Once Upon a Time Forums

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

What other stories would you like to see incorporated into OUaT?

mrs_kent

[1]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 8

I'd love to see the boy who cried wolf maybe with Red. I have a feeling she has a back story with Rumple (she's the one who told Snow about him and they share a bit of a look in the first ep).

I'd also like to see something about the princess and the pea (maybe this leads to the creation of the sleeping curse?). And the King's invisible wardrobe would be an interesting story to see what spin the writers could come up with.

**possible spoiler alert**

I know Robin Hood is coming up in the next ep so that'll be fun and they've also alluded to the Wizard of Oz (loved the bit about the red slippers, anyone know what the orb was about?)

What about everyone else?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dracomom

[5]May 28, 2013
    • level: 5

I've wanted to see some of theRussian tales- Kotschei the Deathless and the Firebird, or Baba Yaga, etc. They're somewhat familiar to everyone because of the ballets, but underdone (as opposed to Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, et al, of which there are many movie/TV versions). Or they could go back to the Greek mythos and catch us up on King Midas and company.

All I'm sure of is The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland for next season. Weren't there mermaids in the original Neverland?

Dracomom

[6]May 28, 2013
    • level: 5

I've wanted to see some of theRussian tales- Kotschei the Deathless and the Firebird, or Baba Yaga, etc. They're somewhat familiar to everyone because of the ballets, but underdone (as opposed to Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, et al, of which there are many movie/TV versions). Or they could go back to the Greek mythos and catch us up on King Midas and company.

All I'm sure of is The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland for next season. Weren't there mermaids in the original Neverland?

watcher1006

[7]May 29, 2013
    • level: 10

Dracomom wrote:

There most certainly were. Mermaid Lagoon, part of the island of Never Never Land, was where they resided. And in the Disney film Peter Pan they were every bit as scantily clad as was Ariel in The Little Mermaid, which made me wonder about the fuss that some critics made about her being overly sexualized. Heck, Disney had shown mermaids that way 36 years earlier.

watcher1006

[8]Jun 7, 2013
    • level: 10

It also occurred to me that this OUaT hasn't touched upon the Rapunzel story yet. I think that one is too much important in the culture of well-known fairy tales to ignore. If they do it, I'd prefer that they not base it on the Disney Tangled interpretation. That movie was a lot of fun but I think there are ways for the show to be more creative.

clary85

[9]Jun 17, 2013
    • level: 2

I don't know if this is specifically a fairy tale or something, but I would like to see THE SWAN LAKE. It's a nice story.

archangelwho

[10]Jun 27, 2013
    • level: 18

Hansel & Gretel, Aladdin or maybe some of the lessen known ones from around the world. A way in add some education value to the storyline.

darkbender24

[11]Oct 21, 2013
    • level: 12

I would like to see the three little pigs story line though i don't know if that counts as a fairy tale. It could be done what with the whole wolf thing already introduced.

CjTl2005

[12]Dec 31, 2013
    • level: 11
    clary85 wrote:

I don't know if this is specifically a fairy tale or something, but I would like to see THE SWAN LAKE. It's a nice story.

And Emma is Emma SWAN. It practically writes itself.

clary85

[13]Jan 15, 2014
    • level: 2

CjTl2005 wrote:
    clary85 wrote:

And Emma is Emma SWAN. It practically writes itself.

hah, you have a point, I hadn't thought about it... but I meant the whole legend, with the lady that becomes a swan and etc...