Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Official Season 1+ News, speculation, etc. Thread (Including Season 2 Renewal!)

Audiesmum

[101]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 1

BadWolf_35 wrote:
    Dracomom wrote:

Here's a theory - Comments welcomed!

IF Regina is actually the Miller's daughter from the Grimm version of "Rumplestiltskin", is it possible that she DID give R her son at some point? Especially if it was her lover's child and she needed to keep him safe? It might be that August seemed familiar to Regina because he resembled her lover somewhat- which could make him HER son! This also explains why she wanted to adopt a child, and why she got Mr Gold involved- she hoped she'd get her son back.

The main objection to this theory is that it's not convoluted enough...

Interesting theory... I like it better than a lot of the other theories I've heard

I like this! firstly EQ wants to see Rumpy depowered in fairytale land thus the trick with Belle and she seems to have a fear of Mr Gold in this time like she will go up against anyone else BUT him and he seems to have a hold over her thats unspoken do you know what i mean I think you could be right she may be the miller's daughter. But how did she turn evil wait remember her father was like weirdly devoted to her...perhaps he felt guilty for her having to give up her child when they couldn't guess Rumplestiltskins name? I like this theory I think you could be onto something here Dracomom

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soapyjeans

[102]Mar 11, 2012

I think August is bad, since he's come to town, we've seen the book get rebound and David arrested for his wifes dissapearance. Also, where did Fredericks car go? Remember he pulled up behind her wrecked car because she tried to leave town. When sheriff got there She and Frederick and his car were gone. Remember Henry said anytime somebody new comes to town something either good or bad happens. Well, since Augusts arrival its been getting worse. In fact it seems as if the curse is strengthening, not weakening. At this point it appears snow/david won't unite until the series finale. I wish they kept the concept as in the first 3 episodes... Not happy that Emma apparently can't really tell when someone lies, because Sydney has been lying to her face now for a few weeks, lol...

Dracomom

[103]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm not sure whether August left town after pushing Ruby's buttons- I think he may have done, but not sure. I'm fairly certain that he showed up to get his hands on the Book; so leaving before Henry discovers it's altered or fake seems like a good idea.

After poking along for weeks, we may actually be getting somewhere! Whose heart was in the box- Grant's? Regina's? Kathryn's? or someone else? I'd like to see the results of a DNA test- instantly obvious if it's male or female!

Audiesmum

[104]Mar 13, 2012

Dracomom wrote:

I'm not sure whether August left town after pushing Ruby's buttons- I think he may have done, but not sure. I'm fairly certain that he showed up to get his hands on the Book; so leaving before Henry discovers it's altered or fake seems like a good idea.

After poking along for weeks, we may actually be getting somewhere! Whose heart was in the box- Grant's? Regina's? Kathryn's? or someone else? I'd like to see the results of a DNA test- instantly obvious if it's male or female!

I gotta say even though August's job seems done...I don't know if he'd vanish without US knowing. Everyone in Storybrooke cool but us mmn no we'd see him leave some how

Dracomom

[105]Mar 13, 2012

If August is still around, we should see in an episode or two. They probably won't explain anything, but we'd see him sneaking around a corner or something. I really don't want Emma to fall for him before we get a few more answers. (I still think August has a Wizard of Oz connection, possibly via "Wicked" Flying monkeys, hurrah! But don't make the dwarves into munchkins, please!)

I still really want to read The Book, preferably both versions! And I'm wondering what's locked up in the old library... Henry hasn't said anything about the changes in the Book yet, so either he hasn't read it through or it's an exact copy. Or the scriptwriters are slower than snail mail with their plot developments. (Maybe August has to let them know what's going on before they can write the next episode)

Maybe Kathryn took off with "Fred" the gym teacher? and they're holed up in his apartment? She wouldn't necessarily need her clothes for that-lol!

Audiesmum

[106]Mar 16, 2012

Either that or she has amnesia and he's being a good egg helping her out but surely Frederick/gym teacher would have heard the news seen a paper what not and known to step forward unless he's keeping her for himself....visa vee misery style

CoffeeCake225

[107]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 15
    by the time the gym teacher got there, katherine wasn't in the care anymore..

Jemadari

[108]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 12

Gotta say, I really hate ABC's promo team, last night i'm minding my own business watching Revenge when a very spoiler filled preview of OUAT comes on

Dracomom

[109]Apr 19, 2012

I really didn't like the promo featuring Emma with the sword- unless it's Regina's nightmare, there's way too much info! For a show that's been so stingy with plot action sometimes, dumping all this in the end of the season kind of feels likethe episodic equivalent of agarbage pizza. "Let's throw all this at the audience at once, to confuse them all summer!" Video indigestion ensues.

It would be cool if it was Regina's nightmare- after all, they haven't used that fairytale standard yet. Dreams and visions and messages from thespirit worldmay seem a bit metaphysical for a TV show, but "Lost" covered a lot of that territory too. Or maybe this is Henry's fantasy. "My adopted mom is the Mayor, and she's evil; but my real mom can kick serious butt!" (Anyone else thinking Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill"?)I have trouble with Emma as a sword-wielding Amazon, even though it looks really cool, because I doubt they'd cover that in bounty hunter college...

Seriously, guys- did you have to tie up all the loose ends in 3episodes because you weren't sure the show was getting renewed? (I'm sure it has been, but maybe they wrote the scripts before the decision was official?) That was the feeling I got watching that promo. And the Episode guide did little to dispell that conviction.

SpartXen

[110]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 4
    I'm thinking (and hoping, cause it would be cool) that this scene is a vision of the future from Rumple, since we know he can see the future. And it's gotta be Emma's or Regina's just based on what we know is coming up in the next few episodes, but really, who knows?
    As for the episodes being too jam-packed, my opinion of this season is that the writer's really needed to spend the first season laying the groundwork of the FT world so that their plans for the future of Storybrooke could unfold the way they want them to, without having to pause and go back to explain past events. That's why there have been so many 'filler' episodes and so little advancement in the main plot (We need to know who the FT people are and what they're back stories are). I think what we're seeing now is the story they REALLY want to tell, which they can do now because we know who all the major players are. I think the next season, and however many season we get after that (20 hopefully, lol) will be VERY different from the first season, and the events coming up in the final episodes are the culmination of the foundation the writer's have built, which will take us into the next season and the next phase of the story.
    But of course this is all just speculation, and just one opinion among many. We really have no idea what the writer's are planning. Being a writer myself, and a total TV junkie, I say just sit back and enjoy the ride B)

Dracomom

[111]Apr 21, 2012

Didn't remember Rumplestiltskin seeing the future- it could be that this is the point he's been working toward all along. August is also featured in this vision- could it be what brought him there?He says he's there for Emma, so maybe he needs to get her to accept her destiny? She's going to need all the help she can get, even when she does...

Perhaps my previous postwasn't entirely clear- I wasn't complaining at the slow pace initially (except for theMM/D soap opera, couldn't stand the wishy-washy whiny crap)I neverexpected the Curse would be broken in the first season, so I hope they do go back to taking their time. The last 3 episodes were described in a cast interview (I think it was Jennifer Morrison, but not certain) as being "a roller coaster". This promo clip makes it seem that we'll be left with whiplash by the time it stops!

Edie70

[112]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    OMG, I truly hope they won't kill off Regina at the end of the season. Now that'd be a shame.

SpartXen

[113]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 4
    Dracomom, we know Rumple can see the future because he predicted Emma would return and save everyone from the curse. We don't really know how extensive his powers are, though. Could be because he created the curse (which I'd like to point out was never actually stated anywhere, only that he 'gave' the curse to Regina, which may or may not mean he made it) that he knows how to break it. You know, now that I think about it, maybe he can't see the future and he only knew about Emma because of the curse....hmmm....well doesn't think show just keep getting more confusing, lol.

Edie70, I'm sure the producers (or whoever's in charge over there, lol) know how popular Lana Parrilla is and how much people love her character (Evil Regals, anyone?). I REALLY doubt they'd kill her off. Besides, she enacted the curse - makes her kind of important in the story. Personally if they get rid of Regina I'll probably stop watching the show, and I'm not the first person to say that, so I'm sure she'll be back.

seenthebean

[114]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 10

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that the scene from the promo of Emma saying "You took away our happiness, now we're gonna take away yours" is NOT a dream sequence. Jane Espenson gave an interview saying the season finale would be huge and have a final confrontation. Also, I just watched the Paleyfest interviews, and one of the writers strongly hinted that the curse was going to be lifted THIS season. I don't know why people think this show can't go on if there is no curse. The whole series doesn't have to revolve around that. Also, I highly doubt that Regina will be killed. My guess is the only way to break the curse is to have her feel remorse for what she did or something like that and the only to do it was for them to trick her into thinking they were going to kill her. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Oh, and I read a spoiler that an apple tree shows up in the middle of Storybrooke in 1x21 and since Regina was tied up in that scene it's just another piece making me think it's not a dream.

Edited on 04/21/2012 11:42am

Dracomom

[115]Apr 21, 2012

It seems somewhat premature to critique the final episode when there are several still to air. So I'm going to have to stop doing it. But I almost wish that they hadn't aired this promo yet. Still, the "Mad Hatter" promo was (intentionally) misleading. Whether the plan is to generate buzz or just to confuse the heck out of us all for the summer, I won't venture a guess.

There's been speculation about Rumplestiltskin's ability to see into the future all along- his line about being "invested" in Snow's future, and then almost the exact same line to Emma, argue that he's known something about this (maybe not everything) for at least 30 years. And if the theory that Emma's name shows up on The Dagger just before Rumplestiltskin's does is correct (check for yourself- some of my friends see it and some don't) he may very well have known Emma was going to exist for his entire tenure as the Dark One.

It doesn't seem much of a stretch to believe that Rumplestiltskin, as the Dark One, created the Dark Curse; especially since Regina went to talk to him about why it didn't work properly at the first casting. Since Regina traded the Dark Curse to Maleficient in exchange for a sleep spell to use on Snow (which Regina claimed didn't work, when she took the Dark Curse back), it may have existed as an object centuries before it was cast.

One theory isthat Rumplestiltskin created the Dark Curse in an attempt to break his own curse; I'm pretty sure this idea was brought up way in the beginning.

Edie70

[116]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 19
    But how is this show gonna work without the curse???

carlejeune

[117]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 6

I am totally confused. I started watching the episode that aired on Sunday 4/22 and found out Katherine is not dead; the episode before that was on 4/1 called the stable boy...when did the sheriff discover that katherine was not dead?

Dracomom

[118]Apr 24, 2012

When Ruby ran screaming out of the alley at the end of "The Stableboy", and Emma found the dazed woman in the brown hat- THAT was Kathryn. She didn't look like her usual self, but nobody would after being held in a basement for weeks!

Mr Gold kidnapped her and held her in the basement (clear from the conversation about "something tragic" between him and Regina); even if Sydney did "confess" to the crime to help Regina. Does anyone else think Sydney is being dumber than Emma at her most obtuse? No matter what Regina promised him, no matter how much he thinks he loves her- he's too intelligent not to see he's put his head into a noose; either he's hoping she'll finally come through for him (previous experience to the contrary), or else he's so sick of the whole thing that he'd rather be destroyed.

I so want to see what would happen if Mr Gold handed Sydney the lamp from his shop- it's got to bring back some memories! (Maybe not the common sense to see that Regina's been playing him like a violin for decades, but love is blind...)

carlejeune

[119]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 6

Thanks for that. In the meantime, I rewatched the episode Stable Boy on my computer and figured out what happened. It is all ABC's fault. This network has several of its shows ending at :01 instead of being 7:00-8:00 the show ends at 8:01. I set it on manuel so it would end at 8pm and I could tape two shows that come on at 8 pm so that is why I missed the ending. Now, for that very reason, I am setting a manuel on a show that comes on at 8pm and it will start at 8:02 so I don't miss anymore surprises Laughing.

Dracomom

[120]Apr 24, 2012

I think Lily Sparks posted something in her review about the promos at the end being the part she watches most avidly, to get clues for the next episode... I have trouble synchronizing my DVR to the TV times, so I'm always going to the online videos to get those little snippets at the very beginning or the very end. But if the schedule actually runs to 8:01, that may be why!