL will look like or if everyone will dress the way they used to.


    -Will Emma stay in FTL? Or will she take Henry with her to the real world.



    FOr the last friggin time.

    THEY ARE NOT IN FTL. Why do people think they are in FTL....they are still in Storybrooke.


    UUMMMM how do you know that they are in Storeybrooke!!! all we see is the giant purple cloud surround the town, which could very well take them back to FTL. do say they are not somewhere when you dont know for sure we wont know till the next season airs. i would like to think they they are all going back to FTL because as Mr Gold/ Rumplestiltskin said magic in the real world is unpredictable so why would he bring magic there if he cant be sure of the effect it will have.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kitanishi

    Kitanishi

    [20]May 14, 2012
    • member since: 01/20/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 766
    beaniebecky19 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    rstandish wrote:

    -How Snow and Charming will treat Emma now that they remember she's their daughter.


    -I'm wondering what FTL will look like or if everyone will dress the way they used to.


    -Will Emma stay in FTL? Or will she take Henry with her to the real world.



    FOr the last friggin time.

    THEY ARE NOT IN FTL. Why do people think they are in FTL....they are still in Storybrooke.


    UUMMMM how do you know that they are in Storeybrooke!!! all we see is the giant purple cloud surround the town, which could very well take them back to FTL. do say they are not somewhere when you dont know for sure we wont know till the next season airs. i would like to think they they are all going back to FTL because as Mr Gold/ Rumplestiltskin said magic in the real world is unpredictable so why would he bring magic there if he cant be sure of the effect it will have.


    1. Emma and Henry both discuss that they are in storybrooke still.


    2. Going to FTL would be counter-productive for Rumple who went out of his way to design the plan to get to this world in the first place.


    3. Rumple himself says that he is bringing magic into the world. And Rumple generally knows what he is doing.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.