Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Official Discussion Thread: An Apple Red as Blood (possible spoilers)

SpartXen

[21]May 10, 2012
    • level: 4
    Well since Lily Sparks's interview we know that Bae won't be part of the finale. Of course, that doesn't mean he isn't Henry's father, but it does give me hope that if he IS Henry's father, we'll get to see an interesting, plot-twist-filled story arc with him. And if not, I think we'll still get a plot-twist-filled arc to tell his story. I'm glad they're not putting anything about Bae in the finale - it's just TOO MUCH story for one episode, and if they try to pack in too much, the episode is just gonna be a mess. We'll at least get to see Belle again, which should give Rumple fans a little bit of closure, or at least some progression with him. And I think it's safe to assume there will be plenty enough Henry storyline to fill this episode without adding his dad into the mix.
    I read another interview with the creators that said Regina's dream sequence was foreshadowing something, and in the finale there will be some 'ahhh' moments. I hope they're right, lol. The dream sequence was entertaining, but ultimately pointless unless they follow it up in the finale, so I'm really hoping they do. By the way, did anyone else notice that you can kinda see Emma stop the sword before it gets to Regina (ie. Jen Morrison doing a fake swing for the camera)? The editors couldn't have cut it a second earlier so we wouldn't see that? Whatever, I'm just nitpicking, lol.

OMG, I LOVED the scene between Regina and Snow. I know a lot of peolpe have been saying it was anti-climactic, but it's exactly what I've been waiting to see since "Stable Boy" (and maybe even before that). It was emotionally charged, and I just love seeing Lana and Ginny together. Really happy we got that scene, and I love the twist they gave to the apple story. GREAT EPISODE. lol to the 'But I'm rescuing you' line. That was adorable, the way she said it was just perfect, and loved Charming's little chuckle at it. So adorable, although I'm still a little annoyed that we haven't seen any more of the scrappy, bickering duo we saw in 'Snow Falls' I loved them. Not that I don't now, but that episode was just so perfect.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dracomom

[22]May 11, 2012
    • level: 5

Maybe Snow and Charming haven't been together long enough since "Snow Falls" to get around to bickering? One or the other keeps getting tied up or dragged off. Agree that their chemistry was marvelous- which makes David all the more annoying.

DarthFreeza

[23]May 13, 2012
    • level: 23
    Kitanishi wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

One thing about this episode that kinda irked me was in the beginning when Regina was begging Mr. Gold to "edit" the curse and started offering to make any deal she did not even THINK to offer the one thing Mr. Gold might be inclined to barter for (aside for Baelfire) - BELLE!
    She still has Belle locked up in the loony bin - obviously saving her to be used against Rumple. Why not make the offer now when she seemed so desperate?

Because she very well knows that the moment Gold finds out what she put Belle through, she is even more screwed
    If that's the case then she really has no reason for keeping her alive. Might as well just kill her since Rumple already thinks she's dead and she apparently is uninterested in using her against him to get what she wants.

angeleys151

[24]May 14, 2012
    • level: 6
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

One thing about this episode that kinda irked me was in the beginning when Regina was begging Mr. Gold to "edit" the curse and started offering to make any deal she did not even THINK to offer the one thing Mr. Gold might be inclined to barter for (aside for Baelfire) - BELLE!
    She still has Belle locked up in the loony bin - obviously saving her to be used against Rumple. Why not make the offer now when she seemed so desperate?

Because she very well knows that the moment Gold finds out what she put Belle through, she is even more screwed
    If that's the case then she really has no reason for keeping her alive. Might as well just kill her since Rumple already thinks she's dead and she apparently is uninterested in using her against him to get what she wants.

Before last night's finale I had thought Regina was keeping Belle because if Rumple backed her into a corner and was about to destroy her she wanted an ace up her sleeve. What better card to play than saying "Oh you want to kill me? Well if you do you'll never find out where Belle is. Let me go and promise never to come after me again and I'll give her back. Deal?" Since he always honors his deals if he says yes then she's covered (in theory) buy why play that card if she doesn't have to?

Dracomom

[25]May 14, 2012

I suspect that right up until Mr Gold says *You can't just turn her into a snail and step on her, can you?" Regina had forgotten or underestimated Rumplestiltskin's vicious and defensive nature. Even the savage beating administered to the florist hadn't really clued Regina in, since she seemed to have all the cards (at least at the end of that episode)

Admitting to an ally that you'd lied might make or break your alliance- but giving Rumplestiltskin a reason to want your head on the wall, right around the same time the rest of the townsfolk were starting to notice things, would be a really bad idea! At that point, Belle became too dangerous to reveal, but I think also too dangerous to kill, since who'd be out there digging around in the forest?

danpianoman

[26]May 15, 2012
    • level: 1

Help me understand the awkward dialogue between Henry and August. First Henry says you were going to make her believe. Then Henry acts sursurprised that August tried to make her believe, and even more surprised that the curse is real after all. Did I miss something here? Why would the boy is believes in this so much be surprised? And did I forget about an agreement Henry and August had? Did he or did he not expect that August believed in the curse? Did I forget something from a past episode?

SpartXen

[27]May 15, 2012
    • level: 4
    danpianoman wrote:

Help me understand the awkward dialogue between Henry and August. First Henry says you were going to make her believe. Then Henry acts sursurprised that August tried to make her believe, and even more surprised that the curse is real after all. Did I miss something here? Why would the boy is believes in this so much be surprised? And did I forget about an agreement Henry and August had? Did he or did he not expect that August believed in the curse? Did I forget something from a past episode?

Don't forget, Henry has never actually had any conclusive proof that the curse is real. We still have no idea what made him start to believe in it in the first place. He's really been out a limb with his theory, and August admitting that he's Pinocchio is the first proof Henry has ever had that he was right all along. It's a big moment for him, and no matter how much he believed in the curse, it still had to be a big surprise. Also, he didn't know August was Pinocchio (in fact there are a lot of townsfolk whose identities are unknown to us and to Henry, Mr. Gold included) so that reveal was probably another surprise. And the fact that he was turning back into wood - another shocker. He probably wasn't so much expressing surprise that he tried to get Emma to believe, but rather excitement. He was hoping August had succeeded and that now Emma would believe, but no such luck.
    What I love about this scene is that it proves, finally, what we've suspected all along: Henry has never had any concrete evidence that the curse is real. So what, then, made him start believing in the first place? Maybe he just noticed all the things that were off about the town? Hard to say for sure, but I'm hoping we get to go back at some point and see how it started for him.

Dracomom

[28]May 15, 2012

Wasn't August the first adult to say to Henry, "You're right, kid. There is a Curse, and we are all fairytale characters. I'm Pinocchio"

This is validation, from an independent source, that Henry isn't wrong. (Turning into wood is tough to fake.) Emma played along all this time, and Henry thought she believed, at first. So maybe Henry wasn't sure August wasn't doing the same.