Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

Ogres, Trolls, etc.

DarthFreeza

[1]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 23

I appologize if this question has been asked before but does anyone have an explanation for how the non-human creatures were affected by Regina's curse?

We've seen that Dwarves and Fairies were affected by the curse and just made human. But I don't recall any mention of Ogres or Trolls and whether or not they came to Storybrooke as well. Does anyone know of an explanation forthis?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dracomom

[2]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 5

I believe Mr Gold's muscle in "Skin Deep" (the guy who actually drives the florist's truck away) is either an ogre or troll in human form, but that's just me. Considering they had Maleficient hidden under the library, who else might crawl up the elevator shaft?

sci_fi40

[3]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 7

Tiny Spoilers From the Season 2 Premiere will follow:

Since the premire last night, I wondered about this. Mulan said something about the part of Fairytale land thats left being filled with awful creatures. Maybe there were just some beings, like ogres and trolls andsuch,that the curse couldn't affect, and they were essentially left behind. The technically non-human creatures that we've seen in Storeybrooke as "humans", like the dwarves and the fairies, were all magical creatures, or had a strong connection to magic,to begin with. I'd imagine there are some creatures that simply are what they are, non-human and non-magical. Perhapse the curse didn't directly effect those types of creatures that were simply a different species.

Edited on 10/01/2012 9:00am

Kitanishi

[4]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 9
    sci_fi40 wrote:

Tiny Spoilers From the Season 2 Premiere will follow:

Since the premire last night, I wondered about this. Mulan said something about the part of Fairytale land thats left being filled with awful creatures. Maybe there were just some beings, like ogres and trolls andsuch,that the curse couldn't affect, and they were essentially left behind. The technically non-human creatures that we've seen in Storeybrooke as "humans", like the dwarves and the fairies, were all magical creatures, or had a strong connection to magic,to begin with. I'd imagine there are some creatures that simply are what they are, non-human and non-magical. Perhapse the curse didn't directly effect those types of creatures that were simply a different species.

Going by the promo of second episode, Snow and emma are seemingly on the run from ogres.

Dracomom

[5]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 5

I believe that only the villains present when Regina tried to cast the Dark Curse the first time (when she turned the jeering gnome into a statue) were "bad" enough for her to bring to Storybrooke as allies. I think that's why she wanted the locks of hair- to key them into the Curse, so they'd end up coming over. (We haven't seen them all yet!) The trolls, ogres, etc. stayed behind because ravaging FTL was their version of a happy ending.

If this interpretation is correct, Regina believes there is nothing left of FTL because whatever wasn't ripped up by the roots to go to Maine will have been overrun by the ogres. I don't think she expected FTL to be held in stasis for 28 years as Mulan describes (how'd they do that, BTW? Something like the Sleeping Beauty curse?) And if ogres were running amok for 30 years, the place would be totally trashed!